13384 replies to this topic

#21 Jaz

Jaz

#SILVERSCUM

• NZGamer.com VIP Gold VIP

• Members
  • 4318 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:40 PM

National IN, Gaybour OUT and Winnie GONE. WOOHOO!

#22 JojoTheRain

JojoTheRain

�_�

• NZGamer.com VIP Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • Steam ID:jojotherain
  • PSN:infinite_arc

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:43 PM

I'm only WooHooing the Peters gone part of that. It certainly sucks to be a student now.
Peters almost cried!! And he talked a lot. Then said something about his final words being something. Then he left. Then came back on, and continued to talk.
BUT NOW HE'S FINALLY GONE!! Hah!!

It doesn't surprise me that Jaz like National...

#23 Nivicious

Nivicious

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:49 PM

f*** yes national is in!

act and national, def a good coalition

and def great for nz

#24 djkicks

djkicks

Misa <3

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Tester
  • 11142 posts
  • Steam ID:ProfessorKicks
  • Xbox Live:Chalcopyrite

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:53 AM

The party I voted for got in. So thats good news. :angry2:

#25 Ruptunex

Ruptunex

I love Slide

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 7825 posts
  • Steam ID:Ruptunex
  • Xbox Live:Ruptunex

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:54 AM

You voted well Kicks. Congrats.

#26 Dancing is Forbidden

Dancing is Forbidden

You can beg and beg and beg you're goin'a jail

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 1559 posts
  • PSN:===[_]_
  • Wii:_(ooooo)_

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:54 PM

Even though Jaz totally stole my thread idea, his one has a better name so I'll bump it instead of mine.

Anyway, Woohoo at this now background Except for the random sky-face in the top left corner (does that person have anything to do with the game at all?), it's pretty awesome, and lots of black means it doesn't take your focus off the main page.

#27 Nivicious

Nivicious

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:52 PM

yeh, shes one of the characters in the story of the game, it was on the news the other day or yesterday

#28 Munkah

Munkah

Resident overlord

• Staff
  • 12616 posts
  • Steam ID:Morgadeth
  • PSN:Morgadeth
  • Wii:1032 5522 9691 7697
  • Xbox Live:Morgadeth

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:54 PM

f*** yes national is in!

act and national, def a good coalition

and def great for nz

Enjoy your ruined country. :whistle:

#29 Nivicious

Nivicious

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:52 AM

isnt it our country... dont you live here...?!

oh and i didnt actually vote because i didnt know who to vote for and didnt want to waste my vote unless i knew exactly who i wanted to vote for.... although i was persuaded by my olds to vote national, i wasnt convinced. they told me about the idea of change (because they found flaws in the labour government/policies for themselves atleast like any other voter would look for when voting). It doesnt effect me directly a lot except the tax from work (which i know of anyway, i dont take a lot of notice of the policies of a government which i really should but anyway....)

and why are you bringing up a comment i made 2 weeks ago for?

but lets carry on anyway... im not saying national is better which is why i didnt vote but like i said, my olds bought up a good point for them and maybe me in the future or even now being self employed right now. They wanted change, and a lot of national's ideas, my olds agreed with so i accept what they thought was the best for them.

basically what im saying is i agree with the idea of having change in leadership to give nz a change in direction. i have personally never read or discussed any parties direction or policies which is why i didnt vote but i heard/saw/was persuaded by my olds to have a change...

ANYWAY... the above comments should answer your questions...
although a bit of a read i expect you can understand a little of what im talking about

lol maybe you dont understand where im coming from but what im saying is im applauding change from my olds perspective... my reasoning for that comment

god i rambled on for a while, and i bet you werent even looking for this crap but ohwell Munkah, you asked

#30 tiamat1990

tiamat1990
  • Steam ID:tiamat1990

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:40 AM

Greens ftw baby.

They're the only one that understands net neutrality and that for me is important. Their extreme environmental policies are a bit iffy at times but then again they are the Greens. Jeanette Fitzsimons is awesome.

#31 thizz

thizz

TIK TOK B!TCHE$

• NZGamer.com VIP 2 Star Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 1410 posts
  • Xbox Live:s0ul274

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:03 AM

Anyone vote for the Maori Party ow G fulla bay??

#32 Munkah

Munkah

Resident overlord

• Staff
  • 12616 posts
  • Steam ID:Morgadeth
  • PSN:Morgadeth
  • Wii:1032 5522 9691 7697
  • Xbox Live:Morgadeth

Posted 22 November 2008 - 02:57 PM

yeah, but I don't care enough to be bothered by it.

Though the idea of act, maori party and national is kind odd. John Key is probably going to end up in the middle of fights between the smaller parties. :whistle:

edit

Oh that's what that was about, your sarcasm detector seems to be broken.

#33 Jaz

Jaz

#SILVERSCUM

• Members
  • 4318 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:24 PM

John Key is a self-made multimillionaire. He knows what the deal is.

#34 BlackRetina

BlackRetina
  • Steam ID:BlackRetina
  • PSN:AnarchistPND

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:09 PM

f*** yes national is in!

act and national, def[initely] a good coalition

and def[initely] great for nz

Oh, and I didnt actually vote because I didn't know who to vote for and didn't want to waste my vote unless I knew exactly who I wanted to vote for.... although i was persuaded by my olds to vote national, I wasn't convinced. they told me about the idea of change (because they found flaws in the labour government/policies for themselves at least like any other voter would look for when voting). It doesn't effect me directly a lot except the tax from work (which i know of anyway, I don't take a lot of notice of the policies of a government which i really should but anyway....)

But lets carry on anyway... im not saying national is better which is why i didnt vote but like i said, my olds bought up a good point for them and maybe me in the future or even now being self employed right now. They wanted change, and a lot of national's ideas, my olds agreed with so i accept what they thought was the best for them.

Basically what I'm saying is i agree with the idea of having change in leadership to give nz a change in direction. i have personally never read or discussed any parties direction or policies which is why i didn't vote but i heard/saw/was persuaded by my olds to have a change...

Here's the breakdown on what you've said:

"Act and National [will] def[initely] [be] a good coalition"
[Act and National will] "def[initely] [be] great for NZ"
Yet...
You "have personally never read or discussed any parties direction or policies"
Also...
You provide a statement with no evidence:
"my olds bought up a good point" -tell us what this point is or you needn't mention it.

#35 alienhominid

alienhominid

You are inferior. f*** off.

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Bronze VIP

• Banned
  • 1684 posts
  • Xbox Live:muntey

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:21 PM

why don't you just tick all the boxes if you can't decide. that's what I do for when we have to vote for sh*t at school. or I pick a random one

#36 tiamat1990

tiamat1990
  • Steam ID:tiamat1990

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:42 PM

blah blah blah

Yet...
Also...
"my olds bought up a good point" -tell us what this point is or you needn't mention it.

My thought is that an uninformed voter is worse than not voting at all. But then how informed does one have to be? It's hard to know everything. That just sounded really stupid...meh

I still think they should handle elections differently. They give you the issues and you tick the box that you believe is the right one and then it votes the most likely candidate for you. No bullshit and no brainwashing with change mantras. But I guess that kind of system brings with it a sh*t load of issues...

#37 Nivicious

Nivicious

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:11 PM

yeah, but I don't care enough to be bothered by it.

Though the idea of act, maori party and national is kind odd. John Key is probably going to end up in the middle of fights between the smaller parties. :thumbsup:

edit

Oh that's what that was about, your sarcasm detector seems to be broken.

damn! knew something was off when i wrote that

f*** yes national is in!

act and national, def[initely] a good coalition

and def[initely] great for nz

Oh, and I didnt actually vote because I didn't know who to vote for and didn't want to waste my vote unless I knew exactly who I wanted to vote for.... although i was persuaded by my olds to vote national, I wasn't convinced. they told me about the idea of change (because they found flaws in the labour government/policies for themselves at least like any other voter would look for when voting). It doesn't effect me directly a lot except the tax from work (which i know of anyway, I don't take a lot of notice of the policies of a government which i really should but anyway....)

But lets carry on anyway... im not saying national is better which is why i didnt vote but like i said, my olds bought up a good point for them and maybe me in the future or even now being self employed right now. They wanted change, and a lot of national's ideas, my olds agreed with so i accept what they thought was the best for them.

Basically what I'm saying is i agree with the idea of having change in leadership to give nz a change in direction. i have personally never read or discussed any parties direction or policies which is why i didn't vote but i heard/saw/was persuaded by my olds to have a change...

Yet...
Also...

i dont need no god damn evidence. just dont read my stuff if you dont want a backed up argument or a good point...

#38 Gazza22

Gazza22

Yeah, Nah, Definitely

• Tester
  • 2450 posts
  • PSN:High_Fiiive

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:06 PM

Eonough of this politics carry on.

KIWIS RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD CHAMPS. :thumbsup:

#39 Nivicious

Nivicious

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:09 PM

f*** yes. great work kiwis!

#40 JojoTheRain

JojoTheRain

�_�

• NZGamer.com VIP Bronze VIP

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • Steam ID:jojotherain
  • PSN:infinite_arc

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:27 PM

I still think they should handle elections differently. They give you the issues and you tick the box that you believe is the right one and then it votes the most likely candidate for you. No bullshit and no brainwashing with change mantras. But I guess that kind of system brings with it a sh*t load of issues...

The problem with that is with issues as to where tax payers money goes to. There are so many different things that it can go to that everyone will want, it'll be insane for everyone in NZ to decide. Also, for the decisions about Tax Cuts; which everyone will want.
The only way it could work is by everybody being practically their own individual 'party', then mixing all their ideas into a nice balanced even mix, and even doing that was cause chaos!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users