Photo

Playstation Vita

• Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

#21 Stark97

Stark97
  • Steam ID:Stark97

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

I'd pay $500, it's what i was expecting, and is about right.
Thats not excessive upon release. Remember its basically a PS3 in portable format. Personally i'm very excited about it. Vita looks to be great, will pretty much have all the features the PS3 has, even trophies yikes, that could be a worry. You can even display them on PSN i've heard.

I'll most likely pick one up, will depend on the intinal games launch. There are some awesome games being released, on launch it looks to be pretty quiet though. Not sure if ts a day one, but its a definite buy from what i've seen so far. So glad i held off on a PSP.

Edited by Stark97, 15 July 2011 - 07:37 PM.

#22 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6651 posts
  • Steam ID:AudaciousGnome
  • PSN:AudaciousGnome

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:28 PM

I just hate the fact that it is $300 in the US but here it is $500. Just like the games i wish i could buy this thing from an overseas shop.

Does anyone know if ozgameshop will sell this?

#23 Stark97

Stark97

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:45 PM

I just hate the fact that it is $300 in the US but here it is $500. Just like the games i wish i could buy this thing from an overseas shop.

Does anyone know if ozgameshop will sell this?

Ozshop only sell games and some accessories.
Don't see them selling consoles. Prices are in Aus dollars, so would work out more expensive anyways. The cheapest way to buy a Vita would be to import from the U.S, you'd be paying $350NZD as oppossed to $500. Ebay mabey?

I'd be kinda happy to pay an extra $140 for no waiting. I can basically walk to the shops to pick one up. I'd imagine you'd have to wait a bit if you imported, plus there shipping fees anyway. Not sure if i'd feel totally comfortable buying a console that has to travel so far, although they package them pretty well these days.

Edited by Stark97, 16 July 2011 - 03:52 PM.

#24 Ron

Ron

Just working hard...

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Admin
  • 9120 posts
  • PSN:NZGamer dot com
  • Wii:What's a Wii?
  • Xbox Live:NZGamer dot com

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:26 PM

Hopefully some other store will sell it for cheaper

I think all hanhhelds should be <$400.

#25 twisterjamz

twisterjamz

Saitama

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5141 posts
  • Steam ID:twisterjamz
  • PSN:twisterjamzz

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

Yeah I don't mind them being over $400 its just that I don't like the idea of buying a Vita for $500 without 3G support

#26 fifamessi

fifamessi

"fifamessi is why I come to NZGamer" - Emz 2013

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 7019 posts
  • PSN:fifamessi

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:54 AM

totally agree, i cant remember even though i had one, how much did gameboy or gameboy colour cost when they were released?

#27 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• Members
  • 6651 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:48 AM

totally agree, i cant remember even though i had one, how much did gameboy or gameboy colour cost when they were released?

Not $500 thats for sure.

$500 is just too much when you consider you have not bought any games yet. If it was $500 for the vita and two good quality games then i would buy it straight away.

#28 Soyerz

Soyerz

Pronounced 'Soy-a-sauce'

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• 5447 posts
  • Steam ID:Soyerz
  • PSN:Soyerzz
  • Wii:Nimmy_is_just_Super
  • Xbox Live:Soyerz

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:07 PM

We cannot really compare this to the Gameboy Color, though. Essentially, it was just a redesign of the original Gameboy console. Inflation will also have a major impact on this considering that the Gameboy Colour was released 13 years ago.

It seems we are just going to have to accept that these new gadgets are going to be more expensive with every generation. Give it a couple of months or years and we'll be more than use to these prices.

#29 Silvon

Silvon
  • Steam ID:Silvonvalar
  • PSN:Valarze

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

If it is $500, I think it'll sell alright. I know I personally plan on buying it and the comparable price to the 3DS won't hurt it at all considering that it's a more powerful console with a much better scope of games for its release.

I hope it takes off over here, I hate the rather small selection of PSP games I tend to see in stores when I try to find a game locally. I don't mind importing but it'd be nice to be able to find more titles around, especially during sales.

#30 Streetlight

Streetlight

Impressionable Youth, Best New Guy 2011

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 1147 posts
  • Steam ID:DreadBorial
  • Xbox Live:DreadBorial

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:31 PM

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get this on release, if it's as good as it looks it will be worth the money.

#31 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• Members
  • 6651 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:51 AM

When does this actually come out in NZ? This year?

#32 OriginalSin

OriginalSin

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

It's supposed to be late this year, but with the earthquake I wouldn't be surprised if it was a few months late.

I would like one, but it'll depend on the price tag and games list. I'm more likely to wait until it's established and there is a decent list of games at a reasonable price, even if that means waiting a year or so.

#33 Stark97

Stark97

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:59 PM

Gravity is looking great. Always had me interested when i saw the first vid, new iP is always exciting. Vita is looking hot, its def a day1 for me, been waiting for a handheld for ages. Almost bought a Psp, then a 3DS. Will wait for the vita. Apparrently vita trophies are added to ps3 trophies = oh dear!

No doubt you have all seen the E3 vids, but holy shiz, its lookingcrisp.

http://youtu.be/SWsP7_zoVHc

#34 websam

websam
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Steam ID:websam

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:33 PM

It will be interesting to see how it goes here in NZ, with the one advertised at Dicksmith as being only wifi, does that mean there has to be some sort of deal struck with a telco before the 3G one makes it here.

I guess only time will tell.

#35 Silvon

Silvon
  • Steam ID:Silvonvalar
  • PSN:Valarze

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:45 PM

It will be interesting to see how it goes here in NZ, with the one advertised at Dicksmith as being only wifi, does that mean there has to be some sort of deal struck with a telco before the 3G one makes it here.

I guess only time will tell.

Wish I knew. I noticed EB only has the wifi without 3G advertised on their website as well. Hopefully we do get both at launch though.

#36 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• Members
  • 6651 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:19 PM

I am not impressed by the $500 price tag. Unless there is a game bundle on launch i will probably have to wait until later :(

#37 Stark97

Stark97

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

I'm happy with the launch price. Theres sure to be bundles (hopefully) and its awesome its region free, quite tempting to grab one from the U.S.

The only things i'm disappointed about is:
No removeable battery
No internal memory. Only memory cards.
No video output. Cannot hook to a tv, understandable with the touch screen, but still.

Thats about it.
Also hoping the games won't be too expensive. But i'll import my games, so not really an issue :whistle:

#38 Crypto139

Crypto139
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Steam ID:Crypto139
  • PSN:Crypto139
  • Xbox Live:Crypto139

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:56 PM

I'm definitely importing from the states, will cost around $340 including shipping to import.

#39 Stark97

Stark97

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

Thats the way to go, so great its region free.
Where abouts/what site are you going to import through? I'm thinking Ebay would be the only option. I have an Ebay acc i've never used. Any other places?

Edit
BuyUSa.co.nz looks like the place. Annual $10 fee or something. Thats worth it considering you'd be buying games from the u.s as well, being that they will be cheaper. Anyone used these guys?

Edited by Stark97, 01 August 2011 - 06:37 PM.

#40 AudaciousGnome

AudaciousGnome

Trigger me Timbers

• Members
  • 6651 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

I'm definitely importing from the states, will cost around $340 including shipping to import.

Can you tell me how you are going to do this because i would be interested in importing from the US also but i can't find any sites that ship hardware to NZ :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users