9 replies to this topic

#1 Wozza

Wozza

On The Line

• Members
  • 5683 posts
  • Xbox Live:Wozza NZGamer

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

On the lookout for quality games for my ipod at the moment since that seems to be my system of choice at the moment (sad - but it's handy).

What have I been playing?

Angry Birds Space - Ok start with the obvious one. Angry Birds + Super Mario Galaxy = Pretty decent and good to pull out when waiting to be served at BK or whatever...

Game Dev Story - Simple, but kept me entertained for probably a good 5 hours. Very simple, easy to whip out and have a quick bash on. Impossible to put down. Gotta sell more games than last time arrrghhh...

Been really sick today so started Epic Astro Story. A lot more involved and every bit as cute as game dev story. Think Sim City meets Phantasy Star with more stats. Very cool.

#2 Time

Time
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

iOS* :P

Haven't had my iPod Touch for awhile otherwise I would recommend some games.

#3 Wozza

Wozza

On The Line

• Members
  • 5683 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

*Fixed, blame that mistake on being sick. ;)

#4 Mongrel_Rob

Mongrel_Rob

I am the one who knocks

• 3856 posts
  • PSN:Aviatora
  • Xbox Live:Aviatora

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

I've been wanting to try Epic Astro Story for a while. I really need to top up my iTunes account :P

You're into your shmups, aren't you Woz? Some of the best games on iOS are Cave's Dodonpachi Resurrection and Espgaluda II. Other good shmups are Danmaku Unlimited, and Phoenix HD.
My other favourite iOS games are Tilt To Live, Carcassonne, Knight's Rush, Jetpack Joyride (which is free, last I heard), Pix'n'Love Rush, Monsters Ate My Condo.
Dead Space works really well on iOS, as does GTA3 surprisingly. I'd also recommend Anomaly: Warzone, First Touch Soccer (the best soccer game), and NBA Jam.
If you want something epic, try out Galaxy On Fire 2 (space sim) or Aralon HD (a third-person RPG).

#5 Wozza

Wozza

On The Line

• Members
  • 5683 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

Completed Epic Atstro Story twice now, very neat little game. Loved it, but will be a while before it gets another play through. Very happy with my purchase.

Rob, good to see you are still a legend! Been making my way through your list and Dodonpachi is my favorite so far. Have purchased the full game, who knew bullet hell could work on an ipod?

Also grabbed i-1945 which is free. I love the 'Strikers' series.

#6 Mongrel_Rob

Mongrel_Rob

I am the one who knocks

• 3856 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

I just added credit to my iTunes, so I bought Angry Birds Space and Final Freeway 2R, which is an excellent homage to Sega's classic OutRun. You can get the first one for free, but the sequel's definitely better.

#7 impreza50

impreza50
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

If you want an awesome console quality action game you can't go past shadowgun, basically a gears of war ripoff. Asphalt 6 is a awesome arcade racer.

#8 Wozza

Wozza

On The Line

• Members
  • 5683 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

Loving tilt to live and Jetpack Joyride at the moment.

#9 Mongrel_Rob

Mongrel_Rob

I am the one who knocks

• 3856 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

What mode are you playing in Tilt To Live, Woz? I pretty much only play Code Red ; Classic mode's too painfully slow to play when you get used to Code Red.

#10 Wozza

Wozza

On The Line

• Members
  • 5683 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

All of them ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users