• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 geneterror

geneterror
  • Steam ID:geneterror666
  • PSN:geneterror666
  • Xbox Live:geneterror

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:49 AM

I finally got Street Fighter HD! I used this website, http://www.hdmoviesource.com to get a US psn card, its was really quick the guy just charges your credit card and emails you the redeem code, I got mine in about 2 hours.

Thanks for this. I used this site yesterday and got my code in about 6 hours!

Anyone keen for a game add me. PSN=geneterror666

#22 arnies

arnies
  • PSN:arnienz

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

I finally got Street Fighter HD! I used this website, http://www.hdmoviesource.com to get a US psn card, its was really quick the guy just charges your credit card and emails you the redeem code, I got mine in about 2 hours.

Is that your US psn or NZ? Cos i dont think the us games will work with ur nz psn

#23 geneterror

geneterror

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:56 AM

Is that your US psn or NZ? Cos i dont think the us games will work with ur nz psn

It's my NZ PSN but I've been having no problem using it with HD Remix for online Vs. I downloaded the game on my 'US' account user profile, installed it, logged out and then logged in my normal user account.
The game shows up in my normal user account so I just sign in and play under my NZ PSN. It's updating my ranking and everything for scoreboard matches.

#24 JoeyX

JoeyX

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

JoeyGuy is mine. Add me, I picked this game up yesterday.

#25 polg

polg
  • Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:39 PM

Add another vote for hdmoviesource, they were a bit pricey but very fast. got my card in a couple of hours

#26 geneterror

geneterror

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:41 PM

Will add you both tonight. I will be online for some HD:Remix on Monday, if you're in Aucks and it's a public holiday for you guys as well I'm down for some games.

#27 shinichikudo

shinichikudo
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:11 PM

:whistle: :angry2: madazrotory,
the site is so marvelous. I like this
Many thanks
simulation credit auto

#28 lexcalibur

lexcalibur
  • PSN:Lexcalibur

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:51 PM

I been doing this for a long time using the entropay way, I got my account done quite early so I never had any problems.

Half my games are from the US store. If you can set up the Entropay account up quickly it is definitely the easiest way to do it...

#29 nocturnal05

nocturnal05
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • PSN:nocturnal05

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:13 PM

i just use good ol' ebay to put funds in my US PSN wallet. i've never had any problems either. you buy it using paypal and within a couple hours or so (my quickest was half hour) i get an email with the code. worked everytime.

you can get some pretty decent prices for it too.

#30 katherine04

katherine04
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:38 AM

that's a great idea! thanks! :blush:

simulation rachat de credit

#31 stevenz

stevenz

Jack of all trades

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • PSN:KnightNZ
  • Xbox Live:KnightNZ

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:24 PM

I buy US PSN cards off eBay too. You pay a small premium, but they work. Just make sure you buy off someone who is obviously reputable (the guy I use has a 5-figure feedback).

PSN store doesn't accept debit cards, which is what Entropay is. I use top-up cards to buy all my Rockband stuff off the US store. Plus they often get demos the NZ store doesn't.

If you have a really old Entropay account then it might work, if you set one up now, it won't.

#32 super14

super14
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:57 AM

If you have a really old Entropay account then it might work, if you set one up now, it won't.

Entropay works fine, I set up an account about 3 months ago and made 2 purchases from the US store without any problems. I also know other people that are using it without any problems.

Another option if you don't like Entropay or eBay is to buy gift credit cards, they work too.

#33 bareg

bareg
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:29 PM

Just got a $20 card from http://www.hdmoviesource.com/

Got the code almost instantly.

And make sure that instead of having our own country placed in the shipping address, replace it with "cards" so you won't get charged the additional $5.50. I made the mistake however, they've refunded me the $5.50.

I think its much more convenient than having the trouble of going through entropay.

In addition, they operate in the US. So there would be instances that they won't be able to send the code immediately.

Great customer support as well.

#34 stevenz

stevenz

Jack of all trades

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • PSN:KnightNZ
  • Xbox Live:KnightNZ

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:21 PM

Another thing to check, is when you're setting up your USA PSN account, is to make sure you tell it you're in a state that does NOT have sales tax, or they sting you for it when you buy stuff!

I think the only requirements it checks is that the ZIP code matches the state you choose. I used the state of Montana with the ZIP code 59645 and no taxes charged.

The fools!

#35 The Host of Chaos

The Host of Chaos

Made of Jelly

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 6983 posts
  • Steam ID:thochaos
  • PSN:thochaos
  • Xbox Live:thochaos

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:22 PM

Another thing to check, is when you're setting up your USA PSN account, is to make sure you tell it you're in a state that does NOT have sales tax, or they sting you for it when you buy stuff!

I think the only requirements it checks is that the ZIP code matches the state you choose. I used the state of Montana with the ZIP code 59645 and no taxes charged.

The fools!

Very good advice. I'll have to use that.

#36 Kegz

Kegz

Professional Learnsmith

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 8132 posts
  • Steam ID:kegzzz
  • PSN:kegzzz

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

Just brought a $20 card from hdmoviesource myself, going to get the back to the future game as I'm sick of waiting for it (can't find news on it anywhere for release outside US).

EDIT: Obviously I don't have a US credit card so I used PayPal. I'm in New York myself :cool: (no taxes)

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently NY has the tax now. Onto Montanna, I hear it's nice this time of year.

#37 Vicx

Vicx

PSN: supvic

• NZGamer.com VIP Silver VIP

• Members
  • 1383 posts
  • PSN:supvic

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

maximuscards.com has the best prices I've found, also got my code in an hour.

#38 twisterjamz

twisterjamz

Saitama

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5141 posts
  • Steam ID:twisterjamz
  • PSN:twisterjamzz

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:06 PM

maximuscards.com has the best prices I've found, also got my code in an hour.

might try that site next time when another Black Ops map pack comes out

#39 TurtleWarrior

TurtleWarrior
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:52 AM

How bout just going to firstgames.co.nz and buying a US PS3 network card there? They send you the network card code in the email within a couple of hours even on a Saturday.
I just created a US account using a Montana address that was advised above (not sure if that's neccessary) and then purchased the map pack via the US Store.
Easy.

#40 twisterjamz

twisterjamz

Saitama

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 5141 posts
  • Steam ID:twisterjamz
  • PSN:twisterjamzz

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:34 PM

How bout just going to firstgames.co.nz and buying a US PS3 network card there? They send you the network card code in the email within a couple of hours even on a Saturday.
I just created a US account using a Montana address that was advised above (not sure if that's neccessary) and then purchased the map pack via the US Store.
Easy.

lol you must work for firstgames since this is your first post on the forums but in response to your message, nah I wouldn't recommend buying it from firstgames as they sell a US$20 PSN card for NZ$39.99 when US$20 converts into NZ$27.2914 which shows that firstgames is ripping us off if we buy it for the price of NZ$39.99

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users