5 replies to this topic

#1 citysoldier

citysoldier
  • Members
  • 1033 posts
  • Steam ID:Citysoldier01
  • PSN:Citysoldier

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

Just thought I'd post this for those that dont have the game. Some time this week on the psn (dont care if its not called that anymore) you will be able to d/l killzone 3 multiplayer. Its f2p as in free to d/l. At work so dont have time to give you a source for this. If its US only then you might have to make/use a US account

#2 Vicx

Vicx

PSN: supvic

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • PSN:supvic

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

straight from the horse's mouth: http://www.killzone....kz3-multiplayer

I think I'll probably get it even though I'll only play it casually. At $15usd (about $18nzd) for a AAA title you can keep on your HDD and fire up for a quick game every once in a while without mucking around with discs is a pretty good deal. You might think, might as well buy the game 2nd hand for about $20, but the kicker is this downloadable version includes ALL the DLC which is 3 bundles of 2-4 maps each (including Salamun Market :D). Not a bad deal at all.

If you're new to KZ3 you might as well give it a go anyway, level cap seems pretty high.

btw, MAG also lets you download the entire game and play for free, with the only catch being you're capped at level 8.

#3 Kegz

Kegz

Professional Learnsmith

• Tester
  • 7942 posts
  • Steam ID:kegzzz
  • PSN:kegzzz

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

So if it'd work out at about $24 then for us to pay for it after the trial (where I looked it said 15 Euro/Pounds). Considering you can get the game new for $33 on NZGame that's actually pretty good. I mean if the level cap is as decent as you say then it's a pretty good trial run.
Then like you say, it depends on whether you want to grab the SP as well or pay for the MP with the DLC.

You should consider passing that information along to gee_force1 Vicx. Maybe set it up as the game for next thursday night?

#4 Vicx

Vicx

• Members
  • 1146 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

I always check the / prices on the EU blog but they're never a direct conversion, they'll always jack it up a bit more for us because they know us kiwis are oblivious.

It's up on the US store now for $15usd, but our store is usually updated on thursdays. Won't know til tomorrow how much they'll charge us. It's a 4gb download.

If you are planning on purchasing, you should do so by friday because you'll get 24 hrs of 2XP, but there's also a 2XP weekend starting the 3rd (4th for us, so probably starting sunday?) for everyone, so you might lose your purchased 2XP as it'll overlap the 2XP weekend. They haven't mentioned that so I can't be sure.

#5 nguns

nguns
  • Members
  • 668 posts
  • PSN:nguns

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

$15 for Full KZ3 MP for PSN+ users, stoked.

$30 for regular which is a rip because you can buy it cheaper on Trademe for a full retail copy -_-

#6 Vicx

Vicx

• Members
  • 1146 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

or $18nz from US store. Includes all the DLC too and it loads off the HDD which is faster and more convenient. Feels a bit too much like CoD so can't play for more than an hour or 2 before it starts getting repetitive. At least it's cheap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users