What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10798 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:24 PM

gyms are back up - get in quick!

remember to spin the gym disc for your gym badge (tho this hasn't actually given me the badge yet) - and you only claim your pokecoins after your pokemon returns to you. 

Oh so do they stack?

So if you have one on a gym for a week do you get 70 coins when its returned?  Or do you get say 10 every time your mon gets sent back? which could be multiples in a day?

#1502 czk51

czk51
  • PSN:cheradenineZ

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

dunno yet :) 

My pokemon has been on a gym all day in a full team and hasn't even seen a battle yet. I log in everynow and then and feed the team berrie just to keep them motivated. I'd say he will be taken down over the weekend so will see how much I get. 

Also raids are available for level 35 and over, but this is just a trial period and niantic will lower the cap in coming days according to twitter. 

#1503 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5236 posts
  • Steam ID:highwaygothic

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:44 PM

gyms are back up - get in quick!

remember to spin the gym disc for your gym badge (tho this hasn't actually given me the badge yet) - and you only claim your pokecoins after your pokemon returns to you. 

Oh so do they stack?

So if you have one on a gym for a week do you get 70 coins when its returned?  Or do you get say 10 every time your mon gets sent back? which could be multiples in a day?

There's no more "collect". When your mon gets knocked off a gym you receive a single coin for every hour it was deployed, up to some daily cap of like 100 or something.

Here's some Reddit pasta:

Let's group all the observations about the new gyms :

• When a Pokémon is put in a gym, it doesn't start with max motivation

• You can't add a Pokémon when a gym you want to protect is under attack

• You can click on the bottom-left icon or the team symbol on a gym to spin the disc

• Spinning the Disc of a gym gives 2~4 items. Being in the same team as the gym gives one more item.

• Spinning a Gym's Disc counts as a daily stop bonus

• Badges don't seem to be available yet (the players are supposed to get more items from a gym's Disc if they have this gym's badge) Badges are available now

• Gym's Disc doesn't give Raid Pass yet

• You can only feed a pokémon 10 berries until it is full, we don't know how long you cant feed another for

• +20 stardusts per berry fed (pinap, razz and nanab all give +20)

• There is an indicator when you click on a Pokemon : battles won, time in gym and berries fed (but this one doesn't seem to work)

• Pokemon GO+ can't spin gyms

• Pokemon that spawns near a Gym aren't on the radar

• You can hold 20 gyms at once

• CPs go down at the rate : 1 per 2 minutes

• When a Pokemon's CP are red, it means that the next defeat will kick them out from the gym

• Feeding a Pokémon (yours or an ally one) can give you a Candy of that Pokémon

#1504 czk51

czk51

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:51 PM

Yup my Gyrados just got kicked off and I got a message in game stating this, plus 10 pokecoins.

#1505 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10798 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:53 PM

I read so many articles this morning that didn't quite touch on the changes.

#1506 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Steam ID:Killjoy1690

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:01 PM

'You can't add a Pokémon when a gym you want to protect is under attack'

I've never done a gym battle and I beat a pokemon to win the gym.  But it wouldn't let me put my pokemon in the gym as it was my buddy, so I go to unbuddy my Snorlax then go to put him in the gym (only took a few seconds) then it says I can't as its under attack... wait 10 mins STILL under attack.  Its a big building full of people and some just spend ages doing battles, I see no reason for such a stupid rule, totally pointless.

#1507 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan
  • Steam ID:Monkeyman_707
  • PSN:Monkeyman_707
  • Xbox Live:MonkeyManRacing

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:03 PM

'You can't add a Pokémon when a gym you want to protect is under attack'

I've never done a gym battle and I beat a pokemon to win the gym.  But it wouldn't let me put my pokemon in the gym as it was my buddy, so I go to unbuddy my Snorlax then go to put him in the gym (only took a few seconds) then it says I can't as its under attack... wait 10 mins STILL under attack.  Its a big building full of people and some just spend ages doing battles, I see no reason for such a stupid rule, totally pointless.

I think they had bugs for the person battling if someone put a pokemon in the gym mid way through, at least I remember having problems, so perhaps they gave up fixing those bugs and went for a simpler solution. Other than that I would agree there is no real reason to have that rule, maybe someone else has an idea?

#1508 Killjoy

Killjoy

life is killing me👌

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Steam ID:Killjoy1690

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:05 PM

I think they had bugs for the person battling if someone put a pokemon in the gym mid way through, at least I remember having problems, so perhaps they gave up fixing those bugs and went for a simpler solution. Other than that I would agree there is no real reason to have that rule, maybe someone else has an idea?

Oh yes sorry forgot to mention someone same team put a pokemon in the gym I beat

#1509 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5236 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:46 AM

Is pokemon go still a thing?
The big Go Fest event in Chicago fell over due to cell carrier overload, unstable app and server overload so they've enabled all the prize bonuses worldwide to turn it around to a positive event.

So until Tuesday midday our time we have:
Double xp on everything
Double candies on everything
Increased encounters
Egg distances are 1/3, buddy walking distance per candy decreased too but idk the amount.
Legendary raids are on.
Discounted raid pass boxes in the store.

On the downside, the app is unstable, my phone doesn't handle the processing power well so it lags and is generally irritating to try and play, and most of all it's still f2p/pay2win but the balance has shifted even further to p2w raiding so if you're not pumping the coins in for raid passes then you can't play with the community raiders and can't get those legendaries and rare candies and TMs. >:-(

#1510 czk51

czk51

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:09 AM

There's a legendary raid across the road from me right now but no one else there so not even worth attempting. I like this idea of being able to get em but since I'm not nearly as invested in the game as I was 6 months ago (and im flat out in the office) sadly I'll probably miss all the legendaries. 

#1511 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5236 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:18 PM

There's a legendary raid across the road from me right now but no one else there so not even worth attempting. I like this idea of being able to get em but since I'm not nearly as invested in the game as I was 6 months ago (and im flat out in the office) sadly I'll probably miss all the legendaries.

Join a group chat (e.g. discord or just facebook) and look out for when they're raiding one near you. Pretty much at the moment people are doing multiple raids per evening so even if you hung out at an easily accessible CBD raid i reckon you'd have a good chance of a group coming by.
You need 8 trainers for an Articuno and I'd say try for 10 for Lugia.
Articuno raids should stop spawning at the end of this month and chances are you won't even catch it either, so don't leave it until the last day.

#1512 czk51

czk51

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:09 PM

The next update has been datamined, looks like

Spoiler

#1513 czk51

czk51

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

^^ woot just noticed  that was my 2000th post. I'm shamelessly using this double post to celebrate. 

edf4a740cc351433fc01fe34d79dc565.jpg

#1514 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10798 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

Grats CZK, shameless double post is the best way to celebrate a post number milestone :)

#1515 MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan
  • Steam ID:Monkeyman_707
  • PSN:Monkeyman_707
  • Xbox Live:MonkeyManRacing

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:32 PM

Pokemon go is an awesome game for exploring new towns. I don't play anymore unless I'm somewhere unfamiliar in which situations it is awesome. I guess that is kinda the inspiration for the game in the first place but yeah I find it cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users