#1 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 9413 posts
  • Steam ID:BanalityDUFF

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:55 PM

well ive been "retro'n" it out the past couple of days, and the best game ive been playing is Shadowman

i remember playing it back in the day but i had only rented it, but it had my favorite biblical demon as the main bad guy (Legion) and also had Jack the Ripper which was cool.

Playing it now on PC (N64 game via emulation) im disgusted that i never brought this game, if i see it for sale on N64 i will be certain to get it even though i have the ROM version because its such goodness.

anyone else play this? the sequel isnt sposed to be anything like the original according to reviews, Acclaim or whoever were handling it thought it should be an action game or something stupid so butchtered the run everywhere tomb raider-esque vibe that it had :angry:

go the shadowman!

#2 Chris Redfield

Chris Redfield

Don't stop now I am make cumming.

• Members
  • 18074 posts
  • Steam ID:Nims_is_te_Man
  • Wii:666
  • Xbox Live:lol nah

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:25 PM

:lol: Wtf? This game blows

#3 supermario

supermario

Hail Xenu!

• Members
  • 9413 posts
  • Steam ID:BanalityDUFF

Posted 23 April 2004 - 03:02 PM

:o  Wtf? This game blows

its cool as damnit :lol:

just because you dont get the shadow lovin' :o

#4 Munkah

Munkah

Resident overlord

• Staff
  • 12616 posts
  • Steam ID:Morgadeth
  • PSN:Morgadeth
  • Wii:1032 5522 9691 7697
  • Xbox Live:Morgadeth

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:31 AM

I've sworn off anything from Acclaim! I wish they would just stop supporting anything. Yep I was VERY happy when I heard they dropped support for GameCube.

#5 Jaz

Jaz

#SILVERSCUM

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4318 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:20 AM

I played it on my N64 copier back in the day. Its pretty good, but not great. Legacy of Kain on DC was similar but better.

#6 Munkah

Munkah

Resident overlord

• Staff
  • 12616 posts
  • Steam ID:Morgadeth
  • PSN:Morgadeth
  • Wii:1032 5522 9691 7697
  • Xbox Live:Morgadeth

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:06 PM

I played it on my N64 copier back in the day. Its pretty good, but not great. Legacy of Kain on DC was similar but better.

I've got Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver on my PC which is the one I believe was released for the Dreamcast and PlayStation, I think it's a great game too and pretty dark for a platform game. I also like the way they did away with collecting crap other platform game developers should take note. :ph34r:

#7 zarr0ch

zarr0ch
  • Steam ID:Zarr0ch
  • PSN:Zarr0chnz
  • Xbox Live:zarr0ch

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:16 PM

I've got Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver on my PC which is the one I believe was released for the Dreamcast and PlayStation, I think it's a great game too and pretty dark for a platform game. I also like the way they did away with collecting crap other platform game developers should take note. laugh.gif

Blood Omen 1 and 2, Soul Reaver 1 and 2 then Legacy of Kain defiance,  still be best series ever in my opinion. Pity we never got a game to conclude the storyline!!!!! Nosgoth doesn't appear to be doing that unfortunately.

As for Shadowman,  played it years ok, wasnt to bad but wouldnt go back to it 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users