#41 D4nzy

D4nzy

The Man.

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Gaming Night Host
  • 4475 posts
  • Xbox Live:D4nzy

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

Yeah it was, one of the employees told us the biggest discounts were on the preowned games rather than the new ones and what not. It had a $49 price tag on it. Pretty sweet deal.

#42 Super-Pangolin

Super-Pangolin
  • Steam ID:superpangolin
  • PSN:Super-Pangolin
  • Xbox Live:Super Pangolin

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

Eeeww preowned... I swear, every preowned game I've ever bought I had to return because they didn't work properly.

#43 D4nzy

D4nzy

The Man.

• Gaming Night Host
  • 4475 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

Really? I have like never had a problem.

#44 strawpeople

strawpeople

trash queen

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3204 posts
  • PSN:rebskee

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

^ about 60% of my games are preowned (mainly from EB Games, and I don't have too many games anyway OTL) and I've not had problems with any of them. Some peeps even seem to have sold their games back without using DLC codes! That's always a nice surprise :)

#45 Valsira

Valsira

Megidolaon cute!

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • Steam ID:Valsira
  • PSN:Valsira

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Yeah same, before I started buying games online I got pretty much all of my console games preowned. Had to take one back once 'cause they gave me the wrong disc (was meant to be the complete edition of something and they gave me the original) but they've always played fine.

Edited by Valsira, 30 August 2012 - 05:07 PM.

#46 atipuss

atipuss
  • Steam ID:atimewmew
  • PSN:atipuss
  • Xbox Live:atipuss

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

^ I live on trade in and preowned :rolleyes: except for new game that needs online pass :blush:

#47 Sidawg2

Sidawg2
  • PSN:sidawg2
  • Xbox Live:sidawg2

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

Grabbed Madden 13. The temptation proved far too much for me to resist.

#48 Emz86

Emz86

Summoner

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 1250 posts
  • Steam ID:Meathead1986
  • PSN:Im_Here
  • Wii:1779-0184-8933
  • Xbox Live:PureDemonicNz

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

The only preowned game I've ever had problems with was Halo 3. I don't know what it was with that game but I tried 3 preowned copies and none of them worked. EB Games in Hastings were good as about it though and gave me my money back after the 3rd one didn't work.

#49 Antski14

Antski14
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Live:Rykon NZ

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

The only preowned game I've ever had problems with was Halo 3. I don't know what it was with that game but I tried 3 preowned copies and none of them worked. EB Games in Hastings were good as about it though and gave me my money back after the 3rd one didn't work.

Cant say the same for EB in Botany after the 1st time he thought i was scratching them myself. it doesn't even make sense why i would scratch them. though im sure it was just a "wrong place wrong time wrong guy" kinda thing

#50 Byskyre

Byskyre
  • Steam ID:Muntey

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

Cant say the same for EB in Botany after the 1st time he thought i was scratching them myself. it doesn't even make sense why i would scratch them. though im sure it was just a "wrong place wrong time wrong guy" kinda thing

Really? The guys at the Botany store were good cu*ts for the 5 or so years that they were my local.

#51 Jake

Jake

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

I haven't bought a pre-owned game in years, no real point when NZgameshop's around. I remember I had a real bad experience with a guy at The Palms EB, said he wouldn't replace the game because apparently 'I had scratched it myself'. Was there for quite a while before his Co-Worker heard the guy, thought he sounded unreasonable and replaced my game :thumbsup:

#52 Antski14

Antski14
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Live:Rykon NZ

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

Really? The guys at the Botany store were good cu*ts for the 5 or so years that they were my local.

Oh they are generally good 99.9% of the time. i just happen to be there for the 0.1% but they almost always great

#53 Soyerz

Soyerz

Pronounced 'Soy-a-sauce'

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• 5447 posts
  • Steam ID:Soyerz
  • PSN:Soyerzz
  • Wii:Nimmy_is_just_Super
  • Xbox Live:Soyerz

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:50 AM

:heart: EBGames Hastings. The staff in there treat me like a friend, so I still pre-order games there, despite living in Wellington, and get them sent to me.

Honestly, I don't know what it is about the Cuba Street store in Wellington, but I get the feeling that all, except one of them, are trying as hard as they can to be as unfriendly as possible. Avoid that place as much as I can...

#54 BigC

BigC
  • PSN:NZBigC

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

Huge fail in their latest mailer.

Selected Blu-Ray movies - $14.98 each or 2 for $20. $18.98 or 2 for $30. Seems like good deals. But...

On a single page they have Kids DVD's - '$9.98 each or 3 for $30!' :thumbsup:

#55 fifamessi

fifamessi

"fifamessi is why I come to NZGamer" - Emz 2013

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 7019 posts
  • PSN:fifamessi

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

Huge fail in their latest mailer.

Selected Blu-Ray movies - $14.98 each or 2 for $20. $18.98 or 2 for $30. Seems like good deals. But...

On a single page they have Kids DVD's - '$9.98 each or 3 for $30!' :thumbsup:

Yeah I posted that in the other thread lol.

Might as well have said 10 for 100$

#56 BigC

BigC
  • PSN:NZBigC

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

Just saw that you can trade in a few games to get another one free. If anyone was looking at getting Rugby League or Rocksmith (both priced at $108), you could save $30 or so by buying both Street Fighter x Tekken (ps3) and RE Op. Raccoon City (360) for $39 each off Mighty Ape, and then trading them in. I'd do that if I were keen on one of these games!

#57 Ninja-15

Ninja-15

Hadouken!

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • PSN:Ninja-15

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

Just saw that you can trade in a few games to get another one free. If anyone was looking at getting Rugby League or Rocksmith (both priced at $108), you could save $30 or so by buying both Street Fighter x Tekken (ps3) and RE Op. Raccoon City (360) for $39 each off Mighty Ape, and then trading them in. I'd do that if I were keen on one of these games!

Nice, I would do this if we had a JBHiFi in Christchurch...

Can't believe ChCh doesn't have a JBHiFi and Dunedin does :huh:

#58 acedumbunny

acedumbunny

For science.

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3484 posts
  • Steam ID:Acedumbunny
  • PSN:Acedumbunny
  • Xbox Live:Acedumbunny

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Cost plus GST sale on tomorrow from 6 to 9.

#59 Super-Pangolin

Super-Pangolin
  • Steam ID:superpangolin
  • PSN:Super-Pangolin
  • Xbox Live:Super Pangolin

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

Thanks Ace! I kinda know what to expect from cost prices, so I know exactly what I'm going in for... not CDs for once this time around >_>

#60 D4nzy

D4nzy

The Man.

• Gaming Night Host
  • 4475 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

Thanks Ace! I kinda know what to expect from cost prices, so I know exactly what I'm going in for... not CDs for once this time around >_>

Can you tell us the best sort of thing to go in for?
I know that they take a tonne off of pre owned games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users