69 replies to this topic

#21 OriginalSin

OriginalSin

Njörðr - The Diggle God of Fishing

• Members
  • 2708 posts
  • Steam ID:[eG] Sin

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:40 PM

Legend of Grimrock looks set for release on Steam soon. It's in registry, but not officially announced yet.

Recently completed EOB1 in under an hour..... I'm ready.

Edit:
It's not old but it's very interesting. The Banner Saga appears to be a mixture of story adventure and tactics combat. Story seems cool (can't go wrong with vikings, unless they're killing you and raping your wife) and who doesn't like a bit of tactics combat. I'll be keeping track of it.

Edit:
At every end....... there is a NEW beginning!

After four years of free online gaming we have decided to go in a new direction with the Sacred universe.

Because of this, we have to take the server offline at the end of March 2012.

But be rest assured that Sacred will continue! We are extensively working towards a bright future for the series.

Excited? Stay tuned!

Best wishes

Team Sacred

Edited by OriginalSin, 03 March 2012 - 07:27 AM.

#22 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 8976 posts
  • Steam ID:BanalityDUFF

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

hilarious (about sacred). be stoked if they released another. that said, i still haven't clocked Sacred 2! (or even reached the expansion content). I always play hardcore and get ganked doing stupid things. one day i'll take it all serious and knock the bugger off.

or i'll just get Torchlight 2 when it comes out and forget all about Sacred 2 again, heh.

installed Fallout New Vegas the other day (after getting fed up of stupid deaths on Dredmor) and am really enjoying it - far more than the abysmal Fallout 3 which I quit after a few hours of play. just bashed up some guys in the first town now from the looks of things i'm getting kicked out into the wild with no ammo for my gun. f***s.

Grimrock is apparently launching april. doing to secret buy it - i told my wife i wouldn't buy any more games until i finished all the games on my steam account (after buying a butt load during sales last year) but fun RPGs i just can't miss!

#23 OriginalSin

OriginalSin

• Members
  • 2708 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:01 AM

I'll just leave this here. The general population around here wouldn't appreciate it but some of you might.

I'm a bit sad now, but at least I have dosbox to keep me company.

Edit: Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 + all expansions totally reforged and remastered as Enhanced Editions.

Edited by OriginalSin, 16 March 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#24 Syn-Ryn

Syn-Ryn

Scrublord

• 7318 posts
  • Steam ID:steamcommunity.com/id/krickit
  • Xbox Live:Blale

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

Avadon is in new Humble Bundle. Time to finally give it a go.

#25 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 8976 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

i quit avadon pretty early in, wasn't my cup of tea.

finished up fallout new vegas pretty quick, didn't do any of the dlc on account of whenever i went near it by accident it said i had to be higher levels than i was. oh well. was pretty cool, will leave it for a few months and maybe play through again.

currently playing through Divinity 2. really enjoying it at the moment. playing as an archer character.

#26 OriginalSin

OriginalSin

• Members
  • 2708 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

From memory the explosive shot skill is OP, so if you just want to have fun blowing everyone up before they get a chance to say boo, it's awesome. I really enjoyed the game once I had dragon form, I'll replay it once I get Flames of Judgement.

#27 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 8976 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

totally hijacking this thread to general RPG now :)

finally got the exploding arrow and am smoking up (also with the final ranger move whose name i can't remember but gives like 100%+ damage and such for a while).

i stumbled into some area with a floating fortress and have gained about 7 levels since entering which has been sweet, although i'm wondering if it's going to make the storyline easy for the next few hours because i've leveled up above the level of the monster outside this area. oh well. it's fun making things go dead.

on a side note . . .

grabbed Dungeon Siege III and DLC on the Steam sale. I have been waiting every sale for this game to go on more than 75% sale. Going to polish off DKS first before touching it though.

and . . .

my wife is off to NZ the weekend Diablo III gets released so pretty much scheduling in 48 hours of Diablo II and snacks come that weekend. Yuss.

#28 OriginalSin

OriginalSin

• Members
  • 2708 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

Watch these videos. I like the knight's helmet.

Seems we don't have to wait until tomorrow, update

Edited by OriginalSin, 27 March 2012 - 09:22 AM.

#29 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 8976 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

i hope that doesn't drive up the prices of older games. my main attraction to gog.com is that they're awesome games for under 10 dollars. if they start offering newer games for the same price as steam (even if it's drm free) i'll most likely just go steam out of convenience.

also, where's system shock 2 at. sort it out ea/gog!

second also, anyone here played Anachronox or whatever it's called? the other other Ion Storm game? I've always wanted to check it out but have heard heaps of mixed opinions on it. should i waste my monies?

#30 Spekel

Spekel

GOML

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • PSN:SpeKeL_

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

i hope that doesn't drive up the prices of older games. my main attraction to gog.com is that they're awesome games for under 10 dollars. if they start offering newer games for the same price as steam (even if it's drm free) i'll most likely just go steam out of convenience.

also, where's system shock 2 at. sort it out ea/gog!

second also, anyone here played Anachronox or whatever it's called? the other other Ion Storm game? I've always wanted to check it out but have heard heaps of mixed opinions on it. should i waste my monies?

System shock... I remeber that game when I was younger... those zombie/sock headed things made me sh*t my pants, turn the computer off and go to bed. Never again..

#31 OriginalSin

OriginalSin

• Members
  • 2708 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

Torchlight II - Pets. Animations are looking good, and you can still feed them to transform them if desired. :thumbsup:

#32 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 8976 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

Legend of Grimrock: My New Addiction.

:heart:

#33 OriginalSin

OriginalSin

• Members
  • 2708 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:28 PM

Pretty much. The puzzles and secrets are very impressive. :heart: LOG

#34 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 8976 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

Spiders! Arrrgggh! Spiders!!

I'm still rolling around on level 3, taking my time, hurting my eyes looking for secret tiles.

I think I ballsed up my mage, I pumped heaps of points into Spellcraft but have found no Spellcraft spells of yet, have a few points in fire but only one fire spell so far (and like three different earth ones, ffs).

Im really, really enjoying it. Will most likely play Wizardry 8 again after playing this (first person party rpgs ftw).

Also, spiders!

#35 OriginalSin

OriginalSin

• Members
  • 2708 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

The only spellcraft ones I know are light - top middle + center, and darkness - bottom middle + center, both req 5. :/ Doesn't help you much at all.

I'm stumped again on level 9. Just when I was getting a roll on thinking I was getting pretty good at this..... Bastard devs, I love it/them so much. Going to come back to that save later and have another think about it.

Tonight I'm drinking, and am going to start again with a different sort of party. 1 fighter, 1 front row rogue, and 2 mages. I'd do 4 mages but that's better left until I'm sober and feeling suicidal.

Edit: My son played it today, at one point he got blindsided by a spider and jumped a full foot off the chair. Was awesome. :ph34r:

Edited by OriginalSin, 14 April 2012 - 06:16 PM.

#36 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 8976 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

pretty much cleared level 9, i think, but have back-tracked to level 8 to bust into the room with all the lightning shooting around (i thought there might be stairs up from 9 but no cigar).

hurt my brain for way too long trying to find out how to get in (i thought the map was a pic of level 8, haha). in the vault and getting ruined pretty much every corner i turn (just teleported into a room for of those plant things, got wasted, and have come to moan about it on here!).

still enjoying it, although some of the puzzles are a bit of trial and error since they sometimes have no context (looking at your random teleport puzzle on level 9 that saw me jumping in teleports at random until i noticed that scroll, heh).

grimrock is making me itchy for wizardry. might have to track down a copy of wiz8 when i finish this up (although i just snagged the new dues ex for 10 bucks so will probably play that first and by then the behemoth that is diablo 3 will be out . . . )

#37 OriginalSin

OriginalSin

• Members
  • 2708 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

I need to buy 2 copies of Torchlight 2, so I'm looking for 2 others that are wanting it so I can buy a 4-pack and save a few dollars. $20 -> $15, save $5USD. Let me know if you want in before preorders close.
Cheers.

#38 Syn-Ryn

Syn-Ryn

Scrublord

• 7318 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

Ill put my hand up for that, two questions though.

Do I still get Torchlight 1 with it? And when do preorders end?

#39 OriginalSin

OriginalSin

• Members
  • 2708 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

Ill put my hand up for that, two questions though.

Do I still get Torchlight 1 with it? And when do preorders end?

Yes, it includes a gift copy of #1 (tradeable if you already own it). And preorders "should" run right up until release. There's no great hurry to purchase, a release date hasn't been set yet.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Dredmor.

Edited by OriginalSin, 06 May 2012 - 10:46 PM.

#40 Syn-Ryn

Syn-Ryn

Scrublord

• 7318 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

Ah, cool. I'm in then.

Also, more Dredmor DLC + Steam workshop = OH GOD ALL THIS CONTENT, THIS GAME WILL NEVER f***ING END.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users