Playstation Vita

• Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

#301 DERP

DERP
  • Wii:3DS: 3368-5235-3345
  • Xbox Live:scribls attic

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:29 PM

i only just jumped on the band wagon with the vita. im happy to see so many games are on it. its going to take quite some time before i get through that long list i want to play + the back catalog of nostalgic games like grandia and suikoden. i had a 1000 series but the screen burn was distracting (i brought cheap to try out) very happy with my 2000 the screen doesn't take long to adjust to.

#302 woollywol

woollywol
  • Steam ID:PoodleDjinn
  • PSN:wilywol60
  • Wii:woollywol60

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:03 PM

Thanks for the thoughts all, order's in on a 2000.

But seriously, f*** me the Vita died off quick. 2000's only been down under for 2 years and it's already basically vanished from retail. What gives? Had to go buy a memory card from a Sony store around the corner because EB hadn't sold them for ages.

Yes, it's all very sad.

But glad you got a Vita and a mem card organised! Welcome to #VitaIsland :)

Be sure to visit http://thevitalounge.net/and other sites dedicated to the Vita. Also a strong Vita community on Twitter.

#303 woollywol

woollywol

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:04 PM

i only just jumped on the band wagon with the vita. 

You won't believe how many people I see on Twitter who are only now getting into the Vita!

It's kinda weird ... but the community just keeps getting stronger and stronger.

#304 Super-Pangolin

Super-Pangolin
  • Steam ID:superpangolin
  • PSN:Super-Pangolin
  • Xbox Live:Super Pangolin

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:20 PM

You won't believe how many people I see on Twitter who are only now getting into the Vita!
It's kinda weird ... but the community just keeps getting stronger and stronger.

For me it was just prohibitively expensive in the beginning, for something I wasn't sure I'd use much. But now that I've joined the ranks of adulthood and have a moderately well-paying job and a long as sh*t commute I finally see the appeal. I figure there must be some like me who've been enticed by the significantly lower price.

#305 woollywol

woollywol

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:41 PM

You won't believe how many people I see on Twitter who are only now getting into the Vita!It's kinda weird ... but the community just keeps getting stronger and stronger.

I figure there must be some like me who've been enticed by the significantly lower price.

I hadn't noticed prices for a new Vita dropping much in NZ ...? But then I wasn't looking for deals.

#306 strawpeople

strawpeople

trash queen

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3204 posts
  • PSN:rebskee

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:26 AM

You won't believe how many people I see on Twitter who are only now getting into the Vita!It's kinda weird ... but the community just keeps getting stronger and stronger.

I figure there must be some like me who've been enticed by the significantly lower price.
I hadn't noticed prices for a new Vita dropping much in NZ ...? But then I wasn't looking for deals.

yeah same here - thought it was still quite pricey from what ive seen. what'd you end up paying, SP?

#307 woollywol

woollywol

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:43 AM

Just a heads-up, with all the new Vita owners here :), that Drinkbox are releasing a 3-pack of their excellent games:
https://blog.eu.play...tore-this-week/

#308 Super-Pangolin

Super-Pangolin
  • Steam ID:superpangolin
  • PSN:Super-Pangolin
  • Xbox Live:Super Pangolin

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:39 AM

I am in heaven. Borderlands 2 on the train is some next level boredom killing sh*t.

Can't find a memory card around here though, which I need for BL2's DLC, so I had to get one of those packs with a card and some downloadable games shipped over from Mighty Ape.

Also figured I'd pick up Toukiden Kiwami from em while I was at it. On 3DS, Monster Hunter 3 was boring me to tears with the insanely slow start & controls, but Samurai Warriors was also boring since I've played the KOEI Warriors games a million times. But I figure a KOEI ripoff of Monster Hunter must be the best of both worlds, right?

yeah same here - thought it was still quite pricey from what ive seen. what'd you end up paying, SP?

$180 AUD for a pre-owned, refurbished one from EB Games. Literally the next best thing to new I could get. Has a year's warranty by law, so I figured "f*** it, it'll do". They were in the few-hundreds new at launch, weren't they?

Edited by Super-Pangolin, 19 July 2016 - 01:40 AM.

#309 woollywol

woollywol

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:46 AM

Pangolin, you're right, Vitas were over $400 retail at first. New ones are still selling for about $300. Refurbished is a good way to go.

Toukiden is ace!!

#310 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10904 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:09 AM

Saw my first Vita in the wild today on the train.

It was weird seeing s Vita in use from any angle other than the screen.

#311 CoffeeAddict

CoffeeAddict

Undeniably Caffienated.

• Members
  • 2346 posts
  • PSN:DocChrisNZ

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:09 AM

There was a vita on TV the other day in the Special Correspondents Netflix movie. It took me second glance to recognise it because i rarely see them in the wild. Still see a few on the planes, usually whilst playing one myself. I wonder when PS will call a day on it? I doubt there will be any mention at next months hardware conference. I hope a plucky games journo will ask if the Neo has better Vita compatibility. 

#312 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10904 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:33 AM

The threeta will be announced at PSX.

#313 CoffeeAddict

CoffeeAddict

Undeniably Caffienated.

• Members
  • 2346 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:37 AM

Unless the NX turns out to be a successful handheld i don't see sony doing another one. I would love to be proved wrong. Just imagine a backwards compatible updated super vita. It would be amazing.

#314 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10904 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:51 AM

The Vita Neo. Backwards compatible, 4x the power, cheap as chips. I'm sold.

#315 woollywol

woollywol

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:17 PM

I don't get this "cheap handheld" thing. A really good portable console *can't* be cheap. And I don't mind paying the price. But necessaries such as mem cards should not be pricey.
Vita NEO - I like it!
Grunt power, beefy WiFi, top quality screen, great ergonomics and battery life, no rear touchscreen.

#316 CoffeeAddict

CoffeeAddict

Undeniably Caffienated.

• Members
  • 2346 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:27 PM

Yes get rid of the rear touchscreen, only game that i tolerated it was tearaway. Again I don't mind paying full price if there is decent 1st-3rd party support for the console. Went to look at prices to upgrade my memory card (8G) and was horrified by the price. Decided against it immediately.

#317 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10904 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:34 PM

I'm just being cheeky, I want everything cheap.

Scorpio for under a hundo please, I know it won't happen but you have to ask.

#318 CoffeeAddict

CoffeeAddict

Undeniably Caffienated.

• Members
  • 2346 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:51 PM

I kinda promised myself that i wouldn't get certain consoles unless i could get them for under $200, won them or got given them by a mate. So far only the Vita managed to qualify. Missed out on some cheap Wii U's one weekend, that sucked.

#319 woollywol

woollywol

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:26 PM

Went to look at prices to upgrade my memory card (8G) and was horrified by the price. Decided against it immediately.

I'm looking for another 32GB card ... it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I guess I might find a very expensive needle!!

#320 DERP

DERP
  • Wii:3DS: 3368-5235-3345
  • Xbox Live:scribls attic

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:55 PM

im amazed there are not many 3rd party options online yet either. i want a 64gb for all my ps1 games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users