#241 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 9413 posts
  • Steam ID:BanalityDUFF

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:30 PM

Get your daughter to sit on your back when you do press ups my kids laugh there heads off haha

she already does :) and when i plank, and she makes me carry her when i squat. only 12kg at the mo so not too much of a nuisance although plenty of wriggly resistance 

#242 Goonertron

Goonertron
  • PSN:KiwiGooner13
  • Xbox Live:GoonerTR0N

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:44 PM

Finally got under 95kg, after months of going to Gym every weekday, I decided to do 1 day off 1 day on and it has seemed to speed up the weight loss.

Trying to get to 85, by end of semester so about 10 weeks.

#243 sakuraba

sakuraba

I know what you did last summer

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1521 posts
  • PSN:subtime
  • Xbox Live:subtime

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:01 AM

Awesome reaching your goal bro

Edited by sakuraba, 16 September 2015 - 08:02 AM.

#244 Muggshot_

Muggshot_
  • PSN:Muggshot_

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:05 PM

Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys could help me out a bit. Ive been going to the gym a bit in order to give myself the best chance I can to make it as far in rugby as I can next year, as well as just to feel good about myself and how I look. Im sitting at about 75kg after dropping 10kg at the start of the year and am mainly looking at more muscle exercises. So far in my sessions I will spend about 50 minutes using equipment like chest presses, leg presses, pull downs and so on and then finish up on the rowing machine. What im wondering about is purchasing supplements like protein. Ive been eyeing up the Whey Protein etc but also more of bulking powder but am unsure what is best for what I am wanting.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advanced guys :)

#245 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:30 AM

Bulking powder can be a bit of a waste (I used it but only when pushed for time) 

Best bet is to get a whey powder for any time of day, then for post workout, oats + banana + whey powder. 

I've used xplosivsupplements.co.nz since they started up, and keep an eye on nowhey.co.nz which is their deals site. 

#246 Vivasanti

Vivasanti

Grew extra fingers for gaming...

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • PSN:TheDarkLullaby
  • Xbox Live:Vivasanti

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:13 PM

Nearly all supplements are a waste of $$, just EAT, if your having problems hitting your required protein level to add some mass it maybe ok to hit a shake up every now and then.

#247 Mafivee

Mafivee

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:22 PM

I wouldn't bother with supplements and would rather eat steak, chicken, fish, eggs etc naturally for meals.

#248 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4064 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:38 AM

Nearly all supplements are a waste of $$, just EAT, if your having problems hitting your required protein level to add some mass it maybe ok to hit a shake up every now and then.

I wouldn't bother with supplements and would rather eat steak, chicken, fish, eggs etc naturally for meals.

Bingo, supplements are a complete waste of money IMO. Just make sure you're eating lots of protein (chicken breasts, steak, fish, etc) and good fats (avocado, eggs, etc).

#249 Muggshot_

Muggshot_
  • PSN:Muggshot_

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:11 PM

Awesome thanks everyone, really helped. I probably do eat enough of all those foods so think ill flag it for now. 

Thanks again :thumbsup:

#250 sassydot

sassydot

Queen of Forza

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 3730 posts
  • Steam ID:sassydot
  • Xbox Live:sassydot

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:07 PM

Massey Uni (Albany campus) looking for study participants

http://www.massey.ac...C8-63654D7938ED

Researchers are looking for healthy, non-smoking male athletes who can comfortably run 10km to take part in the study. Participants also need to be consumers of caffeine at least once a week (whether by chocolate, coffee, tea or energy drinks).They will be tested to find out which gene they have and how caffeine affects them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: workout, gym, exercise, health, wellbeing, motivation, diet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users