Filthy Casual Console Peasant

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1397 posts
  • Steam ID:SpawnSeekSlay
  • PSN:SpawnSeekSlay

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:57 AM

You were saying?
Donovan is trash. Admits in the post conference he should of played Kanter more, which yeah damn right he should of, and McDermott was hot and still Donovan brought him off and should have given him far more minutes.
Then having guys on like singler and sabonis is near suicide and only done if you're giving up.
Then the 4th.. letting Westbrook and the offense going back to Hero ball is just so dumb . He's way too inconsistent and it's stupid the game rests on what 1 man can do. They have no offensive plays down the stretch at all.
Adams getting some major stick from the US media pisses me off too. They guy is just a dog to Westbrook, his entire role is to box out for Westbrook to rebound, to screen for Westbrook, be aggressive on the offensive glass, and try and alter shots in the paint. Dude would easily be a 10-15point & 10reb double double guy every game on another team that plays like a team.
I was hoping Donovan coming in we would move away from the hero ball of WB and KD under brooks, and we started the season so well playing far more team ball, but as the season went on and Westbrooke stats and achievements and hero ball took over
Ok thats my rant.
In saying that i know Houston is an awful match up for us, like GSW too. We would have gone far better against the Spurs, Jazz or Clips. I was hoping we could the the 5 seed, had it near the end with about 10 games to go but blew alot of games to sub 500 teams.

Enjoying Washington though and hope to see them go far.
Trailblazers and Celtics I think are done. Celtics again are like OKC but just have better starting pieces, never saw them getting far but thought they'd get to at least the second round though. Seems a tough matchup for them esp with Wade back and Rondo playing well.

#1102 that_black_guy

that_black_guy
  • PSN:that_black_guy

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

I rate Donovan. Hero balls always been an issue in OKC... even when they had a coach of the year. I dont rate the OKC roster though. They've overacheived but I still think they wont go out without a fight.

And I really dont care what happens in the east... because we all know there's only one contender in that conference and all the rest just make up the numbers

#1103 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6651 posts
  • Steam ID:AudaciousGnome
  • PSN:AudaciousGnome

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:11 AM

Trailblazers and Celtics I think are done. Celtics again are like OKC but just have better starting pieces, never saw them getting far but thought they'd get to at least the second round though. Seems a tough matchup for them esp with Wade back and Rondo playing well.

Wizards are definite dark horses to go on a deep playoff run. Their starters are a tough match for anyone. Wall is beasting atm and Beal can turn it on late when needed. 

Celtics look like they have given up. Stevens is 2-10 in the playoffs....I kinda want them to go out in now. It will force them to hopefully use their stockpile of assets and actually give Isiah some legitimate help. They have players who would make a great supporting cast but lack a least one genuine star player. 

#1104 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

• Members
  • 1397 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

Watched OKC Live game 3 , and thought Donovan did a faaar better job of his rotations and the combos he had on the floor. Some dumb fouls though from Oladipo on Harden at the 3, and some phantom ones from the refs didnt help. Still cant fathom how we shot the lights out and Houston had an off night and we still scraped through.

Havent seen Game 4 yet. But looks like the Starters did well but their Bench destroyed ours.

Reading up sounds like Roberson went 2/12 from the FT line lol and Donovan kept him out there when he was getting intentionally fouled. Ppl calling for Donovans head again lol. They certainly do need a 3 & D guy who can shoot FTs in the SF or SG position to replace Andre, he maybe a decent perimeter defender but is a liability,  cant have a guy like that shooting 2/12 for the FT line, dont think even Shaq or Dwight would have been that bad?

Might just watch the Condensed version tonight after work and kids are in bed.

Wizards are definite dark horses to go on a deep playoff run. Their starters are a tough match for anyone. Wall is beasting atm and Beal can turn it on late when needed. 

Celtics look like they have given up. Stevens is 2-10 in the playoffs....I kinda want them to go out in now. It will force them to hopefully use their stockpile of assets and actually give Isiah some legitimate help. They have players who would make a great supporting cast but lack a least one genuine star player. 

Yeah I expect Boston to go for Blake and/or Melo in the off season.

Edited by SpawnSeekSlay, 24 April 2017 - 01:54 PM.

#1105 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6651 posts
  • Steam ID:AudaciousGnome
  • PSN:AudaciousGnome

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:45 PM

Yeah I expect Boston to go for Blake and/or Melo in the off season.

Agree on Blake. Think they'll make a big run to get Hayward as well. 

#1106 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

• Members
  • 1397 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:34 PM

oh yeah, Haywood.. forgot about him, yeah with the way he's played this year and in the playoffs he'll be due a big payday with someone.

Will he take a max offer from someone like Utah, or maybe a slight cut from that to join a contender like Boston. I think the latter like most players.... except Melo that is lol

#1107 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

• Members
  • 1397 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:34 AM

Well that's the season done. A bit of an underwhelming finals all round really.

Shame Cavs lost game 3 when they shouldn't have in the final minutes, that would have opened the series up better. Still up against it with the way KD was playing, Wish he was that efficient scoring and had that type of defense last year when OKC was 3-1 up on GSW.

Looks like Philly are trading up hard to get the No1 pic to get Fultz, must have seen something in him at the tryouts if they've made the decision they want him that bad.

Now Celtics are loaded with picks they might be going to mega trade them up to get someone like Jimmy Butler, or apparently Anthony Davis is the new rumour the Celtics may trade for. Doubt Pels will let him go considering they just got Cousins and look to build around both of them.

Looking forward to the NBA Awards show to see how that all looks.

#1108 that_black_guy

that_black_guy

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

Its a bummer that the season ended with those two teams coasting into the finals the way they did. Even more annoying that Silver has no issue with superteams and how he expects other teams to catch up... as if every team can just buy 4 all stars every off season

#1109 Jenesyde

Jenesyde
  • Xbox Live:Jenesyde

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:09 PM

Welp, the Bulls done traded Jimmy Butler.

f***'s sake.

#1110 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

• Members
  • 1397 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:20 PM

Yeah man there are some killer trades going on, and probably more to come.

Timberwolves will be really interesting to watch next year, Basically a big 3 with Jimmy Buckets, Wiggins and Kat. 

If Butler really can improve them defensively, they will definitely be Playoff bound for sure! Could be an exciting team.

As for the Bulls. Yep done, in rebuild now. Be interesting to see what they do with Wade and Rondo or what those guys decide. Sinking ship that one.

#1111 BigC

BigC
  • PSN:NZBigC

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:40 PM

So the Celtics just traded away Thomas, Jae Crowder AND the Nets first round pick in next years draft (which will definitely be high up there) for Kyrie. I wouldn't say Kyrie is thaaaaat much better than Thomas, so to lose Crowder and that huge first round pick is pretty disappointing.

#1112 that_black_guy

that_black_guy

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

And the celts weren't really in the mix for a potential deal.

I think its a decent deal for the celts. Crowder was always going to be trade bait once Hayward signed. Thomas had a massive season, but Kyrie is still an upgrade (imo) and draft picks always sound great and quite often, they can be. But they're no guarantee... and they dont win games before the draft.

On paper its an awesome deal for the Cavs... but ya just never with that team

#1113 BigC

BigC
  • PSN:NZBigC

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:34 PM

Yeah that's true. I just wonder what they offered for Butler and George, because this seems like a pretty sweet deal for the Cavs.

#1114 Ron

Ron

Just working hard...

• Admin
  • 9120 posts
  • PSN:NZGamer dot com
  • Wii:What's a Wii?
  • Xbox Live:NZGamer dot com

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:07 PM

Pretty smart deal, lebron leaves you've gotten rid of your biggest comp in Boston. I still think that a super star Lakers team in 2018-19 will just explode w/ lebron, PG13 etc.

#1115 Ron

Ron

Just working hard...

• Admin
  • 9120 posts
  • PSN:NZGamer dot com
  • Wii:What's a Wii?
  • Xbox Live:NZGamer dot com

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:25 PM

How good is okc now???

#1116 that_black_guy

that_black_guy

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:58 PM

Worse, I think. Gave up a guy who scores with no plays being called for him for an aging iso player. Amazing on paper, but now they've got 3 alphas... in other words, too many Jordans... not enough Pippens.

I do give props to Presti for being relentless in trying to keep his free agents though

#1117 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

• Members
  • 1397 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:02 AM

My OKC look like a big 3 , but will they play like a big 3? All of them will have to majorly adapt. It'll just go back to the Russ/KD iso ways again but with 3 this time.

I like they dumped Oladipo's contract for Paul George, but not so much Enes's one for Melo - Enes was the only good thing they had in the 2nd unit. Now they have no 2nd unit.

I like the Jordan to Pippen analogy from blackguy, definitely agree to that.

Edited by SpawnSeekSlay, 27 September 2017 - 08:03 AM.

#1118 dwnz

dwnz
  • PSN:dwnz1
  • Xbox Live:dwnz1

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

Looks like LP renews tomorrow for anyone that wants/needs to cancel before autorenewal. I still have no idea if it just auto-renews at the same rate as the previous year or not.

#1119 SpawnSeekSlay

SpawnSeekSlay

• Members
  • 1397 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

Damn Ill be gutted if it pops at the NZ rate. Surely they wouldnt bother figuring all that out and just give it to you from the country you signed up from last?

Just hope India is still a cheap rate (I think thats where I bought it from)

#1120 dwnz

dwnz
  • PSN:dwnz1
  • Xbox Live:dwnz1

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:18 PM

Yeah there really isn't anything tying the account to NZ beyond the IP used to access it, the billing address is still based overseas. I got from Phillipines last year I think so I'll just double-check pricing there tonight and if its still cheap I'll let it auto-renew. I did notice after a quick look that it was $140 NZD from Thailand this year. Might check some more countries this evening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users