Photo

Killzone 3 Open Mp Beta

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#21 DOMO-RIC

DOMO-RIC
  • PSN:DOMO-RIC

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:17 PM

I tried the mini game for about 10 mins then got bored. I'll just rank up and unlock as normal I think.

#22 p1nkm15t

p1nkm15t
  • Steam ID:p1nkm15t
  • PSN:p1nkm15t

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:13 PM

can't believe you would load up home for that :rolleyes:

Actually, it's not bad. The game's fairly easy, I managed to unlock everything and get a code in no time.

Just remember - Slow and steady, take out the ones with the decreasing circle around them first and if there's a carrier, shoot it every chance you get.

Also, getting the assist challenges is easy as running around the plaza, picking up crates and dropping off back at the Defender zone, or what ever it's called. The place where you play the game.

I might go do it again on my alt accts :)

HOW did you complete the challenges? I can't get sure shot and perfect round for 2 and 3.. and HOW do you use a rocket? I was lucky enough to receive one but I pushed every single button and nothing would let me use that rocket, I ended up destroying the mothership with a billion shots with my measly pistol.. :angry2:
I've also delivered 2 packages but it didn't unlock anything.

First time took me a little while to get used to it, but after I'd done the challenges for the first one, the rest just fell into place.

There's a time limit on the assists when they're picked up, so if they get it to you with sod all time on their clock, you get to use it for the time remaining. (From what I can understand). I've had the RL appear once or twice, then disappear before I could get a shot off, so I'm assuming this is whats happening.
So when you get an assist, go nuts.
If you get ammo for an assist weapon, I assme that the time remaining on drop is added to the weapon.

Also, shoot enemy multipile times for more score, even if it's a headshot, just like time crisis.
Slow and steady. There doesn't appear to be a time limit, and you only need to worry about the enemy that have the circle around them.
And you don't need to zoom in either. I've been hip-firing the whole time.
And get to know the patterns. They don't appear randomly, so you can prepare for the next lot pretty quick.

I've done all 3 of my accounts now :thumbsup:
Seriously, if I can complete these, there's no reason the rest of you shouldn't be able to. :whistle:

Edited by p1nkm15t, 28 January 2011 - 07:16 PM.

#23 Toddyno7

Toddyno7
  • PSN:Toddyno7

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

You're the man pink. It's farking hard I reckon. You mind completing it for me :rolleyes:

#24 Toddyno7

Toddyno7

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:55 PM

Where do you enter the code to get the unlock points?

#25 p1nkm15t

p1nkm15t

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

Usually in the "redeem codes" in account management from the XMB. I tried earlier, but it said that the code was invalid or had already been used. I don't think they'll be valid until KZ3 is released.

#26 Toddyno7

Toddyno7

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:03 PM

Roger.

That was hard. I didn't realise how creepy "home" was. I had someone ask me if I wanted to cam chat. I told them I was a cop. :rolleyes:

#27 p1nkm15t

p1nkm15t

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:52 PM

lol, nice one. Everyone just seems to leave me alone. Maybe as I tend to run around with the mic on, muttering and swearing :rolleyes:

#28 Vicx

Vicx

PSN: supvic

• NZGamer.com VIP Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1383 posts
  • PSN:supvic

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:37 AM

got it now, didn't realise you had to walk around farming for supply crates, I thought one was enough. Only getting a perfect round on level 3 was hard. Easy 3 unlock points, I hope they go a long way.

#29 stungaf

stungaf
  • Location:/lōˈkāSHən/ Noun. 1. A particular place or position.
  • PSN:stungaf

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

yeah did this last night too. would each account give you a different code that you could use on one account?

then spent 3 hours milling about all the new home spaces. lots of work gone into to it, i guess people do use it.
no one talks to me though, probably because my guy looks like a fat downs syndrome abbo.

#30 p1nkm15t

p1nkm15t

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

Yeah you get a different code for each account that you use. Not sure if they can be used on one account though :rolleyes:

#31 citysoldier

citysoldier
  • Steam ID:Citysoldier01
  • PSN:Citysoldier

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:40 PM

lol I ended up updating home. Felt like I was running around for crates for ages and nobody finishing wave 1. Ill have to dedicate some time to it lol. Man the aiming sensitivity without aiming down sight is crazy. Aiming down sight is slow sometimes. I guess you can get used to it. These challenges will be hard lol. I thought Id done wave 3 as it ended with nothing shooting me. Guess the mother ship or wateva got pass and means I lost.

#32 Vicx

Vicx

• Members
  • 1383 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

Yeah you get a different code for each account that you use. Not sure if they can be used on one account though :rolleyes:

I doubt they'll let you use more than one code on one account, it'll just be a one-off 3 points unlock.

lol I ended up updating home. Felt like I was running around for crates for ages and nobody finishing wave 1. Ill have to dedicate some time to it lol. Man the aiming sensitivity without aiming down sight is crazy. Aiming down sight is slow sometimes. I guess you can get used to it. These challenges will be hard lol. I thought Id done wave 3 as it ended with nothing shooting me. Guess the mother ship or wateva got pass and means I lost.

Make sure you unlock all the rewards in level 1 and 2, you'll need the extra damage to take out the mothership (with your pistol) in level 3. Don't ever use the sights, it's really disorienting and the recoil gets in the way, just aim from the hip. The whole game including crate hunting only took me about 15-20 mins.

#33 p1nkm15t

p1nkm15t

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

Yeah you get a different code for each account that you use. Not sure if they can be used on one account though :thumbsup:

I doubt they'll let you use more than one code on one account, it'll just be a one-off 3 points unlock.

Not so sure about that. There should be 3 unlock points with the Collectors and Helghast editions, but the codes might be reigon specific. Guess we'll have to wait and see :rolleyes:

#34 citysoldier

citysoldier
  • Steam ID:Citysoldier01
  • PSN:Citysoldier

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:43 PM

[
Make sure you unlock all the rewards in level 1 and 2, you'll need the extra damage to take out the mothership (with your pistol) in level 3. Don't ever use the sights, it's really disorienting and the recoil gets in the way, just aim from the hip. The whole game including crate hunting only took me about 15-20 mins.

Well I havent unlocked the community assist with wave 1 yet. But yeah your right so much easier from the hip. Done it second try. 79% accuracy. Had full health most of the time too. Got lucky someone got me a helghast assault rifle I think. The second time the ship came just blasted away and then got the riffle and finished it.

129097 score

edit: Ok thought it was so easy went back for the perfect gave or wateva in wave 3. Did it in one go. Got my code

Edited by citysoldier, 31 January 2011 - 10:09 PM.

#35 Vicx

Vicx

• Members
  • 1383 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:37 PM

Yeah you get a different code for each account that you use. Not sure if they can be used on one account though :thumbsup:

Not so sure about that. There should be 3 unlock points with the Collectors and Helghast editions, but the codes might be reigon specific. Guess we'll have to wait and see :rolleyes:

I mean they won't let you use multiple codes from Home, but other codes would work such as the one with preorders, even if it's the same thing. If multiple Home codes work I'd be very surprised.

Another tip, when you're shooting the mothership, press both R1 and X to shoot rapidly.

#36 p1nkm15t

p1nkm15t

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:41 AM

Another tip, when you're shooting the mothership, press both R1 and X to shoot rapidly.

I was using an adapted method of the Time Crisis Rapid Trigger Finger - Rapidly tapping R1 with the index finger while resting the controller against my belly. When I needed to adjust aim, I'd flick the left control stick with my other hand while continuing to lay down fire :rolleyes:

Also worked well for getting the multiple hits on the Higs. I could get about 10 rounds into a hig before he stopped giving out points. :thumbsup:

#37 Mush

Mush

FightOffYourDemons.

• [NZGR] - Clan Killzone 2
  • 32 posts
  • PSN:Mush_nz
  • Xbox Live:Mush nz

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

Beta should be up at 12am tonight, gents.

Oh, hi. I'm itching to get back into KZ with you guys. It's been a while! :king:

#38 p1nkm15t

p1nkm15t

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:34 PM

Beta should be up at 12am tonight, gents.

Oh, hi. I'm itching to get back into KZ with you guys. It's been a while! :king:

You sure about that?
EU release is listed as between the 3rd and the 15th, the US get it at 10am PST (7am our time)

Not seen you around in a while. Welcome back?

#39 p1nkm15t

p1nkm15t

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:10 AM

Looks like they released it for everyone at the same time! Downloading now. Will be on later this afternoon.

802Mb download btw

Edited by p1nkm15t, 04 February 2011 - 06:10 AM.

#40 Illmatic

Illmatic

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6262 posts
  • PSN:Stillmatic
  • Xbox Live:Stilmatik

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:43 AM

Had a couple of games last night just in the botzone to test out the Move controls. It's going to take a while to get used to it, but even in the little time i had i could see glimpses of Move being more accurate. Might have to tweak a bit more for the right settings. Sometimes i was finding the aiming reticle a bit hard to locate from the hip and zoomed in.

Current settings:
Bounding box: 30 / 30
Cursor speed(?): 40
Turn Speed: 30
Zoom: Hold
Crouch: Toggle

Edited by Illmatic, 04 February 2011 - 06:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users