• Tester
  • 1030 posts
  • Steam ID:ShadowKnightFTW
  • Wii:I use an Emulator
  • Xbox Live:ShadowKnightFTW

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:52 AM

None of the above have been announced.

Keep it locked on NZGamer.com

We so need to ditch the Games forum and replace it with a category that can host all games. Like a game Genre sub forum.

Also cant wait from D3 shits gonna be Epic.

Also what hasn't been announced?

#4 citysoldier

citysoldier
  • Steam ID:Citysoldier01
  • PSN:Citysoldier

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:52 AM

Female Monk

Probably looks different when they officially release it

http://diablo.incgam...-monk-revealed/

http://diablo.incgam...h...iew&cat=509

http://diablo.incgam...h...onk&cat=509

http://diablo.incgam...h...oks&cat=509

http://diablo.incgam...h...onk&cat=509

#5 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 9413 posts
  • Steam ID:BanalityDUFF

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

CLICKITY

May 15.

Not entirely sure if I'm going to get it (given it looks pretty balls from what I've seen so far).

Just to clarify, I'm a huge diablo fan (owned 3 copies of the original, 2 copies of D2/LoD) but Diablo 3 just looks . . . boring.

I guess it all depends on the price point and how busy I am around May.

If only Torchlight 2 was out already.

#6 Streetlight

Streetlight

Impressionable Youth, Best New Guy 2011

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 1147 posts
  • Steam ID:DreadBorial
  • Xbox Live:DreadBorial

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:52 AM

Have had my pre order for the collectors down for months, I can't wait. I have the beta and it is really good supermario, considering that it is just part of the first act I think it bodes very well for the rest of the game.

#7 OriginalSin

OriginalSin

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

I was going to unload on it based on the beta but I won't, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until I see the finished product. What I will say is, it's not an RPG, it's a point and click adventure game. I expect it will be ported to consoles in the near future.

#8 Streetlight

Streetlight

• Members
  • 1147 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

I was going to unload on it based on the beta but I won't, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until I see the finished product. What I will say is, it's not an RPG, it's a point and click adventure game. I expect it will be ported to consoles in the near future.

Diablo 2 had the same kind of thing, some people said it was some said it wasn't.

#9 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

a point and click adventure game? you do mean, hack-n-slash, right? right?

when i think point and click adventure game i think Grim Fandango and Sanitarium.

diablo was never about the RPG, it was about clicking on things and making them explode with your friends. :)

#10 OriginalSin

OriginalSin

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

Yeah, when you click on something, it dies. I guess it's not quite point and click, more point click and watch destructive animation.

I guess it's just a beta and you can't really calculate how the whole game will pan out but I've used a grand total of 1 potion in 4 playthroughs.
The graphics are years old and you can't even rotate the camera. There are only 2 levels of zoom, one for playing and one purely useful for vanity.
The whole beta was just a series of scripted events randomly selected apart from the main quest, everything was so predictable that it felt like the ultimate cookie cutter.
You can't even have all 5 classes in the same multi-player game, that's just poor planning.
I have plenty more but I won't force it on you. Just some thoughts, and only my opinion. Hopefully they release a demo so that people can realize it's generic as hell for themselves instead of hearing it from "trolls" like me.

#11 PandaJenkins

PandaJenkins

Otherwise known as 'Pandy Wandy'

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6123 posts
  • Steam ID:Pandajenkees
  • PSN:Pandajenkins
  • Xbox Live:Panda Jenkins

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

There is reasons I am more excited for Torchlight 2, just saying.

#12 Streetlight

Streetlight

• Members
  • 1147 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Yeah, when you click on something, it dies. I guess it's not quite point and click, more point click and watch destructive animation.

I guess it's just a beta and you can't really calculate how the whole game will pan out but I've used a grand total of 1 potion in 4 playthroughs.
The graphics are years old and you can't even rotate the camera. There are only 2 levels of zoom, one for playing and one purely useful for vanity.
The whole beta was just a series of scripted events randomly selected apart from the main quest, everything was so predictable that it felt like the ultimate cookie cutter.
You can't even have all 5 classes in the same multi-player game, that's just poor planning.
I have plenty more but I won't force it on you. Just some thoughts, and only my opinion. Hopefully they release a demo so that people can realize it's generic as hell for themselves instead of hearing it from "trolls" like me.

Its easy because its act 1 normal of 4 difficulty's, it was the same in Diablo 2 . Tbh I don't see a problem with having one camera angle. They probably shoud have allowed at least 5 players in a game, but likely I won't be playing with more than 3 so it won't bother me.

#13 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

yeah a framed camera is all good, i hate the newer hack-n-slash games that let you rotate the camera around. it's just another annoying thing to keep track of, and having a framed camera should mean there's no retarded angles when playing.

i think it's a bit strange that there are 5 character classes but a four player cap on games, surely they could have worked that out.

i would rarely play with more than 4 people that i know anyway so that's all g . . . although the cluster f***s of 8 player were pretty fun. :P

#14 Syn-Ryn

Syn-Ryn

Scrublord

• 8299 posts
  • Steam ID:steamcommunity.com/id/MADSUPERVILLAIN
  • Xbox Live:Blale

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

yeah a framed camera is all good, i hate the newer hack-n-slash games that let you rotate the camera around. it's just another annoying thing to keep track of, and having a framed camera should mean there's no retarded angles when playing.

i think it's a bit strange that there are 5 character classes but a four player cap on games, surely they could have worked that out.

i would rarely play with more than 4 people that i know anyway so that's all g . . . although the cluster f***s of 8 player were pretty fun. :P

I still remember playing the first Diablo with you a few years back. Was damn fun, need to find my D1 discs sometime.

#15 Streetlight

Streetlight

• Members
  • 1147 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

I still remember playing the first Diablo with you a few years back. Was damn fun, need to find my D1 discs sometime.

I did it recently and it was awesome. Lost all my gear a ton of times but it was fun getting back to a point where I could actually kill things.

#16 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

just grabbed it, downloading the client now.

stupid blizzard wouldn't accept my usual handle (banalityduff), presumably because of the 'anal' in 'banal' and so i went with a very old handle of mine (gamerkid). so if anyone else is playing add me up! -> gamerkid#1930

not sure what the weird numbers are for, the website did say but i didn't care to read.

roll on may!

#17 Streetlight

Streetlight

• Members
  • 1147 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

just grabbed it, downloading the client now.

stupid blizzard wouldn't accept my usual handle (banalityduff), presumably because of the 'anal' in 'banal' and so i went with a very old handle of mine (gamerkid). so if anyone else is playing add me up! -> gamerkid#1930

not sure what the weird numbers are for, the website did say but i didn't care to read.

roll on may!

The username isn't unique so the numbers are how it distinguishes people from each other.

#18 boblinski

boblinski

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

So who has looked into it?-

whats the best and cheapest way to buy this sucker?!

#19 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

i grabbed the digi version through blizzard (was 75 AUD i think).

ozgameshop.com has it for 53 AUD or for 68 NZD on nzgameshop. mightyape has it for 70 NZD, jbhifi is 109 NZD, and ebgames is 120 ND.

that's for the standard editions btw.

so if you don't mind risking not having it day 1 then i'd say grab it through mightyape although i'm pretty sure they will have it at your door on day one.

or see what the price is like through the blizzard store if you don't mind a digital edition, although 75 AUD probably means it will be nearer 100 NZD.

#20 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

have been playing a bit of dungeon siege 3, and low and behold, it has no health/mana pots and instead has health orbs dropped by enemies. i'm a bit concerned how diablo 3 handles this because while its ohk during normal gameplay in ds3 (such as fighting random spawns) when it comes to bosses it becomes a matter of running around in circles while i regen (using a skill) before attacking and then repeating. it's very tedious and unless every boss in diablo 3 spawns super easy to kill spawners for free globes i wonder if it will boil down to regen skill / run / attack / repeat.

anyone in the beta? got an opinion that will make me look more forward to boss fights?

also, doubly concerned that the devs said that act 1 inferno will pretty much rape everyone for ages - which i can only believe would happen because you can't heal with any regularity . . . =/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users