• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • PSN:fauzman

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

Sony Europe reveals PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection list

By Wesley Yin-Poole Published 5 June, 2012

Announces PlayStation Plus Presents.

UPDATE: Sony has confirmed that you can play games downloaded under the new PS Plus scheme for as long as you subscribe.
"That aspect is the same as before - the dates for availability are regarding your initial download of the game - the same as now," Sony's Ross McGrath explained.
"If you make sure that you go and opt to download a game before it exists Plus, then you can download it and keep playing it for as long as you're a subscriber. Likewise, if you are running short of space, you can delete it from your hard drive and retrieve it from your download list at ANY time - but you have to keep your subscription active."
UPDATE: Sony Europe has confirmed its version of the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection list announced last night during its E3 press conference.
From Wednesday 6th June European PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to download and play 10 games up front as part of the new PlayStation Plus offering.
From next month, three of those games will change, and you'll get at least three games per month thereafter. Sony stressed that whenever you join Plus there will be a minimum of 10 games for you to start playing right away. Also, there will be a PlayStation Plus Game of the Month, which will be changed every four weeks. The game of the Month for June is Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown.
The list of six games to start the overhaul off (as each pair of titles is replaced, the next pair will remain for 12 weeks):

• Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.
  • Chime Super Deluxe.
  • Darksiders.
  • Renegade Ops.
  • Outland.
  • Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD.
In addition, for the next 52 weeks, whenever you join PlayStation Plus, you can download and play the following three games for as long as you subscribe:
  • inFamous 2.
  • Motorstorm Apocalypse.
  • LittleBigPlanet 2.
That makes for a total of 10 games,
Meanwhile, Sony announced a European exclusive initiative, called PlayStation Plus Presents, which offers an indie game for free.
"We'll be searching for the very best independently developed titles for PlayStation 3 right now and in the future - those games that really stand out we'll hand pick for our Plus subscribers," Sony's Ross McGrath said.
"Each PlayStation Plus Presents game will be available to download in Plus at no extra cost for eight weeks from the moment it launches on the Store, meaning that as well as blockbuster titles, as a Plus subscriber you'll be able to play the very best of indie too."
The first PlayStation Plus Presents game is arcade shooter Retro/Grade, which launches later this summer.
All of this is on top of the existing PlayStation Plus offer, which includes discounts and exclusive access. Plus costs £39.99 / €49.99 for a one-year subscription or £11.99 / €14.99 for a 90-day subscription.
McGrath pre-empted complaints from European subscribers who will have noticed that their US counterparts get 12 games while they get 10.
"It's true, SCEA get two more games than SCEE subscribers up front," he admitted. "However, most titles in SCEA Plus will stick around for 16 weeks before being refreshed - in SCEE we keep games for a maximum of 12 weeks, which means we rotate through more games in a full year - in fact we are committed to delivering over 45 games to you as part of your subscription before June 2013, and that's before we factor in any extra minis or PS one titles that might show up. Additionally, any PlayStation Plus Presents games will be extra to the standard game rotation."
The whole point of the Plus overhaul, Sony said, was to offer top tier digital Blu-ray games, or, as McGrath describes then, "the absolute best games available on the PSN Store".
"I cannot guarantee that you won't be offered a game that has been discounted before but there will be more than enough brand new titles and games that have never been in Plus to provide you an astonishing amount of value, even if you purchased all of those discounted games previously. What we won't do is ever offer something that's been included as a 100 per cent discount title before unless it's a true 'second-chance' offer - that means it doesn't count towards your total."
http://www.eurogamer...collection-list
This deal isnt online yet (probably as its still tuesday in rest of europe) but it should hopefully be here by tomorrow. Sadly for me, my broadband wont be enough to download all of these games... not even if I temporarily double my broadband.....Ouch. Still its a pretty sweet deal.

#2 twisterjamz

twisterjamz

Saitama

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5141 posts
  • Steam ID:twisterjamz
  • PSN:twisterjamzz

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

Sony has confirmed that you can play games downloaded under the new PS Plus scheme for as long as you subscribe.

even though they have all those games coming out for free I probably won't subscribe, as long as the above still applies I will most likely never subscribe to PS Plus unless it becomes really cheap for a subscription

#3 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• Tester
  • 19913 posts
  • PSN:Nimrod76

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

They will never give you access to free games if you stop subscribing. I don't understand the issue with the set up the way it is. My sub has expired and I'm gutted but I'm not pissed because I can't play the "freebies" any more I'm gutted because I can't afford to start my sub again.

Not having access is an incentive to keep people subscribing, it's not like you paying for the games, your paying for the other services it provides plus the ability to play the games they put up for you. Haven't worked it out properly but there is over $200 worth of games in that list that more than covers your sub.

I thought it was good enough anyway with this lot added in it's a flipping great deal.

#4 fauzman

fauzman

fauzman

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

They will never give you access to free games if you stop subscribing. I don't understand the issue with the set up the way it is. My sub has expired and I'm gutted but I'm not pissed because I can't play the "freebies" any more I'm gutted because I can't afford to start my sub again.

Not having access is an incentive to keep people subscribing, it's not like you paying for the games, your paying for the other services it provides plus the ability to play the games they put up for you. Haven't worked it out properly but there is over $200 worth of games in that list that more than covers your sub.

I thought it was good enough anyway with this lot added in it's a flipping great deal.

I agree. If you look at it in terms of money you would be paying $7-8 a month for renting a number of major games as well as a ps/ps2 game and minis games, and discounts and other deals. For me thats pretty damn good value - if you never buy a game in that year and just get psn+ (which is less than you would pay for a brand new game) you will at the least get a ps3, ps/ps2 and a couple of minis every month. AND that was before the above-mentioned change to psn+. Seriously, thats better value than Sky.

#5 KatalystaKaos

KatalystaKaos
  • Steam ID:Katalystactv8
  • PSN:Katalystactv8
  • Xbox Live:KatalystActoV8

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

Its damn good value, sh*t I spend 3 x a week on coffees what my PSN+ costs me for the same amount of time, and their gone forever after 10 mins, I'll be playing MS Apoclypse alone for months too come. ANyone who says it's bad value should redo their sums.

#6 birdman

birdman

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4064 posts
  • PSN:quackdog

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

Sony Europe reveals PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection list

By Wesley Yin-Poole Published 5 June, 2012

Announces PlayStation Plus Presents.

UPDATE: Sony has confirmed that you can play games downloaded under the new PS Plus scheme for as long as you subscribe.
"That aspect is the same as before - the dates for availability are regarding your initial download of the game - the same as now," Sony's Ross McGrath explained.
"If you make sure that you go and opt to download a game before it exists Plus, then you can download it and keep playing it for as long as you're a subscriber. Likewise, if you are running short of space, you can delete it from your hard drive and retrieve it from your download list at ANY time - but you have to keep your subscription active."
UPDATE: Sony Europe has confirmed its version of the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection list announced last night during its E3 press conference.
From Wednesday 6th June European PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to download and play 10 games up front as part of the new PlayStation Plus offering.
From next month, three of those games will change, and you'll get at least three games per month thereafter. Sony stressed that whenever you join Plus there will be a minimum of 10 games for you to start playing right away. Also, there will be a PlayStation Plus Game of the Month, which will be changed every four weeks. The game of the Month for June is Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown.
The list of six games to start the overhaul off (as each pair of titles is replaced, the next pair will remain for 12 weeks):

• Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.
  • Chime Super Deluxe.
  • Darksiders.
  • Renegade Ops.
  • Outland.
  • Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD.
In addition, for the next 52 weeks, whenever you join PlayStation Plus, you can download and play the following three games for as long as you subscribe:
  • inFamous 2.
  • Motorstorm Apocalypse.
  • LittleBigPlanet 2.
That makes for a total of 10 games,
Meanwhile, Sony announced a European exclusive initiative, called PlayStation Plus Presents, which offers an indie game for free.
"We'll be searching for the very best independently developed titles for PlayStation 3 right now and in the future - those games that really stand out we'll hand pick for our Plus subscribers," Sony's Ross McGrath said.
"Each PlayStation Plus Presents game will be available to download in Plus at no extra cost for eight weeks from the moment it launches on the Store, meaning that as well as blockbuster titles, as a Plus subscriber you'll be able to play the very best of indie too."
The first PlayStation Plus Presents game is arcade shooter Retro/Grade, which launches later this summer.
All of this is on top of the existing PlayStation Plus offer, which includes discounts and exclusive access. Plus costs £39.99 / €49.99 for a one-year subscription or £11.99 / €14.99 for a 90-day subscription.
McGrath pre-empted complaints from European subscribers who will have noticed that their US counterparts get 12 games while they get 10.
"It's true, SCEA get two more games than SCEE subscribers up front," he admitted. "However, most titles in SCEA Plus will stick around for 16 weeks before being refreshed - in SCEE we keep games for a maximum of 12 weeks, which means we rotate through more games in a full year - in fact we are committed to delivering over 45 games to you as part of your subscription before June 2013, and that's before we factor in any extra minis or PS one titles that might show up. Additionally, any PlayStation Plus Presents games will be extra to the standard game rotation."
The whole point of the Plus overhaul, Sony said, was to offer top tier digital Blu-ray games, or, as McGrath describes then, "the absolute best games available on the PSN Store".
"I cannot guarantee that you won't be offered a game that has been discounted before but there will be more than enough brand new titles and games that have never been in Plus to provide you an astonishing amount of value, even if you purchased all of those discounted games previously. What we won't do is ever offer something that's been included as a 100 per cent discount title before unless it's a true 'second-chance' offer - that means it doesn't count towards your total."
http://www.eurogamer...collection-list
This deal isnt online yet (probably as its still tuesday in rest of europe) but it should hopefully be here by tomorrow. Sadly for me, my broadband wont be enough to download all of these games... not even if I temporarily double my broadband.....Ouch. Still its a pretty sweet deal.

Can I haz more data cap? Currently downloading all 9 titles on your list plus Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown :blink:

#7 chinaman71

chinaman71

[NZGR] Nomnomnom...

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 2648 posts
  • Steam ID:NZRDT1
  • PSN:RDT1
  • Wii:RDTNZL
  • Xbox Live:George Bush Jr

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

For anyone whos interested.....

Download size for each game:

1955MB - Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
5224MB - Warhammer 40000 Space Marine
3248MB - Oddworld Strangers Wrath HD
5865MB - LittleBigPlanet 2
189MB - Chime Super Deluxe
2592MB - Renegade Ops
10GB - Darksiders
6791MB - Motorstorm Apocalypse
15GB - Infamous 2

Total: 50864MB or 50.864GB

So turn off automatic updates if you wanna save cap ! and chuck them all on DL then pause.

#8 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• Tester
  • 19913 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

Jeeesus! I suppose there are plans out now that would cover that pretty easily. There are only 2 games on there I haven't owned at some stage, wouldn't mind getting Darksiders again and finally getting the plat and MS Apocalypse is a freaking good game.

#9 fifamessi

fifamessi

"fifamessi is why I come to NZGamer" - Emz 2013

• Tester
  • 7019 posts
  • PSN:fifamessi

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

Hell yeah !

Downloaded:

1955MB - Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
189MB - Chime Super Deluxe
6791MB - Motorstorm Apocalypse

Going to wait until cap resets to get Darksiders and Oddworld Strangers Wrath. I have Infamous 2 and LBP 2, and not really that interested in the other ones(renegade ops and warhammer)

Awesome deal though, glad I got ps+ :D Just wish I had a 500gb cap or something lol.

#10 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• Tester
  • 19913 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

Renegade ops is good fun Fifi you should try it, it's free after all.

#11 mrblobby666

mrblobby666
  • PSN:mrblobby666

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

If I had the money I'd so be getting plus right now. Really want to play Oddworld:Strangers Wrath haha, never played any of the games in the Oddworld series other than Abe's Oddysee.

#12 Sidawg2

Sidawg2
  • PSN:sidawg2
  • Xbox Live:sidawg2

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

After my 15GB inFamous 2 download finished, I'm quite enjoying it. There's something addictive about it.

Thank god Telecom doubled my cap, not actually sure when they did it but having 80GB now makes making 15GB downloads a little easier.

#13 fifamessi

fifamessi

• Tester
  • 7019 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

Renegade ops is good fun Fifi you should try it, it's free after all.

I watched some youtube gameplay vids, looked kinda lame. 2.6gb aswell. My cap resets on the 12th so I'll see if I can fit oddworld and renegade ops in before that happens.

#14 TMACK

TMACK
  • PSN:IItmackII

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

Could have some good game nights with motorstorm apocalypse if enough people get it and are intrested. Ill probably grab psn+ in the next couple of weeks

#15 fifamessi

fifamessi

• Tester
  • 7019 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

Took so long to Download then install Motorstorm haha. 7gb. Took about 5 hours to DL, and nearly an hour to install.

#16 fauzman

fauzman

fauzman

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

I've DL'ed all the above games except (which I have had before). Had to go 27Gb over my limit of 20 Gb to do it but it was worth it. As a bonus, Vodafone doubled my data for free because of this. Sweet.

#17 fifamessi

fifamessi

• Tester
  • 7019 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

So far, I have been reallllly enjoying Oddworld: Strangers Wrath and Motorstorm Apocolypse.

Renegade Ops and Virtua fighter V are alright.

LBP 2 and Infamous 2 I already have on disc.

Chime game sucked.

Haven't downloaded Darksiders or Warhammer.

#18 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• Tester
  • 19913 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

You haven't downloaded Darksiders! I know you're special Fifi but geez dude, really.

#19 fifamessi

fifamessi

• Tester
  • 7019 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

You haven't downloaded Darksiders! I know you're special Fifi but geez dude, really.

Can I haz 10gb plz ?

#20 nimrod76

nimrod76

Arse Hat

• Tester
  • 19913 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

Can I haz 10gb plz ?

Sure, here ya go.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: playstation, plus, network

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users