• Please log in to reply
785 replies to this topic

#1 nguns

nguns
  • Members
  • 668 posts
  • PSN:nguns

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:40 AM

Any nba or bball fans around here? I freak bball cant wait for boxing day!!

#2 that_black_guy

that_black_guy
  • Members
  • 1237 posts
  • PSN:that_black_guy

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

Yea buddy. I'm NBA mad.

Can't wait for tomorrow even though the game I want to see isn't being aired here until midnight (GSW v LAC).

Who do you go for? I'm a Spurs man through and through... this is no doubt our last chance to win another ring with the big 3. But I don't have much faith in these rookies, aside from Leonards buzzer beater in the preseason game v the Rockets the other day, I can't say I've seen enough to think we're in good hands in the future. However, I do have faith in Pop

#3 nguns

nguns
  • Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

Bro crazy im a spurs man too bro. since the david rob days bro. yeah last year after that season to come up that short is dissapointing to say the least. timmy d is looking really good bro. even slimer. gary neal will blossum i thinl bro. i see him turning into the next reggie/allen aye. crazy to think they chose gary neal over kirk penny for the last spot after training camp last year..

Really excited to see the clippers thouugh aye. no longer the ugly sister of the lakers.. Will be interesting to see what happens with dwight aye.. if lakers can get him damn.. We will see.

Good to see anothrr spurs fan. We are few and far between down here..

#4 twisterjamz

twisterjamz

Lord Of All Gold VIPS

• Members
  • 4862 posts
  • Steam ID:twisterjamz
  • PSN:twisterjamzz

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

Yea buddy. I'm NBA mad.

Can't wait for tomorrow even though the game I want to see isn't being aired here until midnight (GSW v LAC).
I'm a Spurs man

I wanna watch that game as well, the addition of Chris Paul has been awesome for the Clippers as he sets up Blake and DeAndre like there is no defense guarding them. DeAndre's dunk on Pau and Andrew was straight beast

Personally I'm a Grizzlies fan (first round playoffs :P :P :P), have been for a couple of years, I had a feeling they would make it into the Playoffs last season but was guttered that Rudy Gay got injured before the playoffs as he would have made a difference on defense and offense as they needed someone more taller to mark K.D when they versed OKC as Sam Young and Tony Allen are way to short to mark K.D and his offense, well this is all I have to say

Edited by twisterjamz, 25 December 2011 - 07:40 PM.

#5 Slide

Slide

Hot for Nimrod

• Members
  • 2613 posts
  • Steam ID:antron81
  • PSN:Nims Rocks
  • Xbox Live:SoD Slide

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

I'm a GSW fan through and through. I know the odds are against them, but they are going to do some magical thigs against the clippers, you just wait...

#6 that_black_guy

that_black_guy
  • Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

When I 1st started getting into the NBA proper (when I got Sky), Sean Marks was with the Spurs... so I started following them. The fact that they are a small market team yet they find a way to be competitive through good management decisions and good coaching made me fall in love with them.

A bit gutting that Neal will be out for awhile with injury, he showed great signs last year and dude has ice in his veins, he proved this when he hit that tough 3 to send game 5 (iirc) to OT, a game that the Spurs eventually won. I feel like we will miss George Hill alot, but if TJ can establish a bit of a mid-range shooting game, then we should great depth at the point.

I think the Grizz have a real chance to be legit contenders this year. They have a relatively young team. They resigned their two bigs which is great news and I think they'll be able to get through the regular season relatively injury free due to the youth and the fact that their bigs don't really rely on getting off the ground to be effective.

I also have a soft spot for GS, Monta is my 2nd favourtie player in the league (behind timmy). Hard to say how they'll go this year given that they have a rookie coach. He was a good player back in the day, but that doesn't always mean they'll make good coaches. If he coaches like he commentated, then GS could be in trouble. Still they have an exciting line-up and I expect David Lee get back to the form that almost saw make the Eastern all-star team a few seasons ago.

#7 that_black_guy

that_black_guy
  • Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:55 PM

NBA tv has a free preview thing going on atm. Runs until the 9th and gives you full access to all the games and what not, free until then.

https://ilp.nba.com/...re/registerform

#8 nguns

nguns
  • Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:19 PM

Cheers for that bro, just finished watching the heat/mavs and bulls/lakers game, both where very sloppy at times, last 5 minutes of the bulls/lakers had a playoff feel to it, Awesome!

firstrowsports.tv works fine for streaming otherwise too man.

#9 that_black_guy

that_black_guy
  • Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

Yea, the teams definatly look a little under done. Pretty much to be expected though with just 2 preseason games under the belt. Just good to be watching ball again though.

It's always easy enough to find streams, but NBA tv is amazing... I definatly recommend trying out the free preview.

#10 nguns

nguns
  • Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

Yeah i am now, enjoying it, First Spurs game almost live. Pumped :D

Go spurs!!~

Tried to add you on PSN but nuk luck bro, your FL is full, if you can clear 1 and add 'nguns'

You got 2K12 on PS3?

#11 that_black_guy

that_black_guy
  • Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

Yea, I'm watching it too. Bit messy, but good to see Manu playing like Manu does and throwing himself around a bit.

I do have 2k12, but I don't really play it much... actually, thats kinda a lie. I've been playing a few team up games over the last week or so. But the lag is horrible. Will add you next time I'm on

#12 nguns

nguns
  • Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:18 PM

Yeah the lag is frustrating as, especially trying to do post moves or free throws.. and shot timing.. So yeah, everything.

All in all though solid game from the spurs, From halftime on they played great in spells.. I think Leonard is going to be huge once he gets a bit more experiance.. Built for bball man.

Manu was .. manu hah, like you said. That assist to leonard was tight.

Pity T.D was in foul trouble so early, wanted to see a bit more, still. what i saw was pretty solid.

#13 Slide

Slide

Hot for Nimrod

• Members
  • 2613 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

THATS RIGHT! WARRIORS BEAT THE BULLS! THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!

#14 nguns

nguns
  • Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:29 PM

Haha, caught a coupley periods of that game too.

Rose played terrible man, and Boozer looked extremely tired.

Still, gotta give it to GSW never let down, love the high pace style they play at, and holy f*** Monta Ellis is fun to watch O_O

#15 t-wade23

t-wade23
  • Members
  • 172 posts
  • PSN:T-WADE23

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

Another huge NBA fan here as well im a big fan of both the LA teams the clips and the Lakers. Loving the cp3 trade makes the clips a legit contender and the lakers still are fomidable with Bynum and Gasol not to mention some guy named Kobe.. :whistle: Kinda hope the lakers dont trade for Howard reading some of the reports sounds like the magic want way to much..

Tough luck on all you spur fans with Manu breaking his shooting hand yesterday so i guess Gary neal will get more time now hope for a fast recovery for Manu because he was great to watch last year and was doing well so far this year proberly the best 2 guard behind kobe in the West with Monta up there as well..

Anyway for you nba2k12 fans im thinking of starting a online assciotaion got a few on here that have already signed up so if your keen head over to the link just leave your psn and preferred team cheers.. :thumbsup:

http://forums.nzgame...showtopic=19264

#16 Ron

Ron

Just working hard...

• Admin
  • 8875 posts
  • PSN:NZGamer dot com
  • Xbox Live:NZGamer dot com

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

Been watching a lot of NBA via the NBA pass, but don't think I'll pick up the season pass. I just don't think I'll have time to watch all the games.

NFL playoffs kick off tomorrow!

#17 nguns

nguns
  • Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

Spurs just had a decent win.. blew a 20 point lead and made some stupid mistakes.. but still.. Showing good depth in the wake of the Manu injury.. Green stepped up huge tonight.. And also DeJuan is playing some good ball.

TJ Ford was awesome off the bench.

Glad RJ is playing like his old self.

#18 that_black_guy

that_black_guy
  • Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

Been watching a lot of NBA via the NBA pass, but don't think I'll pick up the season pass. I just don't think I'll have time to watch all the games.

I'm the same... but the main reason for me is that it chews through my usage like nothing else.

I've been away for awhile, so the only way I've been able to follow the NBA was through NBA.com. Did manage to catch the Spurs, Warriors game and also I caught the Clips v Rockets (I love that Maori TV is playing the odd game here and there). Gutted about Manu, but Danny Green seems to be a bit of a late bloomer and could be the big suprise for the Spurs like Neal was last year.

Oh and is it just me, or is Steph Curry wearing low-tops? If he is, someone should shout him a pair of high-tops so he stops rolling his ankle every 2nd quarter he's on the court

#19 nguns

nguns
  • Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

Haha he did it again recently too... forget high tops he needs higher tops. Awesome player though.

#20 Slide

Slide

Hot for Nimrod

• Members
  • 2613 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

Warriors take down the Heat. It was nowhere near pretty but it's a W. Robinson is so underrated as a player with energy and nerves of steel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users