Photo

Tutorial: How To Buy Stuff Off The Us Psn

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 arnies

arnies
  • PSN:arnienz

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:13 PM

Well I think I've finially solved our problem about buying stuff of the US PSN store.

The PlayStation Store isn't available in all countries so it can be difficult to buy games and other content unless you have a credit card registered within the country, for example, buying games from the US PlayStation Store means you need to have a US credit card. Luckily, there is a easy way to get past this restriction through the use of a "virtual" credit card. This method has been confirmed in working for the US, Hong Kong and Japanese PlayStation Stores.

Instructions:

1. Create a new account on your PS3 and sign up to the PlayStation Network, selecting you desired country to use. E.g. Create User "US1" and sign-up to the PSN using "United States" as your country. (Or: How to create a Japanese PSN Account)

2. Go to EntroPay.com and login (if you are a registered user) or create a new account. EntroPay creates a virtual credit card using a real card, but it does not use an address so you can use it anywhere. Remember to sign up on Entropay with you New Zealand address, and keep the PSN address the american one. The PSN will accept the Entropay card even though it is a NZ address. Also, you will need to have some proof of identidy. Just use your drivers licence number - it's completley safe.
EntroPay charge for loading money on to your card (4.95%), so loading $10 will cost you $0.50 (total amount charged will be $10.50). There is also a charge for moving your money from the card back to your account.

3. Once you have created a account, load some money onto your card using a debit or credit card - this will activate your card. If you wish to spend $25 on the PlayStation Store, top-up your virtual card with $26-30.

4. On your PS3, go to [PlayStation Network] and select [Account Management].

5. On the [Account Management] screen, select [Account Management] and then select [Edit Billing Information]

6. Enter the card details shown on the EntroPay website:
Posted Image

Your card number is the long number on the card. Card Holder name is "ENTROPAY USER". In the above example, the expiry date is "06/09" and the security code is "123".
Posted Image

7. Once your card details have been entered, click on "Continue". You will then be asked to enter your billing address. Here, you can enter any address you want. Once finished, click "Continue" again and you will get a confirmation message.

8. To load money onto your PSN Account, return to the [Account Management] screen and select [Transaction Management].

9. Select [Manage Wallet] and then select [Add Funds].

10. Select [Credit Card] and select the amount of money you want to add (the amount should be less that the amount available on the EntroPay Virtual Card or the transaction will fail). Click "Continue" to complete the transaction.
Posted Image

11. You will receive a confirmation screen stating the transaction is complete. You can now go to the PlayStation Store and purchase some content.

If you cannot edit you billing information on the PS3's Account Management screen, try again after 10 minutes - it may take a while for your virtual credit card to become active. You virtual credit card must have at a balance of least $10 for it to work.

Next step: DOWNLOAD ROCK BAND 2 DLC!!
I think this should work with all PSN regions. So for you people who like Japanese stuff, read this too

#2 Illmatic

Illmatic

[NZGR]

• NZGamer.com VIP 1 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 6262 posts
  • PSN:Stillmatic
  • Xbox Live:Stilmatik

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:48 AM

So they're working again?

If Street Fighter II HD isn't on our store tomorrow, i'll grab the US version. :P

#3 Ruptunex

Ruptunex

I love Slide

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 7825 posts
  • Steam ID:Ruptunex
  • Xbox Live:Ruptunex

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:27 PM

When did you do this cause i heard they stopped accepting entropay?

#4 Controlled_chaos

Controlled_chaos
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:57 PM

Well I think I've finially solved our problem about buying stuff of the US PSN store.

The PlayStation Store isn't available in all countries so it can be difficult to buy games and other content unless you have a credit card registered within the country, for example, buying games from the US PlayStation Store means you need to have a US credit card. Luckily, there is a easy way to get past this restriction through the use of a "virtual" credit card. This method has been confirmed in working for the US, Hong Kong and Japanese PlayStation Stores.

Instructions:

1. Create a new account on your PS3 and sign up to the PlayStation Network, selecting you desired country to use. E.g. Create User "US1" and sign-up to the PSN using "United States" as your country. (Or: How to create a Japanese PSN Account)

2. Go to EntroPay.com and login (if you are a registered user) or create a new account. EntroPay creates a virtual credit card using a real card, but it does not use an address so you can use it anywhere. Remember to sign up on Entropay with you New Zealand address, and keep the PSN address the american one. The PSN will accept the Entropay card even though it is a NZ address. Also, you will need to have some proof of identidy. Just use your drivers licence number - it's completley safe.
EntroPay charge for loading money on to your card (4.95%), so loading $10 will cost you $0.50 (total amount charged will be $10.50). There is also a charge for moving your money from the card back to your account.

3. Once you have created a account, load some money onto your card using a debit or credit card - this will activate your card. If you wish to spend $25 on the PlayStation Store, top-up your virtual card with $26-30.

4. On your PS3, go to [PlayStation Network] and select [Account Management].

5. On the [Account Management] screen, select [Account Management] and then select [Edit Billing Information]

6. Enter the card details shown on the EntroPay website:
Posted Image

Your card number is the long number on the card. Card Holder name is "ENTROPAY USER". In the above example, the expiry date is "06/09" and the security code is "123".
Posted Image

7. Once your card details have been entered, click on "Continue". You will then be asked to enter your billing address. Here, you can enter any address you want. Once finished, click "Continue" again and you will get a confirmation message.

8. To load money onto your PSN Account, return to the [Account Management] screen and select [Transaction Management].

9. Select [Manage Wallet] and then select [Add Funds].

10. Select [Credit Card] and select the amount of money you want to add (the amount should be less that the amount available on the EntroPay Virtual Card or the transaction will fail). Click "Continue" to complete the transaction.
Posted Image

11. You will receive a confirmation screen stating the transaction is complete. You can now go to the PlayStation Store and purchase some content.

If you cannot edit you billing information on the PS3's Account Management screen, try again after 10 minutes - it may take a while for your virtual credit card to become active. You virtual credit card must have at a balance of least $10 for it to work.

Next step: DOWNLOAD ROCK BAND 2 DLC!!
I think this should work with all PSN regions. So for you people who like Japanese stuff, read this too

heres a easier way, make a us account like process 1, then go to post shop buy prezzie card, then the rest of the process is just buying stuff from the nz store, u made a simple process not so simple, u dont need a us credit card to buy from the us store, i repeat U DONT NEED A US CREDIT CARD

#5 Koopa18

Koopa18
  • PSN:galaxiid
  • Wii:galaxiid (nintendo network id)
  • Xbox Live:gravitygrace

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:02 PM

Sweet. If I won a PSP from NZGamer (hint hint) the FIRST thing I would do would be download Spyro The Dragon. But Its on the US store only :P

Its pretty cool that you can download it for PSP or PS3.

#6 Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok

The Legend of Swordhorse

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10472 posts
  • PSN:MrDeflok
  • Wii:7711 8664 2491 3649

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:06 PM

I tried using a prezzy card on PSN once and all I got was a headache.

#7 arnies

arnies

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:52 AM

When did you do this cause i heard they stopped accepting entropay?

You just have to wait a few days/weeks before you put the billing details into the PSN or it wont work

#8 that_black_guy

that_black_guy
  • PSN:that_black_guy

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:06 PM

I tried using a prezzy card on PSN once and all I got was a headache.

Really? I use prezzy cards to top up my account all the time. Easy as pie

#9 Controlled_chaos

Controlled_chaos
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:56 PM

that s not good , weeks u say, it pretty much instant with prezzy cards, i use prezzzy cards all the time , and never have a problem, ive used them in the us store and nz store , works a treat, if ur having a problem using them ur doing something wrong

#10 madazrotory

madazrotory
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • PSN:hughgo187

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:48 PM

that s not good , weeks u say, it pretty much instant with prezzy cards, i use prezzzy cards all the time , and never have a problem, ive used them in the us store and nz store , works a treat, if ur having a problem using them ur doing something wrong

I just tried to use a prezzy card on the us store and it kept telling me that my info was incorrect and charged the card each time for the atempt, which pissed me off. any iideas why it doesnt work?

#11 arnies

arnies

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:39 AM

I just tried to use a prezzy card on the us store and it kept telling me that my info was incorrect and charged the card each time for the atempt, which pissed me off. any iideas why it doesnt work?

Why didnt you just do my way? At least it works lol

#12 Slide

Slide

Hot for Nimrod

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Silver VIP

• Members
  • 2630 posts
  • Steam ID:antron81
  • PSN:SlideXII
  • Xbox Live:S1ideXII

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:16 AM

It sounds as tho Sony need to sorth their shite out and get us RB2 DLC!

#13 madazrotory

madazrotory
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:59 PM

because entropay doesnt suporrt amex. I use some one elses visa when i need to, and its a hassle to get all the verification done.

What they should do is just hurry up with releasing street fighter in the pal region how hard can it really be!!

#14 arnies

arnies

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:30 PM

Actually, come to think of it. thats ecactly what happened with Entropay. Try waiting a few weeks and then trying agian. Just try once a week or so. And dont worry, all that money will be refunded to you.

#15 Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok

The Legend of Swordhorse

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 10472 posts
  • PSN:MrDeflok
  • Wii:7711 8664 2491 3649

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:36 PM

So, to the people who used a Prezzy Card - did you do so on the US or NZ store. Also, what did you enter on the account holder details screen?

#16 madazrotory

madazrotory
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:58 AM

I finally got Street Fighter HD! I used this website, http://www.hdmoviesource.com to get a US psn card, its was really quick the guy just charges your credit card and emails you the redeem code, I got mine in about 2 hours.

The only lame thing is that they charge you a postage fee but considering the speed of the service I didn't bother me, and its cheaper than buying one from play-asia too I think it cost me about $47 nz for a $20 us card.

hope that helps
:)

#17 Controlled_chaos

Controlled_chaos
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:45 PM

I finally got Street Fighter HD! I used this website, http://www.hdmoviesource.com to get a US psn card, its was really quick the guy just charges your credit card and emails you the redeem code, I got mine in about 2 hours.

The only lame thing is that they charge you a postage fee but considering the speed of the service I didn't bother me, and its cheaper than buying one from play-asia too I think it cost me about $47 nz for a $20 us card.

hope that helps

just out of interest, did u use a normal everyday credit card ie visa or mastercard

#18 Controlled_chaos

Controlled_chaos
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:52 PM

So, to the people who used a Prezzy Card - did you do so on the US or NZ store. Also, what did you enter on the account holder details screen?

us of course, go to the veiw cart and then add funds, the us site is pretty much the same except u have more options on what credit card u use, but prezzy card is a visa card

#19 madazrotory

madazrotory
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:03 PM

hope that helps

just out of interest, did u use a normal everyday credit card ie visa or mastercard

yea i just used my american express

#20 Controlled_chaos

Controlled_chaos
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:21 PM

because entropay doesnt suporrt amex. I use some one elses visa when i need to, and its a hassle to get all the verification done.

What they should do is just hurry up with releasing street fighter in the pal region how hard can it really be!!

wouldnt buying it from the us store and nz store be the process, still need a credit card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users