#1 Vicx

Vicx

PSN: supvic

• NZGamer.com VIP Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1383 posts
  • PSN:supvic

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

The Killzone 3 Multiplayer Open Beta will be available for download on the PlayStation Network on Wednesday, February 2nd.

This Open Beta will be available for free to all North American PS3 users and will run from Feb 2nd-14th, giving you the perfect chance to get hands-on with Killzone 3′s brutal online warfare and try out the revamped precision controls. You will also have the option to play using the PlayStation Move and stereoscopic 3D.

The Open Beta will offers exclusive early access to the MP05 ‘Frozen Dam’ multiplayer level from Killzone 3, including all three online multiplayer modes: Guerrilla Warfare, Warzone and Operations, along with the offline multiplayer mode, Botzone.

http://blog.us.plays...on-february-2nd

#2 p1nkm15t

p1nkm15t
  • Steam ID:p1nkm15t
  • PSN:p1nkm15t

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

Wonder if I'll need to re-download the code again?

#3 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1621 posts
  • PSN:siamesedreams

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:44 PM

North American users......lame.

#4 ChinqMiau

ChinqMiau
  • PSN:ChinqMiau

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:38 AM

every respectable gamer needs to have a fake usa account. whenever sony says how many PSN account they have, divide by 2. i do :(

#5 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• Members
  • 1621 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:54 AM

True chinq, true, I just have never got round to doing it.

#6 p1nkm15t

p1nkm15t

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:57 AM

lol, I've got 3 accts (2 USA) atm. They've got some interesting stuff on their store.

#7 ChinqMiau

ChinqMiau

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:16 AM

this regional separation is bullshit. it only disappoints people. also, blame me for reading between the lines but they're going to load test the servers before the game is released and since they're limiting it to north america i would say there are no aus servers yet. we're pissed off because the demo is only north america and north american gamers will be pissed off because the whole thing will lag like crazy with basically whole globe raping their servers. i hope i'm wrong :(

edit: http://www.killzone....mp-weapons.html

Edited by ChinqMiau, 25 January 2011 - 08:42 AM.

#8 Vicx

Vicx

• Members
  • 1383 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

No it'll be available for NZ too, same news was posted in the EU blog which includes NZ/AU: http://blog.eu.plays...-the-3rd-of-feb

If you go on Home tomorrow (27th Jan) you can play some KZ3 games that earn you 3 unlock points which can be used in KZ3! I haven't used Home since the day it was out, but I'll definitely be loading it up to get my unlock points in advance tomorrow.
http://blog.eu.plays...aystation-home/

here's an AWESOME multiplayer video:

#9 ChinqMiau

ChinqMiau

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:57 PM

great news.

that video reminds me of cod. typical rough as guts kz, dark, rusty and all but they codified it imo. which is probably good.

#10 p1nkm15t

p1nkm15t

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

If you go on Home tomorrow (27th Jan) you can play some KZ3 games that earn you 3 unlock points which can be used in KZ3! I haven't used Home since the day it was out, but I'll definitely be loading it up to get my unlock points in advance tomorrow.

Be warned that might be our friday (28th). Wonder what time they're looking at kicking off?

#11 Vicx

Vicx

• Members
  • 1383 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

It's definitely good, the controls in KZ2 were so frustrating because it held you back. If I was confronted by 2-3 guys at once I'd probably only be able to kill one because the controls just don't respond fast enough, not just the sensitivity but the time it takes for it to react, it's been proven in youtube videos. It's frustrating because in CoD nothing holds you back, it lets you fight as fast as your fingers can move.

#12 JDogg

JDogg

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4811 posts
  • PSN:JorDogg

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:59 PM

Ohh sh*t you didn't mean all that did you?? lol

#13 Vicx

Vicx

• Members
  • 1383 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

yea it's true, I've played heaps of FPS games and all the ones that don't let you play to the best of your ability just get frustrating. I prefer the CoD controls/pace but the actual gameplay is a bit shallow which is why I prefer BFBC2.

#14 ChinqMiau

ChinqMiau

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:41 AM

http://www.killzone....laythrough.html

just in case you were missing color...

#15 siamese

siamese

siamesedreams

• Members
  • 1621 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:03 AM

It's definitely good, the controls in KZ2 were so frustrating because it held you back. If I was confronted by 2-3 guys at once I'd probably only be able to kill one because the controls just don't respond fast enough, not just the sensitivity but the time it takes for it to react, it's been proven in youtube videos. It's frustrating because in CoD nothing holds you back, it lets you fight as fast as your fingers can move.

I loved the controls in KZ2, I found that you really needed to have skill and know what you were doing (burst fire, headshots) to survive those situations. The framerate could have been better, it was sluggish at times but that was pretty much my only complaint.

#16 ChinqMiau

ChinqMiau

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:24 PM

yeah the framerate is kz2 is sh*t, controls are ok. pretty much made the whole game for me.

#17 Toddyno7

Toddyno7
  • PSN:Toddyno7

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:28 PM

Be warned that might be our friday (28th). Wonder what time they're looking at kicking off?

I see Home is being updated at the moment. May be up with the KZ3 theme soon.

#18 ChinqMiau

ChinqMiau

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:38 AM

can't believe you would load up home for that :rolleyes:

#19 p1nkm15t

p1nkm15t

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:31 AM

Actually, it's not bad. The game's fairly easy, I managed to unlock everything and get a code in no time.

Just remember - Slow and steady, take out the ones with the decreasing circle around them first and if there's a carrier, shoot it every chance you get.

Also, getting the assist challenges is easy as running around the plaza, picking up crates and dropping off back at the Defender zone, or what ever it's called. The place where you play the game.

I might go do it again on my alt accts -_-

#20 Vicx

Vicx

• Members
  • 1383 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

Actually, it's not bad. The game's fairly easy, I managed to unlock everything and get a code in no time.

Just remember - Slow and steady, take out the ones with the decreasing circle around them first and if there's a carrier, shoot it every chance you get.

Also, getting the assist challenges is easy as running around the plaza, picking up crates and dropping off back at the Defender zone, or what ever it's called. The place where you play the game.

I might go do it again on my alt accts :)

HOW did you complete the challenges? I can't get sure shot and perfect round for 2 and 3.. and HOW do you use a rocket? I was lucky enough to receive one but I pushed every single button and nothing would let me use that rocket, I ended up destroying the mothership with a billion shots with my measly pistol.. -_-
I've also delivered 2 packages but it didn't unlock anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users