Illmatic

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6262 posts
  • PSN:Stillmatic
  • Xbox Live:Stilmatik

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:00 AM

I did every single license test in GT1-4, mainly because I felt the need to have to do them, but when it comes down to it I'm not in high school with a lot of free time on my hands, back then I could only afford so many games so a game like GT kept me busy for ages and I had the time to get real good at them, but now I just don't have the time to do time wasting tests I just want to play the game, and the rewind feature makes it more pick up and play.

Arcade mode sounds like it'd help you out there?

But really you need to stop getting so defensive over your precious GT, everytime I come in and state my disappointment over something (PS3 specs, GT5 lack of features etc), you get all super defensive(you wrote a defense for each thing I said), just face it, not everyone is going to love everything. This is only my opinion, I'm just a fan who expects much more in a sequel(be it hardware/software) I'm sure you will love the game, and you're obviously someone who has the time to put into a game like this, I'm not, so just chill out.

I'm not chilled? Am i angry or something? :unsure: Are we going to start this now? OK. I wouldn't say i've been very defensive at all, i've just been trying to kick some knowledge in your direction. I was already active in this thread then you come in with your usual routine of damage control, being so blatant obviously you're going to get called out by someone, and as usual you do get called out and proven wrong. That's not defensive, that's just telling it how it is. But we all know how that turns out: tkd_matt sees good PS3 news, posts in the PS3 exlcusive thread for damage control, get's replied to and usually proven wrong, tkd_matt doesn't like that and sees the replies as attacks since they're from PS3 owners, tkd_matt starts to play the victim and continues until the thread is ruined.

sh*t, i've already played into your trap. :thumbsup: I guess i won't reply to you in this thread even though your next post is sure to be a doozy.

#42 onehitter09

onehitter09
  • NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Silver VIP

• [NZGR] - Clan Killzone 2
  • 3732 posts
  • PSN:OneHitter NZ
  • Xbox Live:OneHitter NZ

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:41 AM

Owned.

#43 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5314 posts
  • Steam ID:highwaygothic

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:45 AM

If this lives up to the hype then both Turn 10 and PandaJenkins are going to have egg on their faces. :thumbsup:

There's no chance it'll live up to the hype, but it can still be a good game.

I'm surprised so many people actually dislike Forza's rewind feature. For those of us who like it, it's great. For those that don't, just don't use it. Forza's penalty of invalidating the lap time is plenty sufficient.
Yamauchi has made a cryptic remark about being able to "rewind your race" in GT5, but that may have come about from the translation.

#44 tkd_matt

tkd_matt

Meet Amiganaut

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 1066 posts
  • Steam ID:tkd_matt
  • PSN:tkdmatt
  • Wii:7837 2118 2421 3733
  • Xbox Live:tkdmat

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:46 AM

I'm not chilled? Am i angry or something? :P Are we going to start this now? OK. I wouldn't say i've been very defensive at all, i've just been trying to kick some knowledge in your direction. I was already active in this thread then you come in with your usual routine of damage control, being so blatant obviously you're going to get called out by someone, and as usual you do get called out and proven wrong. That's not defensive, that's just telling it how it is. But we all know how that turns out: tkd_matt sees good PS3 news, posts in the PS3 exlcusive thread for damage control, get's replied to and usually proven wrong, tkd_matt doesn't like that and sees the replies as attacks since they're from PS3 owners, tkd_matt starts to play the victim and continues until the thread is ruined.

sh*t, i've already played into your trap. :unsure: I guess i won't reply to you in this thread even though your next post is sure to be a doozy.

What's there to be proven wrong about, I only came in to say I was disappointed at it features, and what knowledge did you kick my way that I didn't already know? Seriously dude, you're reading far too into this and taking it too seriously. There's no damage control here, I was going to buy this I'm just disappointed. But you know, keep crying if it makes you feel better.

Geez fanboys can get dramatic... :thumbsup:

#45 onehitter09

onehitter09

• 3732 posts
  • PSN:OneHitter NZ
  • Xbox Live:OneHitter NZ

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:15 PM

I'm still stunned that you are disappointed with all the features? I Haven't seen any other game out there with so much features on 1 disc *cough* Forza 3 has 2 *cough*..

#46 bradleycampbell

bradleycampbell

Vroooooom

• Members
  • 1083 posts
  • Steam ID:redknightnz81

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:29 PM

I'm still stunned that you are disappointed with all the features? I Haven't seen any other game out there with so much features on 1 disc *cough* Forza 3 has 2 *cough*..

That is more due to the Xbox360 using the old DVD format. Plus once the 2nd disc is installed you don't need it again.

I'll wait until a full car list is released before I make judgement on the 1000+ statement. Previous GT games have had too many duplicate cars / US & JP versions for my liking which made it easier for them to boost car count. At least Forza3 had a good selection of different cars, and tried to keep the duplicates to a minimum.

If any game can get me to re-purchase a PS3 then it will be Gran Turismo 5.
Having played GT:HD and GT:Prologue I wasn't that impressed though. The 1080p was good, but some of the environments looked a bit passed it.

I would also like some of the community features (marketplace, paints, tunes etc) added in. I would like to think that if I didn't like the look of a 1987 Honda City Turbo then I could add a skin / design that some skilled person has taken the time to create and put it on the car.

Would also be good if they followed through with that TV show built in as well (Top Gear, SuperGT, D1 etc) in the final release.

Long post is long.

#47 Soyerz

Soyerz

Pronounced 'Soy-a-sauce'

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• 5447 posts
  • Steam ID:Soyerz
  • PSN:Soyerzz
  • Wii:Nimmy_is_just_Super
  • Xbox Live:Soyerz

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:30 PM

This thread is nothing but a big flame war that really does not seem neccasary. Forza 3 is a great game and Gran Turismo 5 is going to be a great game.

Does it really f*cking matter? Best thing about Nzgamer is that you never have flame wars. Until now.... :thumbsup:

And TKD Matt, If I remember correctly you were (and possibly still are) a huge 360 fanboy. You ended up making the Metal Gear Solid 4 thread get locked I think. So it really makes not sense for you to criticise someone for being a fanboy.

#48 tkd_matt

tkd_matt

Meet Amiganaut

• Members
  • 1066 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

This thread is nothing but a big flame war that really does not seem neccasary. Forza 3 is a great game and Gran Turismo 5 is going to be a great game.

Does it really f*cking matter? Best thing about Nzgamer is that you never have flame wars. Until now.... :thumbsup:

And TKD Matt, If I remember correctly you were (and possibly still are) a huge 360 fanboy. You ended up making the Metal Gear Solid 4 thread get locked I think. So it really makes not sense for you to criticise someone for being a fanboy.

I got labeled that for a similar reason to this, stated my disappointment in some of the PS3 design choices and it's firmware, and Illmatic got on the defensive much like this. Any attacking after was that was purely because I disliked PS3 fanboys because they are the worst.

PS3 is now at a good price, has trophies, ingame xmb, a good chat system, good games, so I got one and I enjoy it, yet that's still not enough for him to accept my opinion is my own, and that I don't have to love everything he does. He seems to always think I have an agenda, when really it's just how I am.

I can accept his opinion, he can't accept mine, so I'll continue to critiscise him as a fanboy.

#49 Donutta

Donutta

• 6801 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:02 PM

Isn't there something more important you guys can be worrying about than Gran Turismo?

*kicks dirt*

#50 Jogga

Jogga

Hockey is MMA on ice.

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Tester
  • 5846 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:37 PM

Isn't there something more important you guys can be worrying about than Gran Turismo?

*kicks dirt*

What are you smoking, DiRT was sh*t.

Hehehe...

#51 stungaf

stungaf
  • Location:/lōˈkāSHən/ Noun. 1. A particular place or position.
  • PSN:stungaf

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:44 PM

why give your opinions if you don't want comments on them? this is a forum.
if you don't want a reaction then don't type them.
your opinion is valid, but the reasons you give for them can be and were challenged.
i don't see the issue other than you thinking every comment challenging your opinion is a personal attack on you or some form of fanboyism. like always.

#52 tkd_matt

tkd_matt

Meet Amiganaut

• Members
  • 1066 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:33 PM

why give your opinions if you don't want comments on them? this is a forum.
if you don't want a reaction then don't type them.
your opinion is valid, but the reasons you give for them can be and were challenged.
i don't see the issue other than you thinking every comment challenging your opinion is a personal attack on you or some form of fanboyism. like always.

Yeah but there needs to be some kind of mutual respect to have a valid discussion, or it turns into the fanboyism mess. I don't mind someone replying to my posts, but when you have an individual who is on some kind of crusade you combat everything you say, it gets tiring, he only does that to me, or am I the only one who notices that. :thumbsup:

#53 stungaf

stungaf
  • Location:/lōˈkāSHən/ Noun. 1. A particular place or position.
  • PSN:stungaf

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:38 PM

or are you the only one that makes rash polarising statements?

#54 tkd_matt

tkd_matt

Meet Amiganaut

• Members
  • 1066 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:46 PM

or are you the only one that makes rash polarising statements?

On this forum? Not by a long shot. But anyone should be able to state their opinion without it escalating like it does. I would understand when it's a troll who just says "it sucks" without reasoning. But I'm another longtime fan who wants to partake in the discussion and my opinion differs, it's a legitimate opinion, not a biased forum troll comment.

#55 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5314 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:36 PM

I'll wait until a full car list is released before I make judgement on the 1000+ statement. Previous GT games have had too many duplicate cars / US & JP versions for my liking which made it easier for them to boost car count. At least Forza3 had a good selection of different cars, and tried to keep the duplicates to a minimum.

That was one thing which really did like about GT5! Any other game just has a small selection of cars to pick from. If you want to drive an Evo, Forza 3 only gives you three to choose from, for example. GT4 gave you all of them o_o All of them! I mean, if they've built the models for one Evo, why not take the little bit of extra time to make the similar versions? It's not "boosting" the car count, it's making sure they have the particular car you want to drive instead of settling for one that's close enough, because it doesn't take too much effort to do so and they're not critically limited by the storage medium. No other series has ever had my favourite toyota starlets, old honda civics, new toyota priuses, etc. and it is actually a really important feature :rolleyes: Which possibly only suits Japanese car fans like myself. I must admit, though, that Turn 10 have done a good job of representing every single Audi that's been released in the last few years.

Edited by emetic, 08 January 2010 - 11:37 PM.

#56 Illmatic

Illmatic

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 6262 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:05 PM

Some gameplay footage from CES on at the moment.

Nurburgring replay
http://ces.gamespot.com/video/6245184/

Fuji replay
http://ces.gamespot.com/video/6245181/

Indianapolis - Mclaren F1 replay -
http://ces.gamespot.com/video/6245183/

Indianapolis - Lamborghini Gallardo - cockpit gameplay
http://ces.gamespot.com/video/6245182/

Menu
http://ces.gamespot.com/video/6245180/

Looking and sounding average eh.

Also it's being displayed in 3D again, just like they done at last years CES. I wonder if we'll be getting 3D in a patch or something? It might require more than one PS3 though to keep performance up, we'll see eventually i suppose.

Edited by Illmatic, 09 January 2010 - 07:10 PM.

#57 Starker

Starker

Daisy Pusher

• NZGamer.com VIP Bronze VIP

• Tester
  • 856 posts
  • PSN:Starker

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:30 PM

Theres is meant to be 2 patches coming out this year for 3d. One for Movies to play in 3d and one for games to play in 3d. Wont matter though unless you are willing to get the tvs that support 3d (that wont be cheap) and also the glasses.

#58 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5314 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:37 PM

Cheers for the updates, Illmatic!

Would the 3d glasses not be the same as the polarising (or colour filtering) ones from the movies? Or would domestic 3D require some other sort of system? Hmm.

Edited by emetic, 09 January 2010 - 10:49 PM.

#59 Illmatic

Illmatic

[NZGR]

• Members
  • 6262 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:06 PM

No worries.

There's a good detailed list of known and rumored features over at GTPlanet too for anyone interested: http://www.gtplanet....ad.php?t=124305

On 3D, they'll be polarised glasses (which looks to be becoming the standard in 3D). The RealD cheapo's you get at the movies for films like Avatar would be enough if you have a 3D capable TV. edit: Actually shutter glasses will be needed, all the electronic giants are going with shutter glasses at CES, which would make them the home standard for the meantime. They'll be quite expensive glasses but some should come with the 3DTV's you buy.

Some info on 3D in GT5:

Edited by Illmatic, 10 January 2010 - 10:49 AM.

#60 emetic

emetic

felis fortuna adiuvat

• Members
  • 5314 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:52 PM

I would guess that any 3D-capable home television would be bundled with glasses anyway. Right?

Peow.

Oh yeah, so I was going to say that the engine sounds sounds great on that GT5 demo running in the videos there. As usual, it is hard to tell since it's coming through tv speakers and recorded on a home camera, but yeah. Sounds good to me. Looks good too... mostly.

Edited by emetic, 10 January 2010 - 01:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users