Just the best

• NZGamer.com VIP 3 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 1990 posts
  • Steam ID:iludez
  • PSN:iludez
  • Xbox Live:iludez

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:52 AM

Lol yeah wofs suck, I use to do them too. Wasn't certified to sign them off but we offered a full service that included a wof. Back then it was test by driving them instead of using the hoist. Got to drive some amazing cars though

#31922 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• NZGamer.com VIP 4 Star Gold VIP

• Members
  • 3555 posts
  • PSN:Dvst8u

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:48 PM

we have a fandangled brake machine , not a roller machine but like a skid pad sort of thing. makes it a breeze. just slightly repetitive thats all. would much rather do a cambelt or suspension etc

#31923 iludez

iludez

Just the best

• Members
  • 1990 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:15 PM

we have a fandangled brake machine , not a roller machine but like a skid pad sort of thing. makes it a breeze. just slightly repetitive thats all. would much rather do a cambelt or suspension etc

I worked in a performance car shop, all my mates thought I was living the dream. Little did they know 95% of my work was servicing and wofs. Mundane as, upside was free parts and labor working on my cars.

But it eventually became so boring I quit

#31924 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5968 posts
  • Steam ID:psychomonkey69
  • PSN:PsychoMonkey
  • Wii:ScubaSteve
  • Xbox Live:Psycho Obezyana

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:02 PM

b*tch = im sick of doing wof's today already.

That's alright, I'm sick of having to get them

#31925 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12455 posts
  • PSN:foxymcstupid

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:56 AM

I wait at least 3 months after it expires before getting a new one.

#31926 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• Members
  • 3555 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:24 PM

if only everyone looked after their own car. if only they made parts that never wore out. 

#31927 womz

womz
  • Steam ID:womzz
  • Xbox Live:Womz

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:08 PM

if only everyone looked after their own car. if only they made parts that never wore out.

you're going to love this

my girlfriend started a new job recently and part of her role is fleet management. The lady training her showed her the checklist and said, "oh it looks like a lot but I don't do most of it because I don't know what they are"

yea this lady was skipping things like washer fluid because she didn't know what it was!! Among other important things to check like oil, coolant, brake fluid, tyre pressure. I think all she did was take them for a monthly car wash and yearly service

#31928 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• Members
  • 3555 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:40 PM

no surprises there. normal people who respect that their car needs to be safe if not for them , then their family , if not their family other road uses/public have no issue with wof's at all. also with your fleet vehicles as you mentioned, most people dont realise that for newer vehicles its a 3 year wof. most fleet vehicles are normally purchased from new so they can have upwards of 100,000kms before they have a safety check. i personally service a car here which is a delivery vehicle around the north island that had done 350k in its first three years of service. so yeah...

#31929 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

What happened? How did I get here?

• Members
  • 10910 posts
  • PSN:drunk_monk_13
  • Xbox Live:drunkmonk37

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

I hate self congratulating news "opinion pieces" about Pakeha who are learning how to speak Te Reo Maori but others are lazy.

Commonly these articles don't include links to resources to learn more, or links to how or where they learned, and how to do so yourself.  They are pat yourself on the back pieces that aren't actually there to help spread the word.

I wish news articles would build up to things like this in a more positive way.  Coming up to Christmas there will be a million "what to do on Christmas", or "the hot new toys for Christmas" and other how to celebrate Christmas garbage.

Why cant they do stuff like that for more important dates.  "this is how to celebrate Te Reo Maori Week", "how to encourage Te Reo Maori next week" and other things would make so much more of a positive difference to society.

"here are 20 Te Reo words ready to be printed and put up around your office/home", the puff pieces write themselves, but could be really helpful to encourage a positive spin on our native culture.

I don't know, f*** it frustrates me.

#31930 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10910 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:06 PM

Also I'm b*tching about people b*tching, putting out non positive messages about non positive messages.  Bloody irony.

#31931 Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Gods Evil Twin

• Members
  • 5968 posts
  • Steam ID:psychomonkey69
  • PSN:PsychoMonkey
  • Wii:ScubaSteve
  • Xbox Live:Psycho Obezyana

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

Doesn't really change anything, none of the countries without WoF's show any increase in mechanical failures we just get stuck paying extra for "security theatre"... It makes people feel safer while actually achieving sh*t all to nothing. 

#31932 Gonzala

Gonzala
  • PSN:Gonzala137

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:57 PM

Why cant they do stuff like that for more important dates.  "this is how to celebrate Te Reo Maori Week", "how to encourage Te Reo Maori next week" and other things would make so much more of a positive difference to society.

In my opinion it's not a cause to celebrate or encourage. Those with a media presence should not be forcing a language upon the general public who have not provided their consent. 

#31933 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10910 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:08 PM

Why cant they do stuff like that for more important dates. "this is how to celebrate Te Reo Maori Week", "how to encourage Te Reo Maori next week" and other things would make so much more of a positive difference to society.

In my opinion it's not a cause to celebrate or encourage. Those with a media presence should not be forcing a language upon the general public who have not provided their consent.

I'm not saying it should be forced down your throat. Being available to those interested isn't forcing anything at all.

In fact the media mostly being in English is more like it being forced down the throats of people who dont like it so surely if your opinion is consistent then that would upset you more.

#31934 Gonzala

Gonzala
  • PSN:Gonzala137

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:21 PM

Why cant they do stuff like that for more important dates. "this is how to celebrate Te Reo Maori Week", "how to encourage Te Reo Maori next week" and other things would make so much more of a positive difference to society.

I'm not saying it should be forced down your throat. Being available to those interested isn't forcing anything at all.

In fact the media mostly being in English is more like it being forced down the throats of people who dont like it so surely if your opinion is consistent then that would upset you more.

I don't see an issue if the links are provided for those who are interested... but being flooded with content on social media and on television is unacceptable. We are an English speaking country and it is expected that everybody uses it when communicating with the public. I won't go into this issue further because it can get rather heated.

#31935 Dvst8u

Dvst8u

Dvst8u

• Members
  • 3555 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:31 PM

Doesn't really change anything, none of the countries without WoF's show any increase in mechanical failures we just get stuck paying extra for "security theatre"... It makes people feel safer while actually achieving sh*t all to nothing.

Awesome stuff scuba 👍

#31936 sakuraba

sakuraba

I know what you did last summer

• Members
  • 1606 posts
  • PSN:subtime
  • Xbox Live:subtime

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:23 AM

Some idiots reversed into me, jesus

Edited by sakuraba, 14 September 2017 - 07:24 AM.

#31937 stupidlikeafox

stupidlikeafox

No sleep 'til bed time

• 12455 posts
  • PSN:foxymcstupid

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:46 AM

Some idiots reversed into me, jesus

I read that as "Some idiots reversed me into Jesus".

#31938 sakuraba

sakuraba

I know what you did last summer

• Members
  • 1606 posts
  • PSN:subtime
  • Xbox Live:subtime

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:43 AM

Haha yeah that didn't look right sorry Jesus.

#31939 drunk_monk

drunk_monk

• Members
  • 10910 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:22 PM

I don't think Jesus cares if you find him reversing or going forwards, as long as you find him.

#31940 iludez

iludez

Just the best

• Members
  • 1990 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:26 PM

b*tch: I suffer from chronic back pain, undiagnosed or misdiagnosed for 10 years. I'm spiraling into depression more and more and the health system refuses to look into my case more or help. I've already spent my life savings trying to get it sorted but now I'm broke and have no options.

Been told my only step left is more private consultations at $500 a pop.

Sorry for the rant, just a bit fed up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cant, Even, First, World, Problems

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users