#1 fifamessi

fifamessi

"fifamessi is why I come to NZGamer" - Emz 2013

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 7019 posts
  • PSN:fifamessi

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

Thought I should make this, I hope it doesnt end up just me posting here though that might happen, but I don't mind. :)

Just general football discussions, goals, transfers, etc

New season starting in a couple of weeks :D

#2 StickyFox

StickyFox

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

Did you see Ibra and Silva's move to PSG. Rediculous what money does to football these days...

#3 fifamessi

fifamessi

• Tester
  • 7019 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

^ :lol: yep. Silva less than 2 weeks ago signed 5 year extension with Milan..Only to get sold literally days later

#4 StickyFox

StickyFox

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

Yeah, PSG now building a superteam it would seem. Who do you think will win the BPL next season? I'm an Arsenal fan, but to be realistic, I expect Man City or Chelsea to do it.

#5 Kiwi08

Kiwi08
  • Steam ID:Kiwi_Blue
  • PSN:Kiwi161
  • Xbox Live:Everton Kiwi

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

Does anyone know much about this Oscar fella that Chelsea have apparently signed? Do you think he will cut it in the BPL?

#6 StickyFox

StickyFox

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

Guys really quality from what I have heard and seen (youtube). Reminds me a bit of a young Cesc Fabregas. I think he'll be a star.

#7 fifamessi

fifamessi

• Tester
  • 7019 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

Yeah, PSG now building a superteam it would seem. Who do you think will win the BPL next season? I'm an Arsenal fan, but to be realistic, I expect Man City or Chelsea to do it.

Lavezzi, Ibra and Thiago Silva are 3 damn good signings in just a couple weeks, will be cool to see how they do in the CL.

Unfortanely for you Arsenal I don't think will stand a chance to win it, 4th place seems realistic though. Man City, Chelsea and United will be battling it out most likely, with City or Chelsea winning in the end. Cant really guess now, transfer window open for another 45 days or so, maybe Tottenham will get Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. :P

Does anyone know much about this Oscar fella that Chelsea have apparently signed? Do you think he will cut it in the BPL?

Dont know much about him except that he is one of the best brazilian youngsters. Only seen him play once, against Argentina in that friendly where Messi got the hattrick. He was one of the best players on the field, but hard to tell after 1 game. He is going to the Olympics though, so is Neymar, will be hilarious to see them go up against the All Whites..(especially because Olympics is u23 only + 3 senior players) Some Auckland City players going too..lol Auckland City players vs literally some of the best in the world.

#8 StickyFox

StickyFox

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

Lavezzi, Ibra and Thiago Silva are 3 damn good signings in just a couple weeks, will be cool to see how they do in the CL.

Unfortanely for you Arsenal I don't think will stand a chance to win it, 4th place seems realistic though. Man City, Chelsea and United will be battling it out most likely, with City or Chelsea winning in the end. Cant really guess now, transfer window open for another 45 days or so, maybe Tottenham will get Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. :P

Dont know much about him except that he is one of the best brazilian youngsters. Only seen him play once, against Argentina in that friendly where Messi got the hattrick. He was one of the best players on the field, but hard to tell after 1 game. He is going to the Olympics though, so is Neymar, will be hilarious to see them go up against the All Whites..(especially because Olympics is u23 only + 3 senior players) Some Auckland City players going too..lol Auckland City players vs literally some of the best in the world.

If RVP leaves, which I assume he will, then 4th is about as good as it's going to get. And knowing them, they won't even buy anyone as a replacement, they'll just pin that on Giroud. That said, I really hope they do sign some more quality players, they surely need them. Doesn't help that Chelsea are trying to nab practically all the young creative talent there is out there.

Brazil are going to slaughter the All Whites, should be good. Favour Spain to win it though, as usual.

#9 beanyrowley

beanyrowley
  • PSN:beanyrowley

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

No one has posted in a while..... Whats happening to Liverpool this season!

#10 fifamessi

fifamessi

• Tester
  • 7019 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

No one has posted in a while..... Whats happening to Liverpool this season!

Not sure but imo they are playing really well and just can't seem to put the ball into the net. Some very unlucky moments for them in these first couple games. But I think their season will turn around once Suarez and Borini start finishing chances.

Chelsea won 6-0 today vs Wolves in the League Cup lol. Man City lost at home to Aston Villa.

#11 PeanutButterCup

PeanutButterCup
  • PSN:El_indian

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

Suso, Allen & Sahin da Gawds.

(Yeah that's my VP Suso showing what he can do - the next Iniesta!)

Edited by PeanutButterCup, 30 September 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#12 Deanology

Deanology
  • PSN:Yes

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

I didn't know this thread existed.

I like Suso, he is a talent, but i hear he may have a ego (being the reason he hasn't been given a chance earlier).
But i'm not 100% on that, i just hope he improves, and stays at liverpool, because he looks like a future star
Allen is the man, signing of the season for us, easily.

Sahin is getting up to speed, and fitness (should be starting more matches now, and will be interesting to see whether his form can continue... Which may lead to the.. - shall we extend his stay at Anfield, activate the buy-out clause in his contract).

Edited by Deanology, 01 October 2012 - 09:54 AM.

#13 fifamessi

fifamessi

• Tester
  • 7019 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

Suso is great, awesome talent and looking forward to seeing more. Sterling is quite the player too, only 17 lol.

#14 PeanutButterCup

PeanutButterCup

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

Comrov I had no idea you were a Liverpool fan!

Yeah I do remember Suso tweeting a while ago after being frustrated he didn't make the squad. However I didn't think he has an ego, he's just a regular naive 18 year old.

Have you guys seen the vid where Rodgers singles out Sterling for being a smart ass after a training session? It's hilarious and awesome at the same time. Sterling's face is priceless:

(damn vid got removed - it's from the "Being Liverpool" doco.).

#15 PeanutButterCup

PeanutButterCup

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

Anyway here is the Gawd Rodgers in the greatest press conference I've seen:

#16 Deanology

Deanology

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Comrov I had no idea you were a Liverpool fan!

Yeah I do remember Suso tweeting a while ago after being frustrated he didn't make the squad. However I didn't think he has an ego, he's just a regular naive 18 year old.

Have you guys seen the vid where Rodgers singles out Sterling for being a smart ass after a training session? It's hilarious and awesome at the same time. Sterling's face is priceless:

(damn vid got removed - it's from the "Being Liverpool" doco.).

Yea man, most likely just youthful naivety, than ego. That may come in time (Hopefully not).
Yes, i've seen the first few episodes of the doco.
He gives the boy a bit of a reaming. Its good though, teach him his place.

I thought it would've been relatively obvious indy, haha

Edited by Deanology, 01 October 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#17 fifamessi

fifamessi

• Tester
  • 7019 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

I thought it would've been relatively obvious indy, haha

How would he guess? You only have Lucas Leiva wearing a liverpool kit as your avatar and you have Liverpool the word and the badge in your sig. :P

You guys see this goal from the other day? :

Or this one from today?

#18 Deanology

Deanology

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Those are two insane goals.
The first is boss'er.. haha

See Suarez 2nd goal against Norwich? So win.
Dispossess the defender, meg him, then smash the ball with the outside of your boot into the goal.

Edited by Deanology, 01 October 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#19 fifamessi

fifamessi

• Tester
  • 7019 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

Those are two insane goals.
The first is boss'er.. haha

See Suarez 2nd goal against Norwich? So win.
Dispossess the defender, meg him, then smash the ball with the outside of your boot into the goal.

Yep, he scored a hat trick vs them last season too. :lol:

This hat trick was better though, all nice goals.

edit
Also about Barca this season, 4 times we have been behind only to come back and win in the last 10 minutes. Would suck to be a Madridista and see that every time lol.

#20 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6651 posts
  • Steam ID:AudaciousGnome
  • PSN:AudaciousGnome

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Suarez is boss. That is all :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Soccer, Football, Futbol, EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, international, friendly, world cup, global, football, soccer, scores, result

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users