• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts
  • PSN:BrettzOr

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

Hate to show you this then Sidawg....
Posted Image

November Nascar

Edited by brettz0r, 07 October 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#42 Triumphmad

Triumphmad

triumphmad

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • PSN:Triumphmad

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Cool, a month of Nascar. Thats good news because i love Nascar. I'll start setting up my car now. :ph34r:

#43 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Haha. Nah that Nascar was a joke to see what reaction that I'd get outta Sidawg.... So far, nothing :(

#44 Sidawg2

Sidawg2
  • PSN:sidawg2
  • Xbox Live:sidawg2

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

I saw it.... don't you worry!

So, if I've done my maths right, I pretty much need to beat Brett in every race to get that points gap. Bring it.

#45 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

@Sidawg: I just did a mock up of some results... yeah, providing we both continue doing well - you pretty much have to beat me every race....
I think anything is possible in these 400PP races! I think everyone will be fast this week and getting / staying up front will be a real challenge!

ps- I am thinking that I may change the points system if we do this again...the gap for first - second on points is quite a leap... I think it'l be more fun when things are closer.

#46 Sidawg2

Sidawg2

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

That spin while leading in the second kart race may come back to haunt me I think.

#47 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

That spin may be out to haunt you.... Should be an interesting night.
Ps - Teljam has informed me that I can give away a couple of GT5 Shirts tonight - so make sure you're there!

#48 Kiwi08

Kiwi08
  • Steam ID:Kiwi_Blue
  • PSN:Kiwi161
  • Xbox Live:Everton Kiwi

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Not sure how old the patch is, but I just got hit with one! So if you haven't updated GT5 recently do it quick!

#49 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

@ Kiwi - that came out last and explains what took you so long - Sorry that we did not wait quite long enough for you - if you (or anyone) are in the situation where you are a couple minutes late - send me a PM on PSN to say so and we can hold things up.

Updated the points table with full results / times etc

Tonight brings an end to the first GT5 series run over a few weeks, it was a pleasure racing with everyone and bought out some close, high action, high paced racing!

It was a close battle for the top 2 spots in the championship with me (BrettzOr) bringing it home on the last night, just besting Sidawg. Sadly, we have no organized any main prized for this series but Teljam has some things lined up for a future series that we will be discussing shortly.

I hope everyone had fun and I look forward to doing this all again.

#50 Sidawg2

Sidawg2

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

Yeah was fun. 2nd in each race wasn't bad, I think if you added the losing margins together it would've been about 2 seconds in total over the three races haha, fifa getting me by 0.004 was an all too common feeling!

#51 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

I've added the winning margins to the results table... You were a few seconds behind in the first race as you got a penalty on the last corner :( It would have been under a second total for all 3 races I bet!
-Plus you went hard on the 2nd race and caught up heaps on that last lap! I though you might of had me on the strait but you must have been just out of the slipstream!

The 400PP Races are usaly quite good, plus having 7 of us tonight made it a bit more fun.
I wish they added rolling starts for normal races: would make things a bit fairer off the start grid too?

#52 Kiwi08

Kiwi08
  • Steam ID:Kiwi_Blue
  • PSN:Kiwi161
  • Xbox Live:Everton Kiwi

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

@ Kiwi - that came out last and explains what took you so long - Sorry that we did not wait quite long enough for you - if you (or anyone) are in the situation where you are a couple minutes late - send me a PM on PSN to say so and we can hold things up.

The problem is, when you are updating a game you can't PM. I should have checked I was up to date sooner though!

#53 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

@ Sidawg: you weren't the only one who had close finishes... I think it did happen to you the most though:

Tsukuba: Brett beats Sidawg by 0.074
Posted Image

Deep Forest: Sidawg beats Shaun by 0.966
Posted Image

Daytona: Brett beats triumph by 0.029
Posted Image

Indy: Brett beats fifa by 0.082 (invisible) and triumph by 0.128
Posted Image

Sazuka: Brett beats Sidawg by 0.646
Posted Image

And the closest of them all: Rome: fifa beats Sidawg by 0.004
Posted Image

#54 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Plus a bonus photo for the sake of a bonus photo: im-666 and I having a drift session on Cote D-Azur
Posted Image

Plus @ Kiwi: Yeah forgot about that: I would of paid more attention to you if I wasn't having problems of my own (I had gotten DC'd twice during the 30 minute qualifying session - I think it was because my fiancee turned her laptop on - once she turned off the wifi - I did not have a problem) and we had already delayed the start of the race because of that.
To say sorry, we can send out a GT5 tshirt your way if you changed your mind about them :)

-ps for no reason at all I thought I'd ask: Would anyone watch replays of these if I bought an HD PVR and uploaded them to youtube? I ask because I am sure that it would take a it of time (plus $250 for the PVR unit) to do this sort of thing and I wouldn't want to do it if no one bothered watching it....

#55 Sidawg2

Sidawg2

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

Yep would be cool to see, also if you do GT Academy in January you could upload stuff. Not only that but you could upload other games you play too. Whether its worth 250 I dunno. Also you need a decent comp to do video editing?

That second race annoyed me, I was catching ya but made a mistake on the second to last lap, and then on that last lap i only just came up short. 3rd race I knew Fifa would get me, we'd done the same thing the last three laps.

#56 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

I should be getting a Sony I7 laptop sometime soon through work for nothing :)

Yeah I was a little bit gutted when you made that mistake :P Close racing (like laguna) is a lot more fun and we were pretty even - so with each others draft - it still would have been anyones race.

I dont think i'll bother with GT acadamy :(
I had a look into it a couple weeks ago and I read that you win a prize to go and watch a 24 hr race and thats it (I would prefer to enter the one where you become a real racecar driver). Plus the finals are on around the same time my partner is due...

Maybe next time :)

#57 Sidawg2

Sidawg2

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

Well you get driving experience at Silverstone too, that's gotta be worth it.

Gonna breed the next Gran Turismo champ huh ;)

#58 teljam

teljam

Community Host

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 1585 posts
  • Steam ID:Teljam
  • PSN:Teljam
  • Xbox Live:Teljam

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

Geez guys - What a fantastic race series!

Big kudos to Brettzor for arranging the whole thing - In fact due to his ongoing efforts in the GT5 community, he is now an Ambassador for NZGamer, and is specifically charged with managing the GT5 community - We're currently discussing ongoing support for the GT5 community, and things are looking good.

Personally I'm looking forward to racing with you guys again soon.

Also - For Sidawg2's efforts in the series, he wins a copy of Twisted Metal - Well done to you dude!

...and finally well done to all of you guys - I'll looking forward to working with Brettz0r to provide ongoing support to keep up, and even grow, the awesome GT5 community that you are!

#59 oh2bme

oh2bme

Average

• Members
  • 2620 posts
  • PSN:oh2bme
  • Xbox Live:SwimmingEmu3894

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

That was an awesome series the closeness of all the races and quality of drivers is unprecedented on any online community I've ever been involved in. Kudos to Brettz and all the regular GT racers was a pleasure.

#60 brettz0r

brettz0r

Gamer / Event Host

• Gaming Night Host
  • 2342 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

@Si. I would totally go for it but the dates just wont work plus I'd have to buy another copy of a game that I already have 2-3 copy's of :/
Plus - I think you'd really hate me when I take the competition off you by 0.0001 :P

Haha. Hopefully breed a champion of some sorts. One day I hope to get into speedway racing. Start with midgets then move to sprintcars. Just need me a whole lot of funds first: anyone feel like sponsoring me?

@ Teljam. Cheers for adding your bit there. Thanks for the support and I too look forward to working with ya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users