Photo

Nba

• Please log in to reply
1137 replies to this topic

#41 that_black_guy

that_black_guy
  • PSN:that_black_guy

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

The Spurs should be a competitive providing they are healthy... but that in itself is a huge if.

The last team I want to win is the Heat, but they can pretty much afford to cruise through the regular season (due to the East being so weak) and then turn it on in the playoffs.

I agree, the Thunder are miles ahead of the other teams in the West right now. But I honestly think their biggest threat in the West right now is the Grizz. They are so gritty and never give up. Not sure if it was more the Grizz and their determination or just the inability of the Warriors to win games, but they looked done and dusted the other night in Golden State, yet they came back from 20 odd down at the start of the 4th... all this without one of, if not their best player (I personally rate Rudy as their best player).

And as exciting as the Wolves may be right now, you're forgetting... it's the Timberwolves. How often do they find a way to ruin something good? They just keep doing it over and over again. Having said that, they did just lock Love down for another 4 years... but he wanted the max 5 year deal, so I'm guessing they're saving that max deal for a certain point guard in a few years

#42 nguns

nguns
  • PSN:nguns

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:08 AM

Bro K love has always put up huge numbers aye.. There was talk of the lakers trying to get Love.. Clearly that didn't come to, but that could have been interesting.

It'll be interesting to see in a month how the standings look, i'd imagine we will start to see ALOT more sitting of players coming up, alot of guys seem to be getting banged up.

#43 that_black_guy

that_black_guy

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

^Nah, Love only really broke out mid-way through last year. When Al Jefferson was there, he got limited minutes. But then they got rid of Al, so Love became a starter (seemed everyone knew what Love was capable of bar Kurt Rambis). It was rumoured Rambis and Love never really saw eye to eye and Rambis would always cut his minutes. But then Love had that 30-30 game and Rambis was pretty much forced to give Love the minutes he deserves.

Wise move on the Wolves behalf to give him the boot and bring in Adelman

#44 nguns

nguns

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

Thought it was early last season?

Feels like forever since that lockout.

Once they get Beasly i think they'll make playoffs (barea too)

Don't see them going far though

#45 nguns

nguns

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

Bummer that Melo is out vs the Heat on ESPN today.. Could have been a good game.

#46 twisterjamz

twisterjamz

Saitama

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5141 posts
  • Steam ID:twisterjamz
  • PSN:twisterjamzz

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:12 AM

Thought it was early last season?

Feels like forever since that lockout.

Once they get Beasly i think they'll make playoffs (barea too)

Don't see them going far though

Yeah it was early last season as remember when he got the consecutive double double record at around 55 consecutive games

#47 that_black_guy

that_black_guy

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

Yea, it was fairly early on in the season. But there was always that little bit of sour grapes between Rambis and Love.

Wolves to make the 8? Really? Bold, bold call. There are 10 teams in the West that are well in the mix and the Wolves aren't one of them. They aren't even at .500 right now and you need to be well over .500 to make it in the West. Also, Beasley was back today, but in all honesty, the best thing the Wolves could do when it comes to him is get rid of him. Kid plays no defence, can't rebound and broke his finger trying to not pass the ball (says alot about his mentality).

Melo not playing today made the game better than it should've been. He's in a massive funk right now. Scored just 1 point vs the cats the other night and his averages in the past few games before that haven't been much better

#48 nguns

nguns

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

Yeah pretty sure he started his streak only a few games in.. He was a beast last season.

I think they have the right pieces too, if beasley plays like he did like the start of last season, was averaging 20+ for a while and was pretty consistant. But you're right about em, Seem to be able to turn something good into sh*t pretty quickly.. I think rubio is the real deal though, I don't know how he has so few turnovers sometimes o_O

Melo for the knicks isn't really a good fit imo. he is all about iso pullup jumpers and the knicks have never really been an iso team like that.. And also. WTF has happened to Amare.. Seems like he isn't even trying anymore.. or was that just Steve Nash making him look good? :P

I think they'll be better without him, like how the Trail Blazers play better without Roy. Great players, just wrong system.

#49 nguns

nguns

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

Bulls just had abit of hard luck. down by 1 and then a random whistle that concluded to a jump ball at half court that james stole, clearly... Should have been a bulls timeout of that but instead they had to go through the process again. Would have been a bit of a mindf***.

Still. they looked good at times, definatley see what you mean about missing Deng though bro, bigtime.

#50 nguns

nguns

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

If the spurs do this right here, wow, possibly the best comeback i've ever seen.. All bench.

#51 nguns

nguns

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

.. heartbreaking... still.. that bench deserves gold stars. huge.

#52 that_black_guy

that_black_guy

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

The Knicks can suffer for all I care.

But Melo is one of the pureset scorers in the league. If he doesn't fit your system, you change your system to fit him. But your right. D'antoni relies on ball movement and Melo does his best work in the iso. However, he's been battling through injuries and is sitting to give himself a chance to recover. I don't really think it's fair to judge him over the past few weeks. But what is noticeable is his defence and rebounding has improved out of sight.

As for Stat, he needs a real point guard right now. His game is almost 100% based on the pick'n'roll. Toney Douglas is an under-sized 2 guard. Shumpert is probably better suited at the 2 for now aswell. I'm not sure if Baron will be the answer, but I definatly expect to see Stats production improve once Baron becomes active. I know the Knicks had to give Felton up to get Melo, but they're really missing him right now

#53 t-wade23

t-wade23
  • PSN:T-WADE23

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

The Knicks can suffer for all I care.

But Melo is one of the pureset scorers in the league. If he doesn't fit your system, you change your system to fit him. But your right. D'antoni relies on ball movement and Melo does his best work in the iso. However, he's been battling through injuries and is sitting to give himself a chance to recover. I don't really think it's fair to judge him over the past few weeks. But what is noticeable is his defence and rebounding has improved out of sight.

As for Stat, he needs a real point guard right now. His game is almost 100% based on the pick'n'roll. Toney Douglas is an under-sized 2 guard. Shumpert is probably better suited at the 2 for now aswell. I'm not sure if Baron will be the answer, but I definatly expect to see Stats production improve once Baron becomes active. I know the Knicks had to give Felton up to get Melo, but they're really missing him right now

Couldnt agree more with this the knicks are just horrible i put them in the same boat as the lakers who are need of a point guard asap. Maybe B-diddy can come back soon and help them out but the guy is quite injury prone surely they cant rely on him. I get the feeling if D-Antoni is still there past this year i say they will pursue Steve Nash when he becomes a free agent next year.

Just watched the Lakers game with the wolves the wolves pushed the lakers hard today but just wasnt enough K-love beasting as usual was surprised to see Beasly acutally rebound today but still dont see him in there plans for the future he is a poor mans version of Melo scores a lot of his points on isos. But as for the wolves makeing the playoffs there a smokey of mine i still think there in need of a effective 2 guard Wes Johnson and Wayne ellington are not the answer and proberly a scoring center that can take some pressure of K-love. But i like where this team is going future is looking bright..

Edited by t-wade23, 30 January 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#54 that_black_guy

that_black_guy

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

^Would you say JJ could be that 2 guard they desperately need? Cos I figured, when they signed him, that he'd be starting within the 1st month... but he's been struggling with injury all season so far.

My 8 in the West would probably be (in no particular order) Spurs, Thunder, Griz, Clips, Mavs, Nuggys, Blazers, Jazz.

Dunno how the Jazz are winning, but they've been my suprise team of the season so far. And unless the Lakers can find a real point guard, I think they're in real trouble. Still, not sure about the Rockets... but jeez it's gunna be tough for the teams in the West that finish 9 and 10. Especially when their record would probably get them a top 6 seed in the East

#55 twisterjamz

twisterjamz

Saitama

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5141 posts
  • Steam ID:twisterjamz
  • PSN:twisterjamzz

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

^Would you say JJ could be that 2 guard they desperately need? Cos I figured, when they signed him, that he'd be starting within the 1st month... but he's been struggling with injury all season so far.

My 8 in the West would probably be (in no particular order) Spurs, Thunder, Griz, Clips, Mavs, Nuggys, Blazers, Jazz.

Dunno how the Jazz are winning, but they've been my suprise team of the season so far. And unless the Lakers can find a real point guard, I think they're in real trouble. Still, not sure about the Rockets... but jeez it's gunna be tough for the teams in the West that finish 9 and 10. Especially when their record would probably get them a top 6 seed in the East

I don't know about Jazz as I think Lakers will probably still make it but they probably wont be near the top maybe 6th or 7th

#56 t-wade23

t-wade23
  • PSN:T-WADE23

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

Nah JJ is penterating combo guard could proberly fill in at the 2 but def not a permanent 2 guard his best role is coming off the bench as a combo guard and provide some scoring off the bench look at the playoff series last year aganist the lakers dude was awesome. They need a guy who can defend the perimeter and be able to provide round 12-15 points a night someone like a jr smith would be a good fit. Cause right now they do need scoring from there perimeter players..

As for my 8 for the west i dont think the Jazz will last the season i think there have a real fortunate schedule so far havnt had some of the rougher schedules that other teams have had they have played alot of games at home so we will see how they fair when they have long extended road trips. Love there front court depth with Big Al, Milsap,Favors,Kanter. I still think the Lakers make the 8 they just need a pg heard some rumours about gilbert arenas close to signing but just dont know how much he has left mind you he was basically a bench player last year with the magic so you cant gauge on how effective he will be but right now ill take anybody Derek Fisher..

My 8 in order

1.Thunder
2.Clippers
3.Spurs
4.Blazers
5.Lakers
6.Mavs
7.Nuggets
8.Rockets

Edited by t-wade23, 30 January 2012 - 09:23 PM.

#57 that_black_guy

that_black_guy

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

Don't reckon Arenas will be a good fit in LA... mind you, I'm not a big Arenas fan (I like his game, not his attitude). Also, I expect Bynum to get injured and if this happens, depending on how longterm it is, it means 1, the Magic probably won't be wanting to deal Howard to LA if they can't get a healthy Bynum in return and 2, LA is stuck with a weak front court aswell since Gasol is in and out of games and guys like Murphy have just been dissapointing.

Totally agree about JJ, but I still think he'd be better starting ahead of Ridinour. Not so sure about JR Smith. Like Arenas, I love the way that guy plays, but he has some serious attitude issues that if he could sort out and develop some consistency, he'd be one of the most exciting players in the league

#58 nguns

nguns

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

Nice win for Wolves today, Rubio is the real deal man, really liking him.. And thats the kind of Beasley i'm talking about, with him playing like he did today (10-14 and 12-12 FT) for 34.

If Gilbert signs with L.A that could be huge, when he's hot, he is just lights out.. But at the other end, when he's not, he is more or less a waste of space. Don't think he is the true PG the lakers need though... I still remember last season he had 1 game where he looked like old Agent Zero. Miss that guy.

I'm expecting to see the Magic make some kind of move soon.. Their offence is just dead right now. I still think they had their best lineup when they had Rashard Lewis, he created so many mismatch problems at times, especially when they slotted him in at the 3.

Good to see the Spurs with the W, bench are playing solid man. bigups to them.

Edited by nguns, 31 January 2012 - 03:57 PM.

#59 that_black_guy

that_black_guy

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

Yea, guys like Danny Green just never cease to suprise me. Always knew Splitter was going to be solid, he just had a rough year last year with injury.

You won't see the old Agent 0 anymore. He's basically got no knees now due to constant surgery and stuff like that. He really was quite unlucky with injury, but it couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke. Much like what happened to Roy, just Roys was a little bit worse and he is the last guy in the league that deserved to be forced to retire well before his time

#60 nguns

nguns

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

Yeah i felt so sh*t for Roy.. Will always remember that hiiiiiiigh arching game winner, stayed up there forever.

I rate OKC, but in the game at the moment they are looking veeeeeeery stale, and getting schooled.. old schooled by L.A.. They are just passing it to KD, if he cant create anything, pass it to Westbrook and hope for a bailout o_O man, billups is crazy, he never ages!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users