• 5968 posts
  • Steam ID:psychomonkey69
  • PSN:PsychoMonkey
  • Wii:ScubaSteve
  • Xbox Live:Psycho Obezyana

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:54 PM

Or don't listen to them & stick with 7.
7 is fine, 10 is too; Vista & 8/8.1 you should avoid like the plague

As for changing the image I thought MS put a lockdown on that? maybee not? I can't help as I've never had the want/need to change it
Oh & I guess if customisation is your thing then it's prob best to stick with 7, Win10 is one of the most locked down OS's on the market

8 and 8.1 were amazing OSes. Steven Sinofsky had Great ideas, it's just that they weren't able to be fully followed through, which is why we got what we did with 10, unfortunately. They had the chance to start over, can legacy and the registry and other ills of the system, and have a well curated walled garden just like Apple's, but they let the Windows store go to ruin and never provided much content of their own to help that out.

Vista was also fantastic, especially after SP1. Its problem was being forced to run on systems that were not ready for it, and in people's minds it was also often combined with the Office switch to ribbon menus, which confused many. In terms of functionality, it was right up there. Vista and 8 were exciting to use, much like Mac OS X before the switch to Intel, at which point it started taking too much control away from the user. Windows 10 is still unsure of what it wants to be, but sadly I think we're not going to get what 8 should have become.

You Sir are very unique in your opinion, even MS themselves would rather forget & distance themselves from Vista & 8/8.1

#2262 iludez

iludez

Just the best

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1990 posts
  • Steam ID:iludez
  • PSN:iludez
  • Xbox Live:iludez

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:06 AM

Anyone live in Dunedin?

#2263 Jenesyde

Jenesyde
  • Xbox Live:Jenesyde

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:28 AM

Yeah, heaps of people.

#2264 iludez

iludez

Just the best

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1990 posts
  • Steam ID:iludez
  • PSN:iludez
  • Xbox Live:iludez

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:27 AM

Lol well anyone heading from Dunedin or chch up towards Blenheim?

#2265 BigC

BigC
  • PSN:NZBigC

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:09 PM

Ideas on a one year anniversary gift? Supposedly meant to be paper?

#2266 CoffeeAddict

CoffeeAddict

Undeniably Caffienated.

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 2346 posts
  • PSN:DocChrisNZ

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:18 PM

Photo album, framed wedding picture, origami swan, collage of the newspapers on the day of your wedding, a room of origami roses/favourite flower, a poem hand written, a book of homemade vouchers (from chores to more amorous pursuits) that she can cash in. Or just plan a cool day out via a scavenger/orienteering hunt to a nice picnic dinner. 

#2267 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5968 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:04 PM

9311995037225.png

#2268 BigC

BigC

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:27 AM

Photo album, framed wedding picture, origami swan, collage of the newspapers on the day of your wedding, a room of origami roses/favourite flower, a poem hand written, a book of homemade vouchers (from chores to more amorous pursuits) that she can cash in. Or just plan a cool day out via a scavenger/orienteering hunt to a nice picnic dinner.

Thanks for the good ideas :)

#2269 BigC

BigC

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:58 AM

Not that it matters since we are on an unlimited plan, but does anyone know how much internet Netflix and video game (Ps4) streaming use? We used over 700gb over the last 30 days and that seems like a huge amount. I do stream at 1080hp for about 3 hours every night.

#2270 AdamC

AdamC
  • Steam ID:LygerReach
  • PSN:JadamCrt

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:24 PM

3hrs at 1080p would be approx 10gbs? That explains about half the 700gb lol game downloads as well?

#2271 BigC

BigC

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:47 PM

3hrs at 1080p would be approx 10gbs? That explains about half the 700gb lol game downloads as well?

Other than the Ps+ games, I don't really download anything. I wonder if our neighbour has somehow gotten our log in details lol.

On one of those days, I used 55gb... I don't even know how that is possible with just my wife and I...

Edited by BigC, 02 October 2017 - 01:52 PM.

#2272 tuftsdude

tuftsdude
  • Steam ID:Tuftsdude
  • PSN:Tuftsdude
  • Xbox Live:Achedmars64

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:16 PM

Something defo feels off. Do a speed test, change your wifi name and password, do another speed test then moniter your usage and see if that makes a difference.

#2273 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• Members
  • 10910 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:30 PM

Other than the Ps+ games, I don't really download anything. I wonder if our neighbour has somehow gotten our log in details lol.

On one of those days, I used 55gb... I don't even know how that is possible with just my wife and I...

Just double check if it's measured in GB or Gb.

Normally data speed is measured in Gb and quantity of data in GB but just be sure.

Big windows and game patches happen in the background plus slightly more than usual usage like a game download could bridge that gap.

E.g. just had a 10GB marvel v capcom update, and that was one bloody patch.

But changing your Wi-Fi name and password to something complex can rule out nefarious mischief.

#2274 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

Minister of Sinister

• Members
  • 8344 posts
  • Steam ID:ZombieRawkMachine
  • PSN:ZombieRwkMachine
  • Xbox Live:DrSinIsIn

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:51 PM

Anyone in Wellington or the area able to recommend a good hobby shop? The only one I know of is Cerebus Games not that I've been there just know of it.

#2275 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5968 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:25 PM

Anyone in Wellington or the area able to recommend a good hobby shop? The only one I know of is Cerebus Games not that I've been there just know of it.

If you're into the Games Workshop stuff there's a store in the Reading Cinema building (or was, don't visit WellyTown Central much)

#2276 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

Minister of Sinister

• Members
  • 8344 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:38 PM

I like a few of the console games but have never played the tabletop. Use to know a guy who was way into and tried explaining it to me and I was just like "....Yeeeeeeeeeeeah Space Marine!"

#2277 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5968 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:32 PM

I like a few of the console games but have never played the tabletop. Use to know a guy who was way into and tried explaining it to me and I was just like "....Yeeeeeeeeeeeah Space Marine!"

AKA Hero Quest Advanced... in space

#2278 ZombieRawkMachine

ZombieRawkMachine

Minister of Sinister

• Members
  • 8344 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

I also really enjoyed the Fire Warrior game on ps2 and remember the final levels of that being a b*tch to play. I like the idea of it all but it just seems like to get the most out of it all you really need to get into the lore and mythos of it all which is fine till I see how much there is to go through (fair play they have been doing their a while) and the price of some it.

#2279 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5968 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:26 PM

I also really enjoyed the Fire Warrior game on ps2 and remember the final levels of that being a b*tch to play. I like the idea of it all but it just seems like to get the most out of it all you really need to get into the lore and mythos of it all which is fine till I see how much there is to go through (fair play they have been doing their a while) and the price of some it.

Yea I never got into much more than Hero Quest. Games Workshop stuff is not the cheapest thing in the world & I already have too many expensive hobbies, also why I've never really bothered with card games, comics, trading cards etc... Did models for awhile (mostly military & cars), need to get back into that but again cost does add up

#2280 acedumbunny

acedumbunny

For science.

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3484 posts
  • Steam ID:Acedumbunny
  • PSN:Acedumbunny
  • Xbox Live:Acedumbunny

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:37 PM

If you're into the Games Workshop stuff there's a store in the Reading Cinema building (or was, don't visit WellyTown Central much)

It is still there. In the far corner from the main entrance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users