Kegz

Professional Learnsmith

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 8132 posts
  • Steam ID:kegzzz
  • PSN:kegzzz

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:03 PM

lol you must work for firstgames since this is your first post on the forums but in response to your message, nah I wouldn't recommend buying it from firstgames as they sell a US$20 PSN card for NZ$39.99 when US$20 converts into NZ$27.2914 which shows that firstgames is ripping us off if we buy it for the price of NZ$39.99

Man has a point, that's a big rip compared to what I paid.

#42 TurtleWarrior

TurtleWarrior
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

How bout just going to firstgames.co.nz and buying a US PS3 network card there? They send you the network card code in the email within a couple of hours even on a Saturday.
I just created a US account using a Montana address that was advised above (not sure if that's neccessary) and then purchased the map pack via the US Store.
Easy.

lol you must work for firstgames since this is your first post on the forums but in response to your message, nah I wouldn't recommend buying it from firstgames as they sell a US$20 PSN card for NZ$39.99 when US$20 converts into NZ$27.2914 which shows that firstgames is ripping us off if we buy it for the price of NZ$39.99

Nah don't work for firstgames, bought blackops from them and since its a US version, had to purchase the US content. I know you're paying extra but seeing as I probably bought the game from them cheaper than most kiwis got them from retail stores, don't mind it at all :)

#43 geneterror

geneterror
  • Steam ID:geneterror666
  • PSN:geneterror666
  • Xbox Live:geneterror

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:36 PM

when US$20 converts into NZ$27.2914 which shows that firstgames is ripping us off if we buy it for the price of NZ$39.99

I hate it when people do this. Clap clap you can do a currency conversion. Yes it costs more than an exact currency conversion. They are a business and are doing some of the footwork for you by importing the cards etc and then emailing you the code. They have overheads etc to pay. I think it's perfectly fair for them to charge a markup. They are a business not a charity for NZ gamers.

If you can get it somewhere else cheaper by doing some of the legwork yourself that's fine but don't act like First Games are ripping you off blind or anything by trying to run a profitable business.

By the way before anyone says anything I have absolutely nothing to do with First Games except being a customer. I'll keep using them and supporting NZ business, especially with the awesome service I have received from them so far.

#44 twisterjamz

twisterjamz

Saitama

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5141 posts
  • Steam ID:twisterjamz
  • PSN:twisterjamzz

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:48 PM

I hate it when people do this. Clap clap you can do a currency conversion. Yes it costs more than an exact currency conversion. They are a business and are doing some of the footwork for you by importing the cards etc and then emailing you the code. They have overheads etc to pay. I think it's perfectly fair for them to charge a markup. They are a business not a charity for NZ gamers.

If you can get it somewhere else cheaper by doing some of the legwork yourself that's fine but don't act like First Games are ripping you off blind or anything by trying to run a profitable business.

By the way before anyone says anything I have absolutely nothing to do with First Games except being a customer. I'll keep using them and supporting NZ business, especially with the awesome service I have received from them so far.

if you read what I said about it being his first post on the forums then you would understand why I thought he could work for Firstgames, and as for their rip off PSN Price I will stick with what I said and I don't have anything against Firstgames its just I would rather buy it online from these sites

http://www.maximuscards.com/
http://www.hdmoviesource.com/

as there prices are still about $10 cheaper when converted with the extra fees

thats cool you came back to reply to my post bro, you should stick around on the forums theres quite a few cool guys on here, you might enjoy it

Edited by twisterjamz, 18 March 2011 - 04:51 PM.

#45 Twilight_Aurora

Twilight_Aurora
  • PSN:Twilight_Aurora

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:41 PM

Yeah those sites are great Twisterjamz, speak from experience. The codes come very fast after you pay, and are authentic/work fine. Their customer service is great too, as I had a problem with payment once, and they cleared it all up ASAP. Def recommend! :D

#46 TurtleWarrior

TurtleWarrior
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:39 PM

if you read what I said about it being his first post on the forums then you would understand why I thought he could work for Firstgames, and as for their rip off PSN Price I will stick with what I said and I don't have anything against Firstgames its just I would rather buy it online from these sites

http://www.maximuscards.com/
http://www.hdmoviesource.com/

as there prices are still about $10 cheaper when converted with the extra fees

thats cool you came back to reply to my post bro, you should stick around on the forums theres quite a few cool guys on here, you might enjoy it

yea all good man. you had a fair point, just thought id put my point across as to why i went with firstgames but each to their own. but yea, ill come back here from time and time again to see whats news. cheers

#47 eggyboy98

eggyboy98
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:16 PM

hi guys i tried to use a prezzy card on psn and i didnt know what to put in state but also does it have to be a new prezzy card?

#48 Metdevil

Metdevil
  • PSN:metdevil678

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:39 PM

hi guys i tried to use a prezzy card on psn and i didnt know what to put in state but also does it have to be a new prezzy card?

If you're making a US account just make up a random address and look up the state codes online. For example New York is NY, 10104

#49 xmorph

xmorph

Praise the Derp

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • Steam ID:Xen0m0rph3
  • PSN:GingerLeopard
  • Wii:Xen0m0rph3
  • Xbox Live:Xen0m0rph3

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:57 PM

If you're making a US account just make up a random address and look up the state codes online. For example New York is NY, 10104

Go for Oregon, most States will have extra tax added onto the advertised price, Oregon doesn't have this.

#50 Metdevil

Metdevil
  • PSN:metdevil678

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:11 PM

Go for Oregon, most States will have extra tax added onto the advertised price, Oregon doesn't have this.

Wow that's cool. Didn't know that :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users