#41 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1621 posts
  • PSN:siamesedreams

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:03 AM

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT! Ok is it a free download or do you have to have a code or be a playstation plus member etc? Will get it tonight if its available.

#42 ChinqMiau

ChinqMiau
  • PSN:ChinqMiau

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:13 AM

can't wait :king: stuck in f***in work!

#43 Vicx

Vicx

PSN: supvic

• NZGamer.com VIP Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1383 posts
  • PSN:supvic

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:24 AM

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT! Ok is it a free download or do you have to have a code or be a playstation plus member etc? Will get it tonight if its available.

It's basically a normal MP demo for everyone. Calling it a "beta" means they're off the hook if anyone spots any bugs, a real beta would be done months/weeks before release, this one ends a week before release, it's probably more like a stress test for the servers.

#44 Mush

Mush

FightOffYourDemons.

• [NZGR] - Clan Killzone 2
  • 32 posts
  • PSN:Mush_nz
  • Xbox Live:Mush nz

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:06 PM

I keep getting error code 20005 and it's pissing me off. Can't even connect.

GRRRR

Edit: Apparently the servers are down, that's probably it.

Edited by Mush, 04 February 2011 - 01:10 PM.

#45 p1nkm15t

p1nkm15t
  • Steam ID:p1nkm15t
  • PSN:p1nkm15t

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

It's basically a normal MP demo for everyone. Calling it a "beta" means they're off the hook if anyone spots any bugs, a real beta would be done months/weeks before release, this one ends a week before release, it's probably more like a stress test for the servers.

There's forums that you can go to at killzone.com to post feed back. Lot of negative atm.

Few problems with matchmaking, quite a few with merkins joining our area.

I hate the silenced weapons. Mostly due to the fact that I can't remove the silencer. It was one thing KZ did not need.
The ISA SMG is a nice little weapon though.
Tac Spot & Mark has been nerfed, but its still useful.
Also, giving the Marksman an Assault Rifle was a stupid idea. May as well give him a shotgun.
The STA 14 still has that HUGE sight on it.

The only real lag I've noticed is sometimes people are hard to kill. Like a full (silenced) SMG clip.

EDIT - I probably shouldn't be able to vote myself up...

Edited by p1nkm15t, 04 February 2011 - 04:43 PM.

#46 ChinqMiau

ChinqMiau

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:07 PM

downloading it now but it's a depressive reading... will see how the demo plays but at this rate i won't be buying it :(

#47 Vicx

Vicx

• Members
  • 1383 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:30 PM

I hate the silenced weapons. Mostly due to the fact that I can't remove the silencer. It was one thing KZ did not need.

why not? is it because there's too much stealth already with the cloaking and disguising?

I'll still be getting it, the connection problems will go away eventually, they always do. If Blood Gracht is still isn't fixed though, I'll consider selling it.. and if Radec Academy makes a come back I'll definitely quit.

#48 stungaf

stungaf
  • Location:/lōˈkāSHən/ Noun. 1. A particular place or position.
  • PSN:stungaf

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:57 PM

Had a couple of games last night just in the botzone to test out the Move controls. It's going to take a while to get used to it, but even in the little time i had i could see glimpses of Move being more accurate. Might have to tweak a bit more for the right settings. Sometimes i was finding the aiming reticle a bit hard to locate from the hip and zoomed in.

Current settings:
Bounding box: 30 / 30
Cursor speed(?): 40
Turn Speed: 30
Zoom: Hold
Crouch: Toggle

hmm, wasn't going to download, just wait for the main game - but i might try it out for the move.
i find it quite tricky to use if it's too sensitive (trying to select menu items on the golf and deadspace demos is hard :( )

#49 ChinqMiau

ChinqMiau

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:59 PM

i just lost a long post due to me clicking on "add post" button. the button also has what looks like reload arrow. usability 101 :(

#50 p1nkm15t

p1nkm15t

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:35 PM

Good game Sia and Toddy.

Lag was much better once the americans left.

#51 Toddyno7

Toddyno7
  • PSN:Toddyno7

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:59 PM

Cheers for the invite pink. Hasn't been too bad so far.

I reckon infiltrator is too strong. It's too easy to just run around and melee people.

MM is sh*t. I fu*king hate it. :-)

Stamina is just too short. Takes so long to run anywhere.

The ground bots are useless.

It's just not the same game anymore.

#52 twisterjamz

twisterjamz

Saitama

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5141 posts
  • Steam ID:twisterjamz
  • PSN:twisterjamzz

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

Few problems with matchmaking, quite a few with merkins joining our area.

lol, I haven't heard that word in such a long time, it made my day :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#53 ChinqMiau

ChinqMiau

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:30 PM

right, downloaded it finally and played for 20 minutes in the bot zone (servers are down?), it's imo still kz and it is definitely enjoyable. i wish i could run farther, i hate the scope on sta14 and still hate the typical clusterf*** battles and bots. sadly though i don't think there will be same strong kz2 community around it but i guess we will have to get used to disposable games. i really like the music in the menu. stunning.

#54 p1nkm15t

p1nkm15t

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

Hey Sia,how did you like my solo S&D attack in WZ earlier today? Defended that myself, you know.

In other news, if the times gets to 7 seconds leave it, cause it's gone man!!

Every game I went into this afternoon (when I could finally connect) was full of whining 12yos

#55 Vicx

Vicx

• Members
  • 1383 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:06 PM

Compared to the closed beta, the framerate is way smoother.. however, it now takes literally 2 bullets to kill anything or anyone! So you have no chance of counterattacking or escaping because you die instantly, it's worse than BFBC2 hardcore mode and even CoD! I had way more fun on the closed beta, but this was just frustrating.
I wish you guys could've played the closed beta, even though it was a bit slower, I thought it was much better.

and the sounds the dead ISA soldiers make are extremely irritable! As soon as I hear them groaning it kills the whole atmosphere of the game, takes all my attention away. It doesn't sound like your typical soldiers in pain, but more like people slowly dying of salmonella poisoning :puke:

think I might skip this and wait for Homefront.

#56 ChinqMiau

ChinqMiau

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:11 PM

lol yes those sounds are really irritating. i was thinking that there must be a switchable option for that but didn't have time to look at that. i still have hope for GG getting these things sorted before the discs are made. who knows, who knows...

#57 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1621 posts
  • PSN:siamesedreams

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:25 PM

Hey Sia,how did you like my solo S&D attack in WZ earlier today? Defended that myself, you know.

In other news, if the times gets to 7 seconds leave it, cause it's gone man!!

Every game I went into this afternoon (when I could finally connect) was full of whining 12yos

Nice one, to be honest I didnt even notice :P I did notice that I was on the top of my team and you were just pipped at the post to be top of your team. Nice work by NZGR there :)

I was having a shocker yesterday, HATE the smg with the silencer, had so many OH BS moments when trying to kill people with it. Finally got the M82 rifle though and that thing with no lag is still a beast :) Shot toddy in the face a few times in quick succession when he joined our game. Sorry Toddy :)

No rewards for Killstreaks? I got up to an over 10 killstreak today and didnt get anything for it. Maybe its just xp?

When I quit yesterday I think I was at 0.68 K/D ratio, after getting the M82 I'm on 0.99 at the mo, something like 174 kills to 178 deaths. Toddy already has way more than anyone in my friends list. Do you sleep toddy?

#58 stungaf

stungaf
  • Location:/lōˈkāSHən/ Noun. 1. A particular place or position.
  • PSN:stungaf

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:51 PM

had a quick go offline.
tried with ds3 then move. but the move was just far too foreign. tried about 8 different set ups but none felt right.
opened up the bounding boz to it's maximum height but still ended up running around looking at the floor, then ceiling, then floor.

went back to the ds3 and it's pretty much kz2 with some new toys. levels seem quite multi dimensional. be interesting to figure out all the best assassination defense spots.

#59 Toddyno7

Toddyno7
  • PSN:Toddyno7

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:08 PM

Yeah, got sick of you shooting me. I think you got me three times in a row.

The missus is away for 4 days so have a bit of spare time at the moment.

#60 p1nkm15t

p1nkm15t

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

had a quick go offline.
tried with ds3 then move. but the move was just far too foreign. tried about 8 different set ups but none felt right.
opened up the bounding boz to it's maximum height but still ended up running around looking at the floor, then ceiling, then floor.

went back to the ds3 and it's pretty much kz2 with some new toys. levels seem quite multi dimensional. be interesting to figure out all the best assassination defense spots.

Yeah, I tried swapping hands as well, to see if that made a difference. I kinda sorta got the hang of it, but you really need to concentrate.

I think it may be easier with the gun thing, but using the nav controller takes a little getting used to.

You got there late Sia. Got one on, killed the guy hanging around, put the other one on, killed 3 more (I was nearly dead then), got killed by you, watched you get blown up trying to defuse :thumbsup:
Meanwhile, my team wasa at the other end of the map :/

Edited by p1nkm15t, 05 February 2011 - 09:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users