#1 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 9413 posts
  • Steam ID:BanalityDUFF

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

I sometimes frequent the 'just bought' thread but to be honest when I buy things it is largely on the internet and i then forget about it so never post in the thread.

so i'm starting a thread for all those people like me that receive mail and get excited about it.

i arrived home this afternoon to Brotherhood of the Storm in the mail
Posted Image

i received number 333 out of 5764. woop.

so yeah, post about what you've received in the mail lately. :)

also, wtf is up with posting images.

Edited by supermario, 05 November 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#2 Original_Noob

Original_Noob

истинную элиту

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 1708 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

I haven't ordered anything on the internet lately :(
Waiting for Absolution, GTA V and some other games yet to come out..

#3 fifamessi

fifamessi

"fifamessi is why I come to NZGamer" - Emz 2013

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 7019 posts
  • PSN:fifamessi

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

I like buying stuff online :D Feels like the mailman is just giving me a present.

Especially when you preorder, you pay like 3 months before and when the game arrives you just say wtf when did I get this? Awesome!

Or is that just me?

#4 guitar93

guitar93
  • Steam ID:TastesLikeBacon
  • PSN:OkTimeForPlanC
  • Xbox Live:theCRUNGE401

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Especially when you preorder, you pay like 3 months before and when the game arrives you just say wtf when did I get this?

Or is that just me?

Only if you buy a sh*t ton of items. And I'm a poor student, so that has never happened. yet.

OH! I'm waiting for my very first Debit Card to arrive in the mail! ANZ have finally sorted their sh*t out!

Edited by guitar93, 05 November 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#5 mrblobby666

mrblobby666
  • PSN:mrblobby666

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

OH! I'm waiting for my very first Debit Card to arrive in the mail! ANZ have finally sorted their sh*t out!

Me to! I will be able to buy sh*t online now finally not that I have any money. Bring on summer work.

#6 Kegz

Kegz

Professional Learnsmith

• Tester
  • 8132 posts
  • Steam ID:kegzzz
  • PSN:kegzzz

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

Good idea!

Posted Image

Only problem is one was meant to go to my place and one to Nim's. One guess as to why they are both in the same image -.-

#7 fifamessi

fifamessi

"fifamessi is why I come to NZGamer" - Emz 2013

• Tester
  • 7019 posts
  • PSN:fifamessi

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

You bought a copy for Nims? That's very nice of you ! But why didn't you get one for me too?

Me to! I will be able to buy sh*t online now finally not that I have any money. Bring on summer work.

You can buy using bank deposit on sites like MightyApe and TheNile. But yeah you will need one of those cards for NZGameshop :P

#8 guitar93

guitar93
  • Steam ID:TastesLikeBacon
  • PSN:OkTimeForPlanC
  • Xbox Live:theCRUNGE401

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

You can buy using bank deposit on sites like MightyApe and TheNile. But yeah you will need one of those cards for NZGameshop :P

Been using Bank deposit for years now. Just have been so damn limited, and I'm buying more stuff overseas now (Band merch, etc)
I just couldn't believe ANZ have taken soooo f***ing long to finally set up the PROPER Debit card system. They did have one like it, but you had a separate account which needing transferring, and those transfers took up to like 24hrs. I had the urge to switch banks, but I'm too damn lazy.... haha

Edited by guitar93, 05 November 2012 - 10:32 PM.

#9 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

debit cards ftw,

@fifamessi - it's totally like getting presents. i love it. doubly so when i've ordered lots of things and the package isn't entirely clear what it contains.

#10 Kegz

Kegz

Professional Learnsmith

• Tester
  • 8132 posts
  • Steam ID:kegzzz
  • PSN:kegzzz

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

You bought a copy for Nims? That's very nice of you ! But why didn't you get one for me too?

Well.. because he's my BFF and undercover lover and stuff.

No mail for me today :(

#11 Stark97

Stark97
  • Steam ID:Stark97

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

Flyer for free metal item pickups, washing machines etc.
And Halo 4

Edited by Stark97, 06 November 2012 - 09:16 AM.

#12 Original_Noob

Original_Noob

истинную элиту

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 1708 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

Especially when you preorder, you pay like 3 months before and when the game arrives you just say wtf when did I get this?

Or is that just me?

Only if you buy a sh*t ton of items. And I'm a poor student, so that has never happened. yet.

I hope for your sake they've upgraded the set up system for ANZ debit cards... I had to visit the branch twice and ring up customer service a few times for them to clarify what numbers I needed to log into the ****ing debit card account. Then it changed to some other 4 digit number that I'd never seen before and it locked me out of the debit card account. I didn't even bother trying to unlock it, as I could still access my savings and cheque accounts through the general internet banking page and I can still ring up the automated system to check if my funds have been transferred to the debit card account (they couldn't even link the debit card account to the rest of my accounts under my customer number)... AND THEY CHARGE A $1 to $2 "ADMIN FEE" PER MONTH!

#13 Byskyre

Byskyre
  • Steam ID:Muntey

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Or is that just me?

I hope for your sake they've upgraded the set up system for ANZ debit cards... I had to visit the branch twice and ring up customer service a few times for them to clarify what numbers I needed to log into the ****ing debit card account. Then it changed to some other 4 digit number that I'd never seen before and it locked me out of the debit card account. I didn't even bother trying to unlock it, as I could still access my savings and cheque accounts through the general internet banking page and I can still ring up the automated system to check if my funds have been transferred to the debit card account (they couldn't even link the debit card account to the rest of my accounts under my customer number)... AND THEY CHARGE A $1 to $2 "ADMIN FEE" PER MONTH!

TTTThat probably just reflects their systems rather than their decisions, they might not have been able to actually do it, even if they wanted to.

Westpac just linked my card to my account - It was actually the wrong account (My fault) , but they fixed it pretty easily.

#14 Super-Pangolin

Super-Pangolin
  • Steam ID:superpangolin
  • PSN:Super-Pangolin
  • Xbox Live:Super Pangolin

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

HHHHMMMMMM well, let's see. I'm still waiting for three items in the post:
  • This or the Apocalypse "Dead Years" pre-order bundle w/ shirt & The Contortionist "Intrinsic" album - was supposed to ship from USA to arrive here for Sep 25th, but upon following it up earlier in the week I found out it hadn't even left the warehouse yet because they f***ed up stock of the shirt.
  • Darksiders on PS3 - ordered off trademe middle of Oct but the seller forgot about it. Chased it up and it SHOULD be here soon.
  • Dragon's Dogma on PS3 - just put the order in yesterday.

#15 djkicks

djkicks

Misa <3

• Tester
  • 11075 posts
  • Steam ID:ProfessorKicks
  • Xbox Live:Chalcopyrite

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

I got in the mail a couple letters :)

One looks like a bank statement. The other Im not sure about. THe address on the back is a PO box in wellington. How exciting! Lets find out together whats inside...

#16 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• Tester
  • 19913 posts
  • PSN:Nimrod76

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Good idea!

Posted Image

Only problem is one was meant to go to my place and one to Nim's. One guess as to why they are both in the same image -.-

Best day ever.

#17 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

got a bunch of books in the mail today . . .

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
and
Posted Image

all wonderful hardcovers. i didn't check properly the Tiger Who Came To Tea and sadly it's a small sized version. Wamp-wah.

(I'm a teacher so I buy lots of picture books because I love picture books and I pretend they're for the kid but secretly I just love them).

#18 strawpeople

strawpeople

trash queen

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3202 posts
  • PSN:rebskee

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

^ The Tiger Who Came to Tea and The Tiny Seed are both wonderful! The kids/you will totally enjoy those. The Tiny Seed has such great illustrations.

#19 Super-Pangolin

Super-Pangolin
  • Steam ID:superpangolin
  • PSN:Super-Pangolin
  • Xbox Live:Super Pangolin

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

I remember picking a couple of those at work not long ago... were any from MA?

#20 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

nah, bookdepository. didn't realise mightyape even sold books to be honest, i haven't used it this year and when i did it was just to buy console games mainly.

pretty much just go bookdepository these days since it has free shipping. heh. and also because now i'm shopping with the aussie dollar it makes things so much cheaper. woop.

i'll be guts when i ever move back to nz and have to suffer the shitty nzd again. >_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users